Response to "The Quick and the Dead" nerf.

90 Troll Priest
First off, 2 threads I feel really get my point across:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794231143
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794730635

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/235672-patch-505-hotfixes/
  • The guild perk, The Quick and the Dead, now increases the movement speed of dead players by 10%, down from 100%.

• Seriously? First you remove Have Group, Will Travel, the most useful guild perk in the game, and then you destroy this one, in a hotfix? Not to mention getting rid of the useful flask perks.

You might as well remove Mass Resurrection while you're at it.

There goes world PvP in Stormwind City and the Deeprun Tram. Back to 5-10 minute corpse runs.

Is there an explanation for this? Did they not want people rushing to their corpses after dying on a World Boss? Was it not more sensible to just DISABLE the ability to release spirit during a world boss, to prevent this? Was that not the easier route?

Why in the world was this perk nerfed? This absolutely kills any sort of city PvP, since the attacking force will be forced to endure 5 minute corpse runs every time they die. I just simply don't get why this was nerfed.

This brings me to my second point, and the point of the second thread. Why no explanation for the nerf? One of the things that has always annoyed me with Blizzard's sudden nerfs and buffs is that we RARELY get an explanation for it. Base game mechanic massively overhauled? Good luck trying to understand WHY it happened. I know during Cataclysm Ghostcrawler occasionally DID explain why a spec/class/mechanic got nerfed, and I would really like to see this come back. So far we've gotten NO explanation as to why the guild perk was nerfed. I think a LOT of people would really appreciate a decent explanation on why TQatD was nerfed.
    Edited by Byniri on 10/7/2012 3:03 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Troll Priest
    10/07/2012 01:15 PMPosted by Gorkag
    RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!

Schnitzel? Go home Schintzel you are drunk!
    Reply Quote
    15 Blood Elf Hunter
    I dont think any reason to why it was removed would even make sense though, world boss GY spamming? Rezz wait time and it will be outta date in 5.1.

Thats the only possible reason someone suggested. I just wish they would fix it, its the little things like this that made the game funner. I liked being super ghost :(
    Reply Quote
    90 Orc Warrior
    Schnitzel? Go home Schintzel you are drunk!

Rabble! Rabble...rabble.

rabble...

ZzzzZZzzZzZzzzzZZzzZZzzzzz.......

RABBLE! ZzzZZZzzzzz....
    Reply Quote
    5 Gnome Mage
    After playing for 2 weeks with no HGWT, I honestly say i don't even remember it being there.

After the quick and the dead being gone or whatever, I don't even notice it was gone either.
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Death Knight
    This made getting back to my body less annoying... and now it hit that level of stupid that none of us will understand.

I can honestly say I don't see a rational reason why they nerfed it but I'd love to read an explanation in a heartbeat.
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Monk
    How often are people dieing that this needs to matter? Although I do agree it was amazing.
    Edited by Hainawa on 10/7/2012 1:26 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Death Knight
    10/07/2012 01:34 PMPosted by Astraeä
    How often were people summoning other people using HGWT needs to matter?

It doesn't, at least to me. Was nice to have, now it's gone. Wasn't a big deal for me. Neither is this.
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Monk
    Tooltip in game still reads 100%.
    Reply Quote
    90 Undead Priest
    10/07/2012 01:26 PMPosted by Hainawa
    How often are people dieing that this needs to matter? Although I do agree it was amazing.

It sorta mattered. There was no reason to take it away that couldn't have been fixed in a less awful way.

10/07/2012 01:38 PMPosted by Mistweavers
    Tooltip in game still reads 100%.

Everyone should know by now that tooltip changes are late. Kill yourself and see how fast you move with the perk. It won't be 100%
    Edited by Holypenguin on 10/7/2012 1:39 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Draenei Shaman
    I THOUGHT my corpse runs recently felt slower...
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Monk
    10/07/2012 01:38 PMPosted by Holypenguin
    Everyone should know by now that tooltip changes are late. Kill yourself and see how fast you move with the perk. It won't be 100%
    Oh no I know it has been nerfed, by no means do I agree with them. I am holding out hope they are changing it back this is just a test.
    Reply Quote
    90 Orc Shaman
    Remove mass ressurection? Don't give them any ideas because that's probably gonna be next.
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Monk
    10/07/2012 02:24 PMPosted by Serahna
    Have group, will travel (don't I wish!),
    I want the new perk they gave us for this to be replaced. Honestly who uses Flight Paths that much?
    Reply Quote
    MVP
    90 Night Elf Priest
    What explanation could they give that would satisfy you and not just cause argument?
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]