[A] Devilclaw Outlaws: Cutting the Mists

The light in the Scarlet Raven grew ever duller as the fire burned its last log and the candles throughout the room had melted to their bases. A young man sat in a chair nearest the counter where Hann - resident barkeep of the dry tavern - busied himself cleaning and restocking drinks for the next day's customers.

It was same chair he'd sat in when he first came to the Dusk, just following rumors. Now weeks later, he had met her face to face…

Her words played back in his mind over and over.

"Well, New Blood. Think you've got the bones?" The mage had stared sternly at the young man’s unshaven face.

His smirk was wide. "Aye. So long as ya remember - you came lookin' fer me."

Ottavia’s face had drawn tight. "S'ain't some joy ride. You can hit the stone to Westfall if you're thinkin' this would be some thug operation." She'd looked the man in his eyes, her tone dripping with annoyance.

"Err...no. I certain’ did not think…"

"No! You didn't think!" He met her gaze, but his voice trailed off. The lash of her tongue could've snuffed the wicks of any of those candles. Probably had.

His posture changed; he sat to attention when she spoke. She didn’t wait for him to finish his thought. "Make no mistake, boy. We're headin' to hot water over in those new lands. This'll be your one shot to get in on the ground floor. We're branchin' out. Need a few solid bodies. Folks who'll end up bein' more than the corn-fed meat shields we're up against."

Her voice became stone cold. "Don' think you're anything special. If you can’t cut it, we can go pick out your box for the return trip home. There's a thousand more like you out 'n that big bad world, so don' think for a second that I need you."

She stood up, still holding his gaze. The young man moved to stand, but she put up her hand and shook her head. "I’ve got more business. You'd best stay here and make a few acquaintances before we leave. We rendezvous with the Skybreaker as she gets underway outside Stormwind." She looked him over, one last time. She scowled, shaking her head as she turned and left the Raven.

Throughout the night, many Outlaws came and went. He stayed in his chair as they walked past muttering to themselves, "New Blood," and shaking their heads. Now the Raven was empty. He looked at his mug - now empty of the ale Ottavia had thrust in his hands.

His thoughts wandered a bit further as he ran his finger over the hilt of his dagger. He knew it was time. Either to catch a gryphon ride and meet for the rendezvous….or swallow his free drink and head off to Westfall to find the Defias.

Finally he stood up, looked around the room, and give a wild grin. By no means was this a small group of thugs - despite the rumors in Stormwind. They were mobilizing to get a foothold in Pandaria, and he wanted in. He dropped some copper on the table for Hann, tipped his head...and strolled out into the cool air of the Duskwood night.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Courtesy of Toreyn Bloodthorn, Bootlegger
Edited by Ottavia on 1/8/2013 8:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
Want to know more about the Outlaws? Check out our recruitment video at:

http://youtu.be/Q8BkCJPLmI4
Edited by Ottavia on 10/8/2012 8:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Devilclaw Outlaws

The DCO was created with a very simple mentality.

Our guild is a "community first" environment.

Our aim is to provide our members with a low drama, laid-back atmosphere and plenty of avenues to enjoy the game. For any potential members interested in the Devilclaw Outlaws, this fact cannot be stressed enough. We value our community more than our RP, PvP, and PvE. Since the guild's inception, we've been fortunate enough to have a core of dedicated members who actively devote themselves to maintaining this goal. While we don't expect everyone to jump in and go to blows for our name, we do appreciate a level of respect for everyone - regardless or seniority or rank.

Our Exploits

As the Mists part, we look forward to new seasons of PvP, new PvE content, and a beautiful new world in which to stage our roleplay. Our goals are always shifting to balance with the news of our membership, but here's a briefing of our current goals:

• [RP] Generate immersive guild storylines
  • [RP] Institute RPPvP events and individual bounties
  • [RP] Provide regularly-scheduled RP events
  • [PvP] Continue hosting planned and spontaneous WPvP events
  • [PvE] Build a solid raiding core

Code Of Conduct

We filter for community; meaning, we value people who have great attitudes in-game and otherwise, and players who like being part of a social guild. Once invited, every Outlaw is held to the same standard of conduct. We don't put up with role-play griefing, spamming, breaking the ToS, or general nonsense. If you see an Outlaw doing anything of the sort, don't hesitate to contact an officer.

While we strongly discourage unsavory acts (i.e. rude emotes, etc.), it's important to note that we have no restrictions for freelance WPvP and are unlikely to pull rank when "PvP happens." However, in organized events, certain behaviors are explicitly unacceptable.
Reply Quote
Open Forum Policy

Non-members are invited to register on DevilclawOutlaws.com to access our roleplay and general discussion forums. If you choose to join the site, please do so with a semi-recognizable name!

Contact Information

For questions - or to report a concern - please contact one of the following officers via in-game mail:

Ottavia - Boss; GM
Araane- Boss

Shurakaii - Underboss, PvE
Delegoth- Underboss, RP
Findarissimo- Underboss, PvP

To apply for membership, please register on our website: DevilclawOutlaws.com.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Think you've got the bones?
Edited by Ottavia on 1/12/2013 7:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
14 Worgen Druid
I've got the bones. I chew on them, too. And if you throw one far enough, I might go fetch it.
Edited by Gallowglass on 10/8/2012 7:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Feel free to post questions here too! I'm really bad about checking my mail. :p
Reply Quote
Do you think more recruits will keep your oat silo's safe? I am afraid that you under estimate my sneakiness.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Get yer mitts off of our oats. You can't pilfer our pilfered oats, that's just dastardly.
Reply Quote
14 Worgen Druid
10/08/2012 10:29 AMPosted by Araane
Get yer mitts off of our oats. You can't pilfer our pilfered oats, that's just dastardly.

Is there no honor among thieves anymore?
Reply Quote
Want to know more about the Outlaws? Check out our recruitment video at:

http://youtu.be/Q8BkCJPLmI4

(( I suspect there will be future productions, looking forward to adding more Outlaws and more Dreamers to the cast. ))
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
(( gonna put my 0.02 cents in.

Devilclaw Outlaws is an awesome guild with awesome people. They have great spirit about wpvp and rp.))
Reply Quote

Devilclaw Outlaws is an awesome guild with awesome people. They have great spirit about wpvp and rp.))

<3

Did you get your mail?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

<3

Did you get your mail?

((no, but i'll be sure to check it :)

))
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
/peeks ....

/returns to more Horde Panda killing
Reply Quote
I can vouch for this Guild as well, though I'm sure my word means little next to nothing.
They're really fun to mess with in WPvP, they seem really active as well.

Not to mention the few times I spoke with them on Alliance, they seemed to be a very friendly group with a great outlook on the game itself, and how they should be playing it.

+1 Devilclaw Outlaws.
Reply Quote
((Recent recruit here. I'm new to RP and they're really helping me get my sea legs. Highly recommended. Also, PvP is extremely active. I know, I get caught in the cross fire. Great folks.))
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Our recruitment video. It is spectacular. I have watched it 67 times so far.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
10/11/2012 06:49 AMPosted by Shurakaii
Our recruitment video. It is spectacular. I have watched it 67 times so far.

((
LMAO Shura!! <3 ....... (I'm almost on par)

Also Holladay! You were wonderful! Such a lively character! Everyone should get the chance to meet you IC! Can't wait for next tavern night! :D

Thanks Lunaclaw - being all sneaky, who are you allie side?
))
Edited by Dycern on 10/11/2012 8:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The hunter stands near the darken bank looking across to the opposite shore into the lands of Westfall. His ears twitch as he strains to focus on distant sounds. Many miles away the screams of farmers and citizens can be heard. The low rumble of Tauren hooves accompany the cries for help.

The hunter turns to his steed and gives a sharp whistle to his companion resting by the shore.

"Battle calls Oki. It's another raid on Westfall oats."

. The pair charge south to the bridge and cross the river into Westfall.

((Friday is wpvp nights. I believe certain Tauren must be relieved of their oats
))
Reply Quote
((If I can get on I will try to pay your silo a visit))
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]