TOS Violation / Grey Area / or Tough luck kid

90 Pandaren Shaman
Totally allowed. On a PVP server you could have fragged them and then taken their node as that is also allowed..

afaik the only way to violate the TOS with mining and herbing would be if you where actually teleporting herb to herb without having to do any work.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
Its lame and a punk*ss thing to do. You don't like people to do it to you, don't do it to others.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
best is trapping opposing faction and taking the node while they watch :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Congrats, you have become the exact kind of person you yourself found utterly obnoxious. And why? For some pixels you could have easily gotten someplace else.

No, WoW won't ban you for that. You just get to look in the mirror and admit that you are no better than any other selfish jerk online.

Don't kid yourself, how you play this game says something about you as a human being. Anyone who thinks game-play doesn't reveal character is a fool.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Ok, so here is the situation in a nut shell..

If your farming ore or herbs and you are going for a node and you get jumped by NPC's and someone flys in and grabs the node while your getting ganked is that against the TOS? A grey area, or Tough nuts "its rough in the streets"?

Just wondering cause it use to happen to me all the time in Uldum with whiptail and I just passed it off as "eh, thats the nature of the game"... Well I decided today that I was gonna get me a node and saw a similar circumstance.. I swooped in an got it and the next thing I know I am getting spammed from the person fighting telling me in rather colorful detail via whisper what it is they think of me.. I made no reply cause in my experiance with the game it usually just works better that way as the person realizes its not getting them anywhere and they leave you alone.. Which the person did and then about 5 min later whispered me again and said they put a ticket in cause thats against the rules of the rules and blizzard is going to ban me.. I just clicked ignore at that point cause I highly doubt blizz would drop an account for something like that but it did get me wondering if I should have been putting in a ticket all those times or just did what I did and suck it up and look for a new node?

It is socially unacceptable, not an unlawful punishable offense. Like giving the driver next to you the middle finger because he wouldn't let you by. Is he a uncourteous jerk? Yes. Is it an offensve that can be cited? Nope.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
You're safe. He's mad because he's bad.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Allowed. I mean, I would totally never do such a thing, but yeah -- it's yours when it's in your bags and not a second before.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
If Blizz had a problem with it they wouldn't give advantages to certain types: Tauren Herbalists, Worgen Skinners, etc.

Doesn't matter if its herbs, ores or skins. If you get it first, it's yours.

I've had people snatch stuff from me, and I've done it to them.

"Working as intended."
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
You can "tag" the node during combat.

I think this is true. I was going after a node and got there at the same time as another player, who was pulling a mob behind them. I was unable to loot the node because it'd been tagged...never saw that one before. I thought it was a douche move on the other player's part, but they could have been standing close by fighting and I just didn't notice. Anyhow, I just moved on to the next one and didn't worry about it.

When this happens, it's not always a case of another player being a jerk. It could be that they just didn't see you or didn't assume that you were fighting a mob close by because you wanted that node.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
I see some people jumping all over the OP for "being a jerk" but that is the way Blizzard designed the game. The old saying, "Don't hate the player, hate the game" applies here. Many times, when I see a node I want, I fly down and start mining it immediately. Especially now with the CRZ, it sometimes takes a few seconds for all the Mobs, players and terrain to phase in. During this time, you may start harvesting the node when all of the sudden you see a player phase in that was maybe trying to get to that node. However, it is too late. Once you start harvesting, that node is yours. Used to not be that way, but blizzard fixed it a while back so the first to start harvesting the node, owns the node. Ever find a node you can not harvest? That is because someone else only partially looted that node and now no one can harvest from it until it despawns and respawns.

Also, I can not tell you how many times someone from the opposite faction will come "steal" a node I was working for, so for all you people that think it is a jerk move, it is not. It is a designed mechanic the Blizzard developers specifically built into the game. So if you want to hate on anyone, aim your frustrations at Blizzard.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
just use the special emote when they steal a node or mob:

/spit
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I'm pretty sure that this is exactly the sort of colorful and exciting encounter with another player that CRZ was designed to foster. Isn't it so much better than loneliness?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]