Question about game codes

85 Blood Elf Paladin
I have not been active on this game in quite some time, just recently I have decided to come back to World of Warcraft. My question is do I absolutely need my game codes? I can still sign in to battlenet, I have not tried game yet because I have not re activated but if I was to be hacked or have account issues would the CD key code have to be given? I have moved since I played an things got misplaced :/

Thanks
Reply Quote
MVP - Customer Support
100 Tauren Druid
No, you don't need them. If Blizzard ever needs you to prove your identity for verification or security purposes, you can always send in a copy of a government-issued photo ID. So long as the name on the ID matches the one on the account, there shouldn't be any particular problems with the process (unless there's suspicion that the ID has been compromised, but that's entirely another kettle of fish).

So long as you can log into the Account Management webpage without issue, it's fairly likely that nothing untoward happened to your account - so you should be just fine to reactivate and go.
"Shhh. My common sense is tingling." -- Wade Wilson
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Thank you for your help. Put my mind at ease on coming back :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]