Schadenfreude!

90 Night Elf Monk
When did you ever watch something horrible happen to another person and feel better about yourself?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Do you mean a conscious "I feel good about myself" thought, or more of a "Haha! Sux 2 b u" thought?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
An ex-boyfriend getting cheated on. Yeah, I'm a horrible person.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
It's the same reason people post in drama threads with /popcorn.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCQGQ5qBQTA
Reply Quote
88 Human Warrior
Hey just compare for self-assurance, not for vanity!
Edited by Lito on 10/8/2012 10:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
Nothing like the times when I feel like frost spec is weak for taking a too long to kill a five-mob pull, only to see a marks hunter get killed by two of the same mobs a moment later.
Reply Quote
10/08/2012 08:56 AMPosted by Calenleya
When did you ever watch something horrible happen to another person and feel better about yourself?

If we're all being honest here, yes. Absolutely. I had an ex boyfriend of mine a few years ago that lied to me and cheated on me. He treated me horribly. Then, he enlisted in the army, went away for a few years, and I didn't hear from him until about three years ago. He sent me a facebook message, completely unsolicited, telling me how sorry he was for the way he treated me. He went through bullet points of the things that he did wrong, and at the end of the message, he asked to take me out to dinner when he was leave, explain his side of things, etc. etc.

So, because he owned up to what he did, I absolutely granted him that second chance. I felt he had learned from his mistakes, he had apologized for them, and he was attempting to make it right, so I met him half way.

Long story short, he screwed me over again. So when the girl that he cheated on me with suddenly turned up pregnant...I admit, I had a giggle moment. He had always said he didn't want children, he didn't want to end up like his father, etc. etc. etc, and by virtue of his own actions, he ended up as the thing he hated most. The only person I felt sorry for in the entire situation was the child he had fathered. I have no idea where he is now, I haven't heard from him since I found out he was cheating on me because I cut ties immediately, even without telling him.
Reply Quote
88 Human Warrior
10/08/2012 10:06 AMPosted by Sreech
Hey just compare for self-assurance, not for vanity!

>_> B-but this one woman had like...cake-frosting for mascara...and I had just a thin coat; my eyes got compliments galore that day.

>_< I-I need help controlling the beast! SAVE ME LITO!

oh, well makeup can be fixed, people can learn. judge away lololol

Nah, I was just saying don't get caught up with judging or comparing other women by their appearance; it's an awful attitude to internalize and can become harmful to yourself too. I threw in the self-assurance thing because a lot of trans people judge themselves too harshly, and recognizing the spectrum of people out there (of their target presentation) can be helpful.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
The best revenge is living well.
Reply Quote
10/08/2012 11:13 AMPosted by Tzipara
The best revenge is living well.

Very yes.

My ex hadn't seen our sons in close to 2 years because he was "busy." Of course, busy literally meant he was too busy having fun with his new girlfriend and partying to remember he had kids until his mother kindly reminded him. When they came home to me after spending the summer with their grandparents - and consequently my ex - he flew in to drop them off to "say goodbye." I looked at him. He looked at me. He looked like an awkward ginger bobblehead doll with a beer gut and his clothes were covered in oil and smelled to high heaven. I, of course, was dressed up a bit (because I do that when I leave the house) and intending on taking the boys out to dinner.

"Wow, Kristah, you look amazing." -- His words.
"You look.. okay." -- My reply.

After that, I took the kids out and got a text from him: "I wish we had never split."

I didn't reply. Saw no need to. I felt good knowing I could still wow him and had absolutely no intention of doing so. Every so often he texts me about it. I remind him he has a responsibility aaaaaaaand then the texts stop for a week or so.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I think the only time really is when I see someone else make the same mistake I did and know I'm not alone.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
10/08/2012 10:09 AMPosted by Elesabeth
Long story short, he screwed me over again. So when the girl that he cheated on me with suddenly turned up pregnant...I admit, I had a giggle moment. He had always said he didn't want children, he didn't want to end up like his father, etc. etc. etc, and by virtue of his own actions, he ended up as the thing he hated most. The only person I felt sorry for in the entire situation was the child he had fathered. I have no idea where he is now, I haven't heard from him since I found out he was cheating on me because I cut ties immediately, even without telling him.

Legendary.

10/08/2012 09:29 AMPosted by Felthier
It's the same reason people post in drama threads with /popcorn.

You'd think people would remember this is in game stuff only :p

Also your head is ugly.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
I heard this in another thread and for some reason it really stuck with me.

"Being the bigger man is overrated."
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warrior
Of course not.

I'm perfect and I would never lie.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]