Schadenfreude!

90 Human Warlock
My bf was telling me a story just last night that totally relates to this. When he was in high school, he was sitting in his school's courtyard, eating lunch, watching some guy not too far away throwing sticks and rocks at baby ducklings. The guy got up, walked over to one of the ducklings and swung his foot back like he was going to kick it. His buddies were telling him to do it, so he swung his foot back like he was really intent on kicking this duckling which could have killed it. This other guy at another table who had a reputation for pumping iron and getting into trouble got up and punched the guy square in the face. He fell over, nose bleeding and all, and the guy proceeded to beat the snot out of him. When he was done, he just stood against the wall, waiting to be taken away by security. He told the guy to never, ever touch those ducklings again, and he never did. After he was let back into school, he sat in the courtyard and watched over the ducks, and whenever that kid and his buddies came into the courtyard, he'd watch them too, staring daggers.

As for myself, I watched one of my coworkers, who would treat me like garbage every day for no apparent reason, get fired. I'm not sure if I felt better about myself, so to speak, but she absolutely deserved what she got. Had I been the boss, I might not have fired her. I have a problem with being way too nice. Idk why. It's strange. /doormat
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
My bf was telling me a story just last night that totally relates to this. When he was in high school, he was sitting in his school's courtyard, eating lunch, watching some guy not too far away throwing sticks and rocks at baby ducklings. The guy got up, walked over to one of the ducklings and swung his foot back like he was going to kick it. His buddies were telling him to do it, so he swung his foot back like he was really intent on kicking this duckling which could have killed it. This other guy at another table who had a reputation for pumping iron and getting into trouble got up and punched the guy square in the face. He fell over, nose bleeding and all, and the guy proceeded to beat the snot out of him. When he was done, he just stood against the wall, waiting to be taken away by security. He told the guy to never, ever touch those ducklings again, and he never did. After he was let back into school, he sat in the courtyard and watched over the ducks, and whenever that kid and his buddies came into the courtyard, he'd watch them too, staring daggers.

As for myself, I watched one of my coworkers, who would treat me like garbage every day for no apparent reason, get fired. I'm not sure if I felt better about myself, so to speak, but she absolutely deserved what she got. Had I been the boss, I might not have fired her. I have a problem with being way too nice. Idk why. It's strange. /doormat

He must have really loved ducks.
Reply Quote
80 Human Paladin
Madelynne finally getting banned from the forums is a really relevant example.
Reply Quote
10/08/2012 06:49 PMPosted by Norval
Madelynne finally getting banned from the forums is a really relevant example.
/thread
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
He'll be back. Oh heee'lllll be back.
Reply Quote
When he buys another account for forum posting?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I kept my ex on fb for a long time just to revel at every bad thing that happened to him. Vehicle break ins (more than once), trouble with women (more than twice), etc. Each time, it was a good day. lol
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Mage
10/08/2012 02:01 PMPosted by Convallaria

This is possibly one of the most awesome and inspiring things I've read in awhile, as well as one of the funniest.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
I'm still waiting for my revenge.

It's best served cold.
Reply Quote

It's best served cold.
...but chili is served hot.
Reply Quote
95 Draenei Paladin

It's best served cold.

Hot sauce doesn't even need a specific temperature....
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
dangit y'all you're making me look silly!!!

DON'T YOU SEE MY SERIOUS STARE
Reply Quote
61 Human Death Knight
>In Geometry Honors. 31 people. Class size amendment says we need 25. 6 must go. Lowest test scores get kicked out and sent to normal.

>People get kicked out in the middle of class today.

>Chick says in her ebonic accent "You are the weakest link" and z-snaps

>Teacher starts laughing

>We all start laughing as people exit the portable

yea.
Reply Quote
95 Draenei Paladin

Your eyes are far too squinty to be taken seriously.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk

Your eyes are far too squinty to be taken seriously.

Soli needs to shave
Reply Quote
95 Draenei Paladin
10/08/2012 08:59 PMPosted by Zhouliang
Soli needs to shave

As soon as that beard is trimmed. I see gnats growing in it!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
10/08/2012 09:11 PMPosted by Solinii
Soli needs to shave

As soon as that beard is trimmed. I see gnats growing in it!

I still don't see why I should shave.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk

Faith in Humanity: Restored with backups.

I'm not sure if I felt better about myself, so to speak, but she absolutely deserved what she got. Had I been the boss, I might not have fired her. I have a problem with being way too nice.

That's partially the meaning of the word. It also means people getting their "just desserts" in a sense.
Reply Quote
95 Draenei Paladin
10/08/2012 09:24 PMPosted by Zhouliang

The same reason man must give up his primal urges and become more civilized.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
10/08/2012 09:28 PMPosted by Solinii

The same reason man must give up his primal urges and become more civilized.

And that would be?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]