Enhance is terrible

We deal the burst of classes such as DKs, ret pallys, and hunters and feral druids and mages and really any other class you can possibly name in the game at the moment, when we have Ascendence poped, fire ele poped, and wolves poped, soooooo I have to wait 5 min durations in order to feel like I'm a competitive class in this game, other than that we have absolute no "lol okay im gonna use this cd and not die while my healer is cc'd" while warriors have 3, possibly 4 if you wanna stretch having a 6+ sec stun lock

Fix the shiz cause its reallllly pissing me off. EVERY SINGLE expan I hold on thinking Blizz will do something to make us feel like we contribute, and every season enhance is horrible, !@#$ I don't care about beastcleave. We popped wolves and lust and said "PWEAZE CARRY ME HUNTER ^.^".

My lava lash is critting for 40k on people, its a 10 sec cd I have to wait for 5 stacks of searing totem in orde to apply, THATS MY BIGGEST CRIT on a 10 sec cd, everything else is 15k crits and 33k total dmg crit from Stormstrike on a 8 sec cd. While I have DKs spaming oblits for 50k crits on me, (NOT A 10 SEC CD for them), then spamming froststrikes for 20k non crits, and howling blasts for 19k non crits...... I'm only speaking of DKs because that was currently my last arena that enfuriated me to the fact I COULDNT EVEN MAKE HIS PALLY HEALER USE A LICK OF MANA O_O. Even with CCs and cyclones and roots in place then me Solar beaming him, he pops out, and clicks two insta.. BOOM Dk back to full 326k hp and the healer went from 300k mana to 295k mana XD - _ -.

Again.... EFF THIS STUPID GAME. I was almost 1750 two nights ago and now arena after arena that glipse is fading away quickly...

Ohhhhh and one for thing... EFF BM HUNTERS!!! WTF IS THAT SHIZ ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!??
Reply Quote
Not to mention, unleash elements, a 15 sec cd. hits for 2k and 3k on for a total of 5k dmg xD good dps cd is good - _ -
Reply Quote
ok now its come to my attention... THE ONLY DPS CD that frost dks pop is Pillar of frost for 20% strg increase... soooooo that means their dmg is SUPER BUFFED ALL THE TIME, just for rolling a class that is superior to others.... cool. While they out dmg me when I have fire ele, ascendance and wolves poped, wolves a 2 min cd, ascendance a 3 min cd, and fire ele a 5 min cd
Reply Quote
Enhance is fine. If BM, Warriors & Mages weren't so over-the-top we'd be one of the better specs.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Would you say its turrable?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Enhance is going to be top tier once the fotm classes get nerfed.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
10/08/2012 01:55 PMPosted by Calgresh
My lava lash is critting for 40k on people, its a 10 sec cd I have to wait for 5 stacks of searing totem in orde to apply, THATS MY BIGGEST CRIT on a 10 sec cd, everything else is 15k crits and 33k total dmg crit from Stormstrike on a 8 sec cd.

well see pvp has changed... pvp power is big.. is it as big as agi? in certain situations maybe. If you are critting for 40k with lava lash 5 stack ur doing it wrong. as well as 33k total crit from stromstrike?? also doing it wrong.

My numbers are getting anywhere from 25-35k hits and 40+ crits. of course it does depend on resil of others.

if you are talking BGs enh can be quite viable... but since people remember us for our Cata showing they are not going to warm up to us until we squeeze into a low mmr and do some owning.

the way i see your talents set up is you are taking a passive roll enh approach. more going for the sustainability of you and your buddies.

ditch echo of ele and get elemental mastery. it is a free lust.

ditch conductivity and get either one of the other talents. i like ancestral guidance because i can full heal me and 2 other buddies when popping dps cooldowns.

get rid of unleash fury and go elemental blast. 30k hits 60k crits. easy.

some advice from someone who is currently enjoying enhance atm. :)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Play with a warrior or hunter. Problem solved.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
ditch echo of ele and get elemental mastery. it is a free lust.

ditch conductivity and get either one of the other talents. i like ancestral guidance because i can full heal me and 2 other buddies when popping dps cooldowns.

get rid of unleash fury and go elemental blast. 30k hits 60k crits. easy.

^ This.
Switched from Echo and UF to Elemental Mastery and Elemental Blast. Big difference. Having a lot of fun critting people with EB for >70k.
EM + Ascendance and Stormlash = GG.

10/08/2012 03:43 PMPosted by Vesthis
Play with a warrior or hunter. Problem solved.

Nice logic which can be said for any other class.
"To be effective you have to play with an OP class"
Just... stop.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Req
I'm using Echo and Unleash Fury and not having any issues outputting damage. My main issue is simply surviving the OP fotm class burst. Popping both sham rage and astral shift and still getting hammered in a matter of seconds.

If I'm able to survive long enough to get dps cooldowns rolling and ancestral guidance then things are better for a while, but a lot of time its a struggle to get all those off before getting blown up.

I've been a enhance fan / player for years, but I'm just tired of the current state of the fotm classes. Leveling my war now to be my main until this gets fixed.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Req
I should clarify. My issue is being burst down while being CC'd like mad (chain stuns, etc). When going straight burst vs burst I don't have an issue vs BM or Arms. The issue is you're getting burst while chained stunned making it very difficult to fight back.

Meanwhile we have cap totem and that's it. Not going to go into all the problems with making cap totem work well, glyph, talent, timing, etc.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Req
Also... the fotm classes talents actually seem to work. Unlike Totemic Restoration which _still_ only works half the time. This has been bugged in beta long ago...
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Req
One last thing :)

Those taking Elemental Blast and Elemental Mastery, how are you managing with self-heals? Pretty much every one of my malestorm stacks goes to either a heal or insta-hex. Rarely do me or my partner not need the free instant heal.

And with Echo's 30% proc rate + healing storm its not uncommon to get 130k+ healing surges.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Echo is a must. If im not mistaken it can double proc all your damage while in Ascendance. Also its amazing for heals.

Unleashed fury is also a must for Ascendance. The Windfury portion is pretty damn good when you need burst. Get 14kLigthining shield crits back to back is amazing when bursting.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
well healing rain got a big buff. it can crit for 20k a tick so i really dont have a problem with healing... if i am not caught up i pop ascendance elemental mastery and ancestral guidance and am good again.

those are are saying echo over elemental mastery are forgetting that haste is everything while in ascendance... +30% haste is about 4-6 more swings of 30k damage swings... much better than a 45% chance at 8-12k lightning shield hits...

as for unleash fury over echo of elementals, well in pvp ranged is everything... over that 8 seconds that unleash fury is up it cannot equal the 30k damage 12 sec CD of ele blast... ele blast can easily be used every 12 sec with MW procs. they come a dime a dozen.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Ok so you are complaining about the following classes having more DPS than you:

DKs (frost I assume). Yeah they're pretty good. Decent DPS with good burst. I'd say they're better off than most other classes when it comes to sustained and burst DPS. Keep in mind that DKs have low mobility which is countered by their higher damage due to lower uptime. You going toe-toe with a DK is playing to their strength.

Ret Paladins. Decent burst and ok sustained if you can stay on target. With lucky Divine Purpose proccs we can dish out a considerable amount of dmg. I'd say ret is a pretty good example of where other classes should be in terms of DPS. Nerf the offhealing tho.

Hunters. Yeah there are a few threads around about hunters at the moment. The nerf bat is coming. I assume you're talking about BM btw.

Feral druids. I actually haven't come across a decent one. I have however been spanked by a resto druid in cat form. The scaling there is a little off. The thing I hate most about druids is when they give cyclone to a Priest with Symbiosis.

Lastly Mages. Strong burst and sustained dps. Definitely on the strong side in comparison to other classes but not overly stupid. Some abilities like Deep Freeze are a bit broken with Fire.

So you've listed mostly strong performing specs/classes above. How do you feel when you come across one of these:

Assassination Rogue
Combat Rogue
Subtelty Rogue
Windwalker Monk
Fury warrior
Elemental Shaman
Affliction Warlock
Priests

This maybe asking for a lot but try to be objective about this and look at the bigger picture.
On the likely chance that you can't just keep in mind, it could be worse.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I will trade your 5 minute burst window for my burst...
Reply Quote
I think I'll third Okay and Regentlord. Once warriors, mages, and BM hunters get nerfed enhancement is going to be pretty damn good.
Edited by Hubrix on 10/15/2012 4:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Thank you =D. I seriously never thought about it like that. along with all your other posts in the thread. I mean I gave elemental blast a short go but figured the frostbrand speed increases were a good tool to have xD. I'ma give this a go and see how it is, and rofl I actually entirely forgot how elemental mastery got reworked XD. Haven't touched Elemental spec since BC haha.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]