Charge jumping is needed

Otherwise warriors have 100% up time and it's impossible to kite them with their stuns and silences.
Reply Quote
I fell out of my chair laughing at this.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
10/08/2012 02:13 PMPosted by Novâ

I heavily doubt you did
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
10/08/2012 02:15 PMPosted by Syfix

I heavily doubt you did

owned
Reply Quote
10/08/2012 02:15 PMPosted by Syfix

I heavily doubt you did
I did.

I have been playing with the same warrior now that I met at the beginning of season 11 and I remembered his rants about charge jumping.

10/08/2012 02:15 PMPosted by Vesthis
owned
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Woe
Charge jumping was a bull!@#$ way to "outplay" somebody.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
charge jumping makes no sense though. I'm sorry, if you're 'stunned', you effectively lose momentum in a forward momentum. You would get knocked to the ground. It's also very stupid if you freeze as I get close. You're in my charge stun, but I'm frozen as I get to you and can't actually hit you for any of it.

Basically, you can get rid of uptime, but don't do it by instituting what is effectively a bug. Think of it this way, monsieur druid. Go kitty form. Now feral leap. However, after this leap, you're caught in a freeze and the person is out of melee range. Frustrating, due to the waste of your free ravage, right? Precisely.

Honestly? Our uptime isn't even the problem, especially with how bad our rage generation is. It's our one shot macro that is nasty, as most other classes can match it, but at *least* require set up. Outlast avatar, make him waste his 45 second leap and charges, and he's literally not going to catch you again for 20 seconds at the minimum.

Seriously though. Don't bring back that horrible bug. We already are STILL struggling with No Path Available on leap, sometimes not even up ramps (we can't leap onto a pillar in ring of valor, even if it's not raised).
Reply Quote
Warriors are dumb now we all agree that but making a mechanic that took FOREVER to fix broken again is not the answer.

It's like saying "make blink make the mage fall through the world again to balance them"
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
lol at all the OP classes discussing how it wouldn't be fair to make them not OP.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I still charge jump out of habit. Warriors probably get a good laugh out of it.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
While we're at it, let's make vanish randomly break and break on a single point of damage again too.

We can make pummels occasionally not hit for some random RNG reason, because hey, why not?

10/08/2012 03:01 PMPosted by Rihard
I still charge jump out of habit. Warriors probably get a good laugh out of it.

I do get a small bit of amusement when mages/druids/whatever go running and spam jump, then flop to the ground in place when I charge like a dead fish XD. NO CHARGE JUMP FOR JOO

The downside to that is I've seen disengage and heroic leap fail if you get hit by a charge at just the right moment, in that it looks like they go off but you don't go anywhere.
Edited by Grux on 10/8/2012 3:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/08/2012 02:56 PMPosted by Radioface
lol at all the OP classes discussing how it wouldn't be fair to make them not OP.

It's not fair to purposely break a mechanic that has nothing to do with the real problem of the class which is stacking multiple dps CDs on top of each other to one shot people.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
While we're at it, let's make vanish randomly break and break on a single point of damage again too.

We can make pummels occasionally not hit for some random RNG reason, because hey, why not?

Nice deflection. But, Rogues are dead.

Also, vanish SHOULD break on a single point of damage. If cloak isnt used properly, there should be consequences.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
10/08/2012 03:05 PMPosted by Xiun

It's not fair to purposely break a mechanic that has nothing to do with the real problem of the class which is stacking multiple dps CDs on top of each other to one shot people.

I'm not agreeing with charge jumping. I do agree with removing blanket silences, though.
Reply Quote

I'm not agreeing with charge jumping. I do agree with removing blanket silences, though.

So you're fine with removing strangulate?

Also on rogue vanish- 4 sec immunity was stupid regardless where rogues are now. should have given them a .5 or 1 sec immunity to bypass weapong swing lag/cast travel time so vanish could "work" but not let it be a free opener.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/08/2012 02:29 PMPosted by Raventhor
charge jumping makes no sense though. I'm sorry, if you're 'stunned', you effectively lose momentum in a forward momentum. You would get knocked to the ground. It's also very stupid if you freeze as I get close. You're in my charge stun, but I'm frozen as I get to you and can't actually hit you for any of it.

Read a physics book.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight

So you're fine with removing strangulate?

Also on rogue vanish- 4 sec immunity was stupid regardless where rogues are now. should have given them a .5 or 1 sec immunity to bypass weapong swing lag/cast travel time so vanish could "work" but not let it be a free opener.

Nah were just talking about overpowered crap like counterpspell and gag order.
Not something with a 2(1)minute cooldown.
Reply Quote
10/08/2012 03:35 PMPosted by Laina
Nah were just talking about overpowered crap like counterpspell and gag order.

Oh, so death grip, AMS, mind freeze, gnaw isn't enough for you, you need a 5/7 sec blanket silence as well?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]