spirits of harmony BOA

90 Night Elf Warrior
Simple put, I believe the spirits of harmony should be bind on account rather than character specific. I see the reason to why they are not tradable to get people out into the world but you are punishing people that have multiple professions on multiple characters. Example ; on my main I have 15 soh and now have a 2nd toon maxed with another maxed profession and now I have to adventure around the world with my alt instead of my main just to pick these up.

I applaud you blizz for all the integration of account wide features but I feel this is a bit of an overlook and should be part of the account wide access. Please consider this and thank you for a wonderful expac
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Dead issue, already mentioned a few billion times.

They either will, or they won't.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
I can't believe that the expansion has been out for two weeks and nobody else posted about this before you.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
In a nut shell, you are making a decision to play more than one character, Blizz's position is you want the SoH's, you earn them on the character you're playing at the time and you're free to do whatever you want with them through crafting or whatever you feel like.

You desire an easy way out.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
In a nut shell, you are making a decision to play more than one character, Blizz's position is you want the SoH's, you earn them on the character you're playing at the time and you're free to do whatever you want with them through crafting or whatever you feel like.

Grow up Peter Pan and understand the issue . Why all the changes to have all mounts, cheves, and pets account wide? Because it's your play time that matters and not which character that matters. This with the bop spirits is the same exact thing.

It's not an easy way out , it's common sense and your quote is ignorant to assume anything about someones play style
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/09/2012 05:26 AMPosted by Morghose
I see the reason to why they are not tradable to get people out into the world

this is one part of the other reason, the other is to give advantage to characters that are being played.

10/09/2012 05:26 AMPosted by Morghose
punishing people that have multiple professions on multiple characters.

people really need to learn what punish means. why are you being punished for multiple professions? Why isn't it that people playing the char with the professions are being rewarded?

Not receiving a reward is not being punished.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I don't think multi crafters are being either rewarded or punished. Can't call weak crafting recipes much of a reward or "advantage" for a players efforts in leveling their profs. To me its simple, asking players to spend weeks farming BoP items on several characters so they can craft is ridiculous. I understand the desire to limit these items from the AH at the start of an expansion, and if that is the true intent then BoA would be the reasonable option.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
people really need to learn what punish means. why are you being punished for multiple professions? Why isn't it that people playing the char with the professions are being rewarded?

Not receiving a reward is not being punished.

So "bring the player, not the class" but "reward the character, not the player"?

And if not punished, what exactly would you call being not rewarded?

I've got SoH on other characters that I'd love to turn into Golden Lotus, or use for my Blingtron 4000, or to make mist-piercing goggles, or shuffle around to the characters that can make the best use of them. Instead I can forego making the things I want on my 90 to get my alchemist the golden lotus he needs. It sure sounds like punishment to me.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
10/09/2012 05:28 AMPosted by Kybeorie
Dead issue, already mentioned a few billion times.

That's how it's been since Primal Nethers were introduced for crafting of high level items in TBC. Those were made no longer BoP about a year later.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior

Grow up Peter Pan and understand the issue . Why all the changes to have all mounts, cheves, and pets account wide? Because it's your play time that matters and not which character that matters. This with the bop spirits is the same exact thing.

It's not an easy way out , it's common sense and your quote is ignorant to assume anything about someones play style

So using your logic, Blizzard has no common sense for setting it up like this and you are QQing because you have to play more than one character. As I see it, you and all the others want the easy way out.

It comes down to this, either Blizzard will change it or leave it as is. Either you will be happy or will continue to cry over spilled milk.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/09/2012 02:21 PMPosted by Mozzerella
i call it nothing.

if you walk down the street, and the police dont throw you in jail. do you consider that a reward?

If the person in front of you at mcdonalds is their 1trillionth customer and gets their meal free are you being punished?

things that happen to a person break into more categories than just reward and punishment. although we are raising a generation of people that believe showing up is deserving of a reward.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Do not want. I need the barriers of entry to stay up on crafting.
Edited by Hatsune on 10/9/2012 8:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/09/2012 05:28 AMPosted by Keeblik
I can't believe that the expansion has been out for two weeks and nobody else posted about this before you.

God, I can't stand replies like this. You do realize that not everybody reads the forums all the time? Not everyone keeps up to date with every single issue in the game to know whether it has been talked about or not? Jesus, if you see a thread that has been talked about a lot already, how bout you just skip it instead of gracing us with your incredible wit.

You know what's worse than dead horse threads? The same tired, snarky, comments about how much you are all subjected to the same threads again, and again.
Edited by Boil on 10/9/2012 8:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
10/09/2012 06:29 PMPosted by Zachfu
i call it nothing.

if you walk down the street, and the police dont throw you in jail. do you consider that a reward?

If the person in front of you at mcdonalds is their 1trillionth customer and gets their meal free are you being punished?

things that happen to a person break into more categories than just reward and punishment. although we are raising a generation of people that believe showing up is deserving of a reward.

Your examples are irrelevant. I am still putting the time into the game, whether it is on this or any of my other characters. When ~I~ gather a spirit of harmony, ~I~ should be able to use it how I want. I gathered it, it is mine, and if I want to send it to my tailor or blacksmith or whatever, I should be able to. Each of my characters represents my time in game. They aren't separate entities, they don't all exist in a vacuum all alone. If I wanted them to all be completely independent, I'd roll on different servers.

At this point, the best use of SoH is to trade them all for golden lotus, sell it on the AH, then buy whatever it is that I should have been able to make, but can't because I am not allowed to have the materials.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
I have multiple professions, obviously spread across a lot of characters. Professions require materials, so one of my highest level characters is my gatherer.

She is a pure gatherer, so no outlet for the SoH other than the vendor. She has more SoH than all of my other characters put together.

I would dearly love it if I could share this resource between my characters.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
10/09/2012 05:28 AMPosted by Keeblik

LOL.....you are funny
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
10/09/2012 08:40 PMPosted by Boil

God, I can't stand replies like this. You do realize that not everybody reads the forums all the time? Not everyone keeps up to date with every single issue in the game to know whether it has been talked about or not? Jesus, if you see a thread that has been talked about a lot already, how bout you just skip it instead of gracing us with your incredible wit.

You know what's worse than dead horse threads? The same tired, snarky, comments about how much you are all subjected to the same threads again, and again.

Because of course using the search feature is so difficult, even if you haven't been on the forums much, right?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
I have multiple professions, obviously spread across a lot of characters. Professions require materials, so one of my highest level characters is my gatherer.

She is a pure gatherer, so no outlet for the SoH other than the vendor. She has more SoH than all of my other characters put together.

I would dearly love it if I could share this resource between my characters.
This and this right here. Not to mention My blacksmith is a holy pally and I really do not like playing ret at all, so the fact that she can't endlessly farm spirits means she can't finish leveling BS... And yet I have a bunch of wasted spirits on my gatherer. :/
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
10/23/2012 11:22 AMPosted by Tokurei
she can't finish leveling BS

I got to 600 second day of expac without a spirit. The plans stay green till 600.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

So "bring the player, not the class" but "reward the character, not the player"?

Epic and most succinct description of the issue with BoP Motes and Spirits of Harmony.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]