Did you guys make us !@#$ty in pvp on purpose

90 Pandaren Monk
Seriously... talk about not even remotely viable in a pvp setting. You need chi to protect yourself, chi to do attacks that actually hit harder than a wet noodle, and even then, the damage is pretty much irrelevant. You have made quite possibly the least viable pvp class in the history of this game. Good job blizzard...
Reply Quote
I am never remotely viable:)
Reply Quote
75 Goblin Rogue
Did you guys make us !@#$ty in pvp on purpose

Yes, probably. They likely wanted to avoid a repeat of Season 5 DKs, so were very conservative with the numbers on the new class. Then, instead of nerf after nerf, they'll buff the class over the course of the expansion to get it to where it needs to be.

Well, maybe.
Edited by Akeno on 10/9/2012 10:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
OF couse, we are monks, kinda part ninja. They start us off crappy that way OUT OF NOWHERE we are like KIPOW buffed!
Reply Quote
when 5.1 comes along I have no doubt in the following
warriors=nerf
monks=buff
holy pallies=buff
rogues=buff
Things Im hoping for
warriors=nerf
monks=buff
mage=nerf
all CC=nerf
Reply Quote
80 Human Priest
There is going to be a patch before 5.1 They won't allow some of these OP specs to stay this way for long.

The problem with monks especially for windwalkers is the perception is running through the player base that the spec is weak, and not very good. That creates all types of problems because even after buffs peeps will think your spec is bad because of past bad experiences.

It would be a major mistake to allow the spec to stay this bad all the way until release of 5.1. I expect them to do something soon.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Yes, probably. They likely wanted to avoid a repeat of Season 5 DKs,

^^^^^

I imagine after that fiasco, they were not keen on repeating it.
Reply Quote
86 Human Monk
Can I has your levels pleze? Seriously though, if you don't like Pvp for monks, play another class or don't Pvp; whining will get you no where. On the other hand, if you have a specific, valid point(s) to bring to the table to try to fix with backup as to why they need fixing, that might be taken more seriously. Just sayin.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Honestly windwalker pvp isnt really that horrible. It just not face roll. I mean not many classes survive my burst and it sucks to get hit by leg sweep, then FoF for about 80k for the whole 5 sec then to get a rsk to the face for 70k+. Im lovin my monk in pvp. The roll system needs work because you have to get used to making up for the over shot.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I see major buffs coming to windwalker and small nerfs to the mistweaver, keeping our dps in its current position is just ... yuck. You get kited all day even with gloves and FoF sure is hell to land, you usually save it for a stationary target (who stays stationary with melee on them anyways)
Reply Quote
1 Undead Rogue
10/09/2012 07:15 PMPosted by Slopfu
I see major buffs coming to windwalker and small nerfs to the mistweaver, keeping our dps in its current position is just ... yuck. You get kited all day even with gloves and FoF sure is hell to land, you usually save it for a stationary target (who stays stationary with melee on them anyways)

Major major major buffs.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Dks use to suck in the begining fo a expansion to =/(lolz)
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
10/10/2012 11:25 AMPosted by Razielknight
Dks use to suck in the begining fo a expansion to =/(lolz)

Aw and here I was hoping for a repeat of s5 :P honestly that is why we are so under-powered in pvp they have even admitted as much its to prevent another dk situation
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]