The Actual Truth about BM

90 Human Hunter
Hey everyone, yes I mean everyone, because lately I've seen every class QQ'ing on our forums.

I'm hoping I can clarify things up a bit here.

Let's start off with the whole BM = OP thing going on.
Yes, we are OP, but let's get into the details shall we. (If you're one of those Hunters claiming we're not then please don't comment, because your stupidity is not needed here)
Hunters in general are NOT OP, it's our pets...they're hitting like trucks and it's ridiculous. I've had my spirit beast crit for over 100k+ several times.

What I'm worried about is Blizzard reading all these posts and nerfing us to the ground, what we don't deserve, we don't need nerfs to our normal shots: Cobra, Arcane etc.
Kill Command, pet's auto attacks, pet's damage under Bestial Wrath, Lynx Rush, Blink Strike THAT is what needs to be fixed, and soon.

So please, if there are any sensible players out there that are left, understand where all these hunters are coming from. We've been at the bottom for such a long time, and we're finally able to get some "revenge" but I think it's getting out of hand now. Please fix this. I want to play MM again, and actually have fun playing my Hunter.
The first few days were amazing, but now it's just...send pet in...one kill command...profit. Not fun. Not entertaining. Not the way it's supposed to be.

Thought I'd put my 2 cents in here. Feel free to bash, complain, comment whatever.
Edited by Shootitup on 10/9/2012 3:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Hunters are broken worse than I've ever seen them in my 7 years of WoW. We have insane burst, in ONE spec, on a 5 minute cooldown.

That's far from "OP".

It's broken.

Gone are the days when a skilled MM hunter could pick apart even the best classes, no longer can we blow someone up with a well placed LnL proc. 2 of our specs are darn near worthless, and BM is a joke as it sits.

I'll be leveling my warrior, I wish you die hards the best of luck. I just don't have any FUN playing my hunter anymore, and that's a shame.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Hunters are broken worse than I've ever seen them in my 7 years of WoW. We have insane burst, in ONE spec, on a 5 minute cooldown.

That's far from "OP".

It's broken.

Gone are the days when a skilled MM hunter could pick apart even the best classes, no longer can we blow someone up with a well placed LnL proc. 2 of our specs are darn near worthless, and BM is a joke as it sits.

I'll be leveling my warrior, I wish you die hards the best of luck. I just don't have any FUN playing my hunter anymore, and that's a shame.

I know man...it just seems like a "robot" spec now.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
You sir have been fed misinformation. All of those things do not need nerfs - why would you nerf kill shot, for example. Why do you MM hunters want to decimate the entire BM spec? Can't they just ask for a buff to their spec instead?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
So, you're saying only MM hunters should be strong in pvp? Duly noted.

Apparently when a spec they don't like is strong/useful, it needs to be nerfed so the spec of their choice is better.

Frankly, especially in pve, Stampede is horribly bugged.

And it's not as if other classes aren't absurdly strong right now. People are still crafting pvp gear, getting a feel for talents and slowly gearing up.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I'm GLAD BM is back ontop for pve, the problem is pvp.. like usual.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy pvp on the side, but ONLY on the side.

In PvE all three hunter specs according to noxxic (if that's reliable..) are all of a matter of a few thousand dps difference from eachother and LOWEST dps out of ALL classes displayed there.

If anyone is going to bawl and nerf hunters at ALL.. it's going to nerf them to an unviable status in raids.

The sims noxxic claims to use are in ideal situations using T14 gear sets.. and everyone else (save shaman) is WELL over 100k dps, hunters around 85k.. ish...

If someone has anything more recent to show me a different number set to go by, then I'd be happy to see it. Right now, I feel little interest in my hunter knowing I'd be bottom of the barrel in pve and hold the group back based on those figures. -.-;
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
10/09/2012 04:53 PMPosted by Eponine
He said, "I want to play MM again," which is pretty hard to miscontrue as "MM should be the only viable spec."

But I don't want to play MM, ever again. I want MM to be forgotten, forever.

Simple Solution
Buff Surv for PvP
Buff BM substained for PvE
Nerf BM burst for PvP
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/09/2012 06:01 PMPosted by Eponine

And...? You think your opinion is the only one that matters, apparently.

Newflash: it isn't.

Hey.. I hate surv and MM and am happy as hell that BM is back up top again, but I don't think it should be all 'no other spec is viable' because looking at sites I've dug up like noxxic (if it's reliable or not, feel free to voice up on that) show each spec doing roughly the same dps in pve settings...

This mess is going to ruin pve for the only spec I care to play on my hunter ><;
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
As a hunter I too have a problem with this Stampede business. After using it and single handedly winning the match for my team, I pop Readiness and it doesn't come back up. I feel this is a real problem.#FirstWorldOfWarcraftProblems
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Well pvp fixes usually works like this: lol what fixes?
Edited by Zarold on 10/9/2012 9:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
10/09/2012 05:40 PMPosted by Emberfrost
He said, "I want to play MM again," which is pretty hard to miscontrue as "MM should be the only viable spec."

Simple Solution
Buff Surv for PvP
Buff BM substained for PvE
Nerf BM burst for PvP

Unfortunately MM is the ideal (and preferred) spec for High Rated Arenas. Not this season of course, but the majority cannot be wrong. Did you play as a BM Hunter in Cata? How well did you do? MM allows more CC, stronger sustained Dps and more control.

BM is a risk, we can only depend on our burst and if our pet dies, it's GG. Nothing wrong with BM, i'm not hating on it, i just don't want it to be a Faceroll spec, i would love it if Blizz would balance all the specs so we wouldn't have to choose. In a perfect world i would be able to choose whether i want to Pvp with SV, MM or BM, same with Pve.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
I'm just going to post the same message in every single thread I see like this, because this thread shows up every hour.

BM isn't out of control. Our burst when we push our "I WIN" button is out of control, combined with the fact that some pets seem to be ignoring player resilience and are hitting much harder than they should be because of it.
BW + Lynx + Stampede -> Readiness -> BW + Lynx = Dead Everyone

Stampede's damage is fine. Each pet only does 25% damage of the main pet, so it's really only like having two pets. There are so many ways to avoid stampede's damage completely though. Have an AoE fear? Use it, then move away from the pets. By the time they're back on you, they'll be almost despawned. Have an AoE CC? Use it. Ice Block? Vanish? Feign Death into Deterrence followed by kiting with Ice Trap? Etc, etc. Stampede is made out to be much more OP than is actually is because of the resilience issues right now.

LR and BS will be fine when the resilience issue is fixed. LRs damage is easily negated by staying grouped up. If we're talking about 3v3s, LR divided against 3 players is pretty negligible.

If you can manage to survive for TWENTY seconds, we're useless. BM has ALWAYS been a burst spec, and now isn't any different.

I think that BM getting Readiness was definitely a mistake, but I'm loathe to suggest taking it away, because all hunters are already not doing very well in PvE.

If you're referring to PvE, BM is definitely not in any need of a nerf.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
I love BM since I started playing wow in Cata, not a fan of MM or SV at all.

But it would be nice if BM gets a but of a rework and Mm buffed a bit
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]