Remove blood worm talent or glyph please!!!!

90 Human Death Knight
We used to be able to spec out of bloodworms when customizing your character was actually fun and wasn't catered to a 5 year old audience, but now we can't and it becomes very frustrating during certain mechanics (mainly mind controls) and prevents us from doing many old world bosses or just makes them needlessly annoying. It would be great if bloodworms became a talent or if a minor glyph was just added that simply prevented bloodworms from ever spawning.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Blood DKs weren't built to solo old content, they were built to be tanks. There's nothing wrong with Bloodworms.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Then take old content out of the game if it's not meant to be done
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
10/09/2012 07:22 PMPosted by Shenanigen
Then take old content out of the game if it's not meant to be done

The hell kind of logic is that? If you can't solo it, you bring FRIENDS. That -IS- the point of an MMO you know.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
The point is people have had problems with bloodworms from day 1 and Blizzard has yet to address this - also what if I'm antisocial huh?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
10/09/2012 07:24 PMPosted by Shenanigen
The point is people have had problems with bloodworms from day 1

No. They haven't. People who roll Blood and expect to be juggernauts of old content have a problem with Bloodworms for messing up boss mechanics that were NEVER meant to be solo'd.

what if I'm antisocial huh?

Then go play Skyrim.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I don't see why you have such a problem with something that would never affect you if you chose for it not to. I was joking about the antisocial thing the thing is that many other classes can solo old content because they don't have pets or pet spawns and this class used to be that way. Not sure why they had to force talents on people.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
what if I'm antisocial huh?

Then go play Skyrim.

I have over 400 hours logged in skyrim.
Edited by Shenanigen on 10/9/2012 7:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
10/09/2012 07:42 PMPosted by Shenanigen

Then go play Skyrim.

I have over 400 hours logged in skyrim.

You should go outside more often.....
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I solo old content, now and again.
You know what I do when I can't solo a boss due to mechanics? Nothing. I go somewhere else.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
i dont get the problem, someone explain please
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
10/10/2012 03:42 PMPosted by Diseasymode
i dont get the problem, someone explain please

If a mob doesn't have any opponents on its threat table (e.g. attacking it or healing someone who is attacking it), it resets itself.

If you get mind-controlled, you're considered friendly. Therefore, if you're the only person on a mob's threat table and it mind controls you, there are no hostile opponents left, so it resets itself.

Because of this, mobs are coded specifically to not to cast Mind Control unless there is more than 1 target on the threat table. Having bloodworms introduces multiple targets on the threat table, so mobs will cast Mind Control on you, which turns you and your bloodworms friendly to the mob (i.e. removing you and them from the threat table), which resets the encounter.

edit: I would like to point out that I don't view this as a problem. If Blizzard gives a mob the ability to Mind Control, then, by virtue of that fact, it is intended that several players be present due to the threat table behavior. Otherwise, it would not have that ability in its arsenal.
Edited by Euliat on 10/10/2012 4:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Is this about TK?

It's very easy to solo as frost.
Edited by Ohgodfleas on 10/10/2012 6:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
SoF
Use another spec then. Press N, click spec, click activate. Viola!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Is this about TK?

It's very easy to solo as frost.

it is also very easy as blood, i never have a problem with worms.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]