Zen Flight - There's more to it than you know

90 Human Monk
Hey guys,

Many of us know of the wonderful things you can do with Zen Flight, I also discovered some fun uses for Zen Flight, Enjoy!

Zen Flight is a minor Glyph for the Monk Class.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrbGRnHLytI&hd=1
Reply Quote
This looks interesting...

Do you know if you can cast Soothing Mists while riding on the cloud as well? And can it be cast in Dungeons?
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Priest
It's not a mount. It doesn't have mount speed.
Reply Quote
The Zen Flight doesn't move at typical mount speed... actually by the QQ'ers its moving at below the level 20 mount speed. It does allow for vertical movement ... but when you think about Vash'ir its not something even remotely new.

Druids and Shamans have an instant cast "travel" they can utilize this really isn't much different. Considering that the majority of Monk attacks mean that they need to be in melee range its not that much of an advantage.

Even if there needs to be a "nerf" done to it .. .they can make it so that when you are flagged for PvP you are limited to a maximum height equal to that of Levitation... that would be reasonable and fair.

As for impact on the PvE world... having a movement that allows three dimensions is not game breaking and should not be impacted upon. Especially when you take into account that it isn't moving at any speed of note.
Reply Quote
94 Pandaren Monk
The Zen Flight doesn't move at typical mount speed... actually by the QQ'ers its moving at below the level 20 mount speed. It does allow for vertical movement ... but when you think about Vash'ir its not something even remotely new.

Druids and Shamans have an instant cast "travel" they can utilize this really isn't much different. Considering that the majority of Monk attacks mean that they need to be in melee range its not that much of an advantage.

Even if there needs to be a "nerf" done to it .. .they can make it so that when you are flagged for PvP you are limited to a maximum height equal to that of Levitation... that would be reasonable and fair.

As for impact on the PvE world... having a movement that allows three dimensions is not game breaking and should not be impacted upon. Especially when you take into account that it isn't moving at any speed of note.

It's also worth noting that it cannot be cast while in combat.

It's really a bit of a mix between a Druid's travel and flight forms.

It is an instant cast that allows us to fly, but it's not really viable as a true mount. The movement speed increase is minimal. (Increase of 60%)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/10/2012 06:05 AMPosted by Zummi
Considering that the majority of Monk attacks mean that they need to be in melee range its not that much of an advantage.

You are not meant to be able to attack while mounted. It doesn't matter if you have the ranged attack power of a T-Rex pitching in a baseball game.

It's good to see a video demonstrating the uselessness of the glyph though.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Oh my god.

Nerf it to the ground if they want just let me be able to keep fishing on it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
The amount of complaining over this little glyph simply astounds me. I love it just the way it is, especially since I can fish from it.

Perhaps the people that complain do not know how good of a thing to be able to fish from the air is. Or they don't care. Or they think Blizzard will keep all the cool things about it available while making it an instant 310% flyer.

Keep complaining, however, as it is your right as a customer. I just hope that Blizzard doesn't listen, personally.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
10/10/2012 06:05 AMPosted by Zummi

Except in Vash'jir people can swim up to meet you if you have them in combat and aren't already mounted by slapping them with a Fire Blossom.

In most zones, they can't.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
LOLOL Can you really shoot fire blossoms? You looked like a helicopter just firing off missles at horde.

edit: Just tried it. This is awesome hahaha. Enjoy it while it lasts.
Edited by Zenway on 10/10/2012 8:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Monk
Stuff everybody already knew.

It is a mount, it requires flying so even if you learned the glyph you couldn't use it till 60.

1. Make it full speed
2. Stop fighting it with the same arguments that make you feel better.
3. It is not much to ask

Edit: Nice Video btw, liked it.
Edited by Wrongfu on 10/10/2012 8:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I can't seem to do any of these things. D:
Reply Quote
Ohh that looks fun...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/10/2012 08:31 PMPosted by Wrongfu
2. Stop fighting it with the same arguments that make you feel better.

And the same can be said of you. If they make it a full-speed mount, it will become just that: a mount. And if they do that and take away all of the other little perks that I love, I will be very sad.

Ride your other mounts. Leave Zen Flight alone, please.
Reply Quote
The blossom attack thing must be a glitch. You get an error command any time you try to use any other attacks from the cloud.

Though it would totally be awesome if you could shoot lightning while flying around on a cloud. Just saying.
Reply Quote
39 Pandaren Monk
Out of curiosity, do you know if you can use Hardened Shell while using Zen Flight?
Reply Quote
Out of curiosity, do you know if you can use Hardened Shell while using Zen Flight?

Blizzard said they were going to use an item to dismount flying players to encourage more world pvp. It would make sense for this to work as well.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
The pooter scooter is great.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]