Rare petiquette?

85 Worgen Priest
So you finally found one of those Minfernals, a Fel Flame, or whatever but as it turns out it's poor/common/uncommon.
Do you move on and let someone else catch one or clear out the zone in a quest for that rare?

For me, I've got my common Fel Flame so I won't be heading back.
I'll leave the rest of those guys for people who need to complete their collection.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
until 5.1 releases with it's ability to upgrade pet quality/rarity, I will keep hunting for the rares.

that's what i did for spawn of ony. I went through over 100 of those little guys (caught 2 rares). Sucks for everyone else.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
I usually go for rares. Got the giraffe calf finally but generally no one else is around at the times I do it so I don't feel bad about that one. For something like Minfernal I will just take my poor or whatever and move on. It's not for the sake of others per say even though I do let people have some like when I went farming for a Tiny Twister. Moving on from a really rare spawn pet is just mainly for my own sanity.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I have to admit I don't really concern myself with other pet farmers. I stake out a spot where my pet spawns and I battle everything in the vicinity.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Yeah, I farm until I get the rare.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
If it's one I want for pet battles I'll farm for a rare. If it's just one I want for my collection I'll take whatever I find first.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
10/10/2012 09:43 AMPosted by Lena
If it's one I want for pet battles I'll farm for a rare. If it's just one I want for my collection I'll take whatever I find first.

This, exactly.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Minifernals don't really exist
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I just caught the first Minfernal I could find (uncommon) and left any others to other pet hunters. I will upgrade it in 5.1.

Alas it is human nature to be selfish, especially with the age group that plays this game, so I suspect most pet collectors will keep trying to collect the rare and not allow others a chance.
Reply Quote
89 Night Elf Hunter
If it's something I really want to battle with, I'll go for the rare. But most of the rare spawns aren't that way for me. I do want a rare Fel Flame, but they aren't too bad. I have an alt parked in the area and 50/50 I'll see one when I log him in. I also kept one green scourged whelp even though I did manage a blue one, because it's strongest stat was attack power while my blue is health. So, gives me a little leeway on whether or not I go with upgrading the green one later.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Basically, catch everything untill I get a rare. But, there's a point. There are some pets with higher values in uncommon than in rare. Take the example of the Fel Flames, in uncommon they have average HP/ATK, but higher speed than a Rare one, that haves more HP/ATK
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I wonder if the pet upgrades will be possible from gray or whether it's going to be something like "upgrade your pet by one quality" or something.

The undead crab in Ghostlands is driving me insane. I've done at least 100 pet battles trying to get a rare one. /kicks pebble

If I knew how the pet upgrading would work, I'd hold off the farming...
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
I wonder if the pet upgrades will be possible from gray or whether it's going to be something like "upgrade your pet by one quality" or something.

The undead crab in Ghostlands is driving me insane. I've done at least 100 pet battles trying to get a rare one. /kicks pebble

If I knew how the pet upgrading would work, I'd hold off the farming...

Funny how that works, I got my rare Spirit Crab on my 4th or 5th try. Lava crab however took me 100+ for a rare. Now I just need an emperor crab for my Crab All-Stars team.
Reply Quote
89 Night Elf Hunter
The evasive one for me is the jungle larva. I've poked at way too many of those. And chickens o.O I'm debating if I should hold off catching too many more though, and instead focusing on getting the trap upgrade. I do have the strong trap, so I assume I can get the pristine.
Reply Quote
Seems rude and a waste of time to farm out the pets for a rare knowing that you will be able to upgrade them soon. I take what I get.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
They respawn like every 15 minutes lol. Who cares, its a first come first serve world.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Troll Priest
I take what I can get, usually. If there is no one else around I might farm for a rare.

I haven't been lucky enough to get a minifernal yet, but I did finally get a giraffe calf (poor) and a mini dino from Un'Goro (also poor, sadface). :( Oh well!
Reply Quote
10/10/2012 09:43 AMPosted by Lena
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
10/10/2012 10:08 AMPosted by Indimi

This, exactly.

A-Men. But there are some you just know you want the rare for. All warlocks are aiming for the Minfernal pet- just like all mages try for the Kirin-Tor Familiar.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]