Prot Pally tanking stats help

100 Dwarf Paladin
From what I read, for raiding, prot pally need in this order 7.5% hit>15% expertise>15%parry

after this Im confused, can anyone help me out, on how much mastery and dodge i need
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Stamina to the point you dont get 2 shot>7.5% hit>15%exp>haste>=mastery>avoidance

There is no set in stone minimum for avoidance. More is always better. For max avoidance check out the combat table sticky for the macro provided by waniou.
Edited by Celyndrashad on 10/10/2012 6:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
stamina to atleast 450k buffed > 7.5% hit > 7.5% exp > mastery > parry > dodge.

Haste is theoretically really good, because it could significantly increase our holy power generation and let use get more SotR uptime, but i haven't seen any hard numbers to support it yet, so i would probably stick with mostly mastery now.

parry is better than dodge because it suffers less from diminishing returns. But, after a certain point dodge will become equal if you have enough parry. You shouldn't hit that point though because you will be focusing on hit/exp/mastery.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
10/10/2012 11:36 PMPosted by Calyria
but i haven't seen any hard numbers to support it yet, so i would probably stick with mostly mastery now.

Here are the numbers:

http://sacredduty.net/

Shows that getting 15% exp is pretty damn good and puts haste and mastery about even (they both have their benefits) but haste increases our damage and mastery for all practicality does not.

This is not to say avoidance is bad. But for smoothing damage and reliability exp to 15%>haste>=mastery.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Considering haste increases our dps it also will have a direct impact on our healing done with battle healer. So wouldn't that have haste pulling ahead of mastery in importance or was this already accounted for.

Another thing I want to know; even though the tool tip doesn't say that our haste would effect our normal melee attacks but I swear after stacking some haste, my melee dps went up. So if haste does increase our melee swing rate then wouldn't that also increase our weapon enchant procs?

Sorry I'm posting on my priest but I'm on my phone and I don't know how to switch the toon.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Remember there is more than one strategy to gear a Prot paladin.

It turns out that the get hit/exp. to capps then work on mastery >= haste or mastery = haste

happens to be a favored method. You will take more damage from this strategy. But if played well you can reduce the spike damage compared to a more avoidance + mastery focused reforging strategy

I'm leaning toward it. Especially since I can use this Dawnblade's Chestguard with careful gemming and reforging for my Ret and Prot sets.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Remember there is more than one strategy to gear a Prot paladin.

It turns out that the get hit/exp. to capps then work on mastery >= haste or mastery = haste

happens to be a favored method. You will take more damage from this strategy. But if played well you can reduce the spike damage compared to a more avoidance + mastery focused reforging strategy

I'm leaning toward it. Especially since I can use this Dawnblade's Chestguard with careful gemming and reforging for my Ret and Prot sets.

This is the strategy I'm using. I took less damage on Stone Guards (25-man) than the other 2 tanks in all of our attempts, and I was the guy with 2 bosses on me.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]