Main Hand

90 Night Elf Druid
I have main hand dagger.Can I equip and offhand with a mainhand dagger?
Edited by Firesign on 10/11/2012 9:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/11/2012 09:07 AMPosted by Firesign
Can I equip and offhand with a mainhand dagger?

Depending on class, you can equip some types of offhands with your mainhand weapon.

In your case, it would be a relic or offhand bauble of some kind, as Druids cannot dual wield (equip weapons in each hand).

Also,Why isn,t there a catergory for offhand weapons in the AH?

I'm not sure, but there never were many strictly offhand weapons in the game and the ones there were may have simply been turned into one-hand weapons.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I did find the offhand category in the AH.Its under armor.Ty for your help.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I have main hand dagger.Can I equip and offhand with a mainhand dagger?Also,Why isn,t there a catergory for offhand weapons in the AH?

If your class/spec combo has the ability to dual-wield, you can put an "off-hand" or a general "one-hand" weapon in your off-hand. Otherwise, you'll have to stick to two-handed weapons or a one-hand/main hand weapon in your main hand and a "held in off hand" item (orb, tome, etc) in your off-hand.

The reason why there's no "main hand" and "off hand" category in the Auction house is because they both fall under the category of "one handed". "one handed" means the weapon only takes up one weapon slot, and that it can go in either hand (provided your character's class/spec has the dual-wield ability). Main-hand weapons are "one handed" items that can only be equipped in the main-hand weapon slot, similarly with "off-hand" items and the off-hand weapon slot.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
10/11/2012 09:19 AMPosted by Firesign

Those aren't weapons, you can't use them to attack enemies. They are merely stat boosting items like tomes, orbs, fish, flowers, etc. (though those last two are purely aesthetic and have no stats). These things are meant for non-dual wielding class/specs to fill in the off-hand slot with something that has stats, hence why they're grouped with the armor.
Edited by Avanna on 10/11/2012 9:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/11/2012 09:19 AMPosted by Firesign

Excellent, but note that those are the offhand baubles I mentioned (which are good for you, being a druid), not the offhand weapons you asked for.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I had an offhand in my bank.I didn,t have it equipped with the main hand dagger.Last night I sold it to a vendor.Today my item level dropped to 430.I was doing Heroics all week with an item level of 459.When I sold that offhand ,did it affect my item level even though it was in the bank?Thank You for explaining about the abilities of main hand,offhand,dual-wield.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
10/11/2012 09:44 AMPosted by Firesign
When I sold that offhand ,did it affect my item level even though it was in the bank?

Yes. It looks at all the items you have equipped, in your bags, and in your bank (it may even look at your void storage). Then it picks the highest iLevel item you own that you can equip for each slot, and averages all the results for the slots together.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Ok! I need to get an offhand nooow to be able to do Heroics again.I hesitated when I sold that offhand last night .
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I just noticed that there is no offhand frill in the Adventuring Supplies for Townlong Steepes. Seems odd.

Anyway Until you can get an offhand frill you might consider getting Mountainscaler Diviner's Rod from http://www.wowhead.com/npc=65171 It's a 393 weapon but since it only counts as 1 item it'll bring your ilvl up to 453. The problem you're having is right now you have a slot with 0 so it's lowering your average a great deal.
Reply Quote
64 Tauren Death Knight
10/11/2012 09:23 AMPosted by Harlan
offhand baubles

baubles are for fishing :P

...not for fighting... (unless you like to fight with your fishing pole!)
Reply Quote
10/11/2012 08:32 PMPosted by Nobully
offhand baubles

baubles are for fishing :P

...not for fighting... (unless you like to fight with your fishing pole!)

Ok, in fairness they are "frills."

I'm not sure frills are for fighting anymore than baubles are, but hey.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]