Heroic: Garajal the Spiritbinder (Blues Look)

90 Orc Warrior
As Crem said, I think it just comes down to doing the fight properly with high consistent DPS, cleaning up the adds and having your healers rotate correctly.

Kill vid is up for those interested to clarify anything, I don't feel this fight is broken (especially considering our gear levels currently and how well we will all scale).

crazy dps, nicely done eso

Cheers mate! Appreciate it ^^
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Have to say blizz you guys done an amazing job on this fight really asks for people to bring the highest possible DPS their class is capable of and a perfect rotation of healer cds. Real nerd screamer boss here and hope it stays the same for awhile to come for others to appreciate the fight for what it is ... also note this was done with a RAID average ilvl 474 .

Good luck everyone else and keep trying the boss is worth it!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Quite a few 25 man guilds are stuck on this boss as well, for the record. The healing and CD management requirements are significant, it's not a pushover by any means.

It may very well be harder on 10 man (haven't done it obviously), but it's not anywhere near the discrepancy of something like Yor'sahj in release week in DS in terms of kills. Plus it's only been three nights of course.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Dead... Not sure on the opinions of the Avast boys though. Definitely a rough fight, and SUPER tight, but there were certainly RNG factors there for us. Could have been the difference in raid comp or something? I dunno. Eitherway, grats to you guys, very impressed.

PS. Definitely a nerd scream boss lol.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I am not going to discount the kills, they are well deserved and accomplished. Grats to both of your fine guilds.

But I do have a question that I am hoping you could answer. Are you sure there wasn't some sort of hotfix with regards to minions targeting the same person in your kills? Could you please verify that with your logs and get back to us? Most specifically we are talking about the 5-6 50k+ hits simultaneously evidenced in this thread.

Thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
So... this entire topic of whining about a boss being practically unkillable in 10 man now has 4 guilds with it down. What exactly was the whining about again? What I got out of it was that 10 man raiders for some reason are competing against 25 man raiders, and people are angry they couldn't kill a boss in the very first week of heroics opening up when many of those players are walking into these fights with still some blue gear.

I just don't understand the mentality behind it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Even if there was a hotfix, Paragon obviously downed it before that occurred. People claim it was because their raid is more geared.

Does nobody remember the days where gear check bosses existed? Why do you think you should be able to clear an instance in the first week?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
By everyone you mean another 3 guilds right? Last time I checked there was over 150 10 man guilds stuck on it. I guarantee you it wasn't hotfixed. Both us and Avast were having sub 10% wipes all of yesterday (or so I'm told by them) anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/12/2012 10:31 AMPosted by Xera
I guarantee you it wasn't hotfixed

That just makes this whole thread better. Reminds me of the Zero Light talk back in Ulduar.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/12/2012 10:31 AMPosted by Xera
By everyone you mean another 3 guilds right? Last time I checked there was over 150 10 man guilds stuck on it. I guarantee you it wasn't hotfixed. Both us and Avast were having sub 10% wipes all of yesterday (or so I'm told by them) anyway.

Avast killed it just after midnight my time. You guys killed it a little later. 1st Euro killed it just before you. All after Midnight my time, and in the previous tiers we had seen hotfixes applied at or around midnight on specific bosses.

Don't discount the hotfix theory yet. Check logs for damage in previous attempts, and after and verify.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I guess you'll know eitherway next raid you guys do.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
As Crem said, I think it just comes down to doing the fight properly with high consistent DPS, cleaning up the adds and having your healers rotate correctly.

Kill vid is up for those interested to clarify anything, I don't feel this fight is broken (especially considering our gear levels currently and how well we will all scale).

Well played Eso. I think you are correct, blizz doesn't really tune these fights around the kinds of gear we are doing them in. This will be a pushover when everyone has full normal mogushan vaults-ilvl gear (nevermind heroic stuff).

However, the inconsistencies with various tanks I think actually are a serious issue. The difference between for example a death knight tank and a warrior tank on this fight are just ludicrous. Seems like a bunch of abilities that mitigate tank damage aren't mitigated the damage transferred by voodoo dolls, kinda frustrating~ ...well, whatever. At least it's over, right?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
This encounter is definitely one of the more challenging boss fights you can face, and after reading some of your feedback, we wanted to follow up with you about a few things:

• The spawn rate of the phased adds on 10-player Heroic mode is slower than 25-player Heroic mode. As a matter of fact, the spawn rate is slower on 10-player Heroic mode than it is on 25-player Normal mode.
  • We are not currently aware of any non-cosmetic bugs with the Gara'jal encounter. If you feel this is incorrect, please be sure to follow-up with all the details.
  • It is possible that when many Shadowy Minions are active, there may be a higher likelihood of large bursts of damage on 10-player Heroic mode than there is on 25-player. This is something we're currently evaluating and may adjust, without reducing the overall damage output of the minions.
  • No hotfixes or changes to this encounter have been applied to the game since Tuesday night. In a general sense, we avoid making significant tuning adjustments to encounters (other than exploit fixes or major bugfixes) until after a raid week has concluded. This is the fairest approach for all players that avoids diminishing any current accomplishments, or exacerbating any current struggles.
  • Reply Quote
    90 Troll Shaman
    10/12/2012 12:00 PMPosted by Kolzi
    Seems like a bunch of abilities that mitigate tank damage aren't mitigated the damage transferred by voodoo dolls, kinda frustrating~ ...well, whatever. At least it's over, right?

Maybe wrong on this one so please bare with me. I was under the understanding that the shadow moves are non resistible and are only reduced through %damage reduction cds thus making tanks with a lot of those better than ones that focus on dodging. I think tanks overall are very unbalanced atm, I know we are still progressing on Heroic stone and the first night we had a warrior tank really well geared and he was getting rocked. Switched to a monk tank the next day with a way lower ilvl and he does just fine.

Sums up to the fact that blizzard really didn't listen to the beta feedback given and at times on the beta the fights were up for so short of times that it felt like they were giving us a preview rather than actually wanting them to be tested.
    Reply Quote
    MVP - Technical Support
    90 Human Warrior
    The only bug i noticed is sometimes he flat out doesn't cast banishment on tanks on heroic 25 man.
    Reply Quote
    90 Worgen Hunter
    This encounter is definitely one of the more challenging boss fights you can face, and after reading some of your feedback, we wanted to follow up with you about a few things:

• The spawn rate of the phased adds on 10-player Heroic mode is slower than 25-player Heroic mode. As a matter of fact, the spawn rate is slower on 10-player Heroic mode than it is on 25-player Normal mode.
  • We are not currently aware of any non-cosmetic bugs with the Gara'jal encounter. If you feel this is incorrect, please be sure to follow-up with all the details.
  • It is possible that when many Shadowy Minions are active, there may be a higher likelihood of large bursts of damage on 10-player Heroic mode than there is on 25-player. This is something we're currently evaluating and may adjust, without reducing the overall damage output of the minions.
  • No hotfixes or changes to this encounter have been applied to the game since Tuesday night. In a general sense, we avoid making significant tuning adjustments to encounters (other than exploit fixes or major bugfixes) until after a raid week has concluded. This is the fairest approach for all players that avoids diminishing any current accomplishments, or exacerbating any current struggles.

• Thanks for the blue post.
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Monk

• The biggest issue is the fact that there are 3 Voodoo dolls in 10man, compared to the 4 in 25man with a total of 15 extra players... Which increases the likely hood of huge burst dramatically.

This is further emphasized by the fact that 25man can drop down to 4 healers and we are forced to 3 heal on 10man.
    Edited by Danqt on 10/12/2012 1:34 PM PDT
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]