Heroic: Garajal the Spiritbinder (Blues Look)

90 Draenei Mage
10/11/2012 10:46 PMPosted by Jane
How often is that going to happen in a raid with 25 people in it with what..4 people going down?

Probably about the same? That's why I said 2-3 grasps hitting on 25 and 5-6 on 10. Obviously having 5-6 hit the same person on 25 is alot less likely but 5-6 is not what I am comparing it to, I am comparing it to half that many hits.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I can understand tight enrage timers. I can understand difficult mechanics. I can understand bugs. I can understand gear checks. They all happen.

What I cannot understand is how the dev team knows about it according to GM's yet we aren't seeing a hotfix in place or any word on when it will be.

I already think the "race" was skewed anyway. US guilds had the hardest of combos for 1st boss, coupled with the deadly bug of "oh hey, can you click the crystal?" where no one could click crystals, food buffs, jeeves (tar jeeves, use interact) etc. Euros had easy mode 3, plus the bug was already fixed on their end. Then they cokblock us all with this 3rd boss nonsense.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
10/11/2012 10:52 PMPosted by Goobamonk
P.S. 4 vodoos on 25 man v 3 on 10m wtf?

Boss hits harder on 25. Fair enough point in that it limits who can go down more on 10man though.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
10/11/2012 10:54 PMPosted by Kolzi

Boss hits harder on 25. Fair enough point in that it limits who can go down more on 10man though.

There was already a GM who said they were aware of issues and they were planning to fix it. So what are you here for, out of curiosity?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yes your Shadow Grasp hits harder, but that doesn't compensate for the amount of players you have up at a given time as compared to that of a 10-man.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest

^
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
It makes you sit back and think how the design team, quality assurance, internal testers, and possibly beta feedback(?) could have thought this was acceptable moving forward in it's current state.

So how are you doing Sorani? Funny I am back now, cause of SWTOR's lack of content after months of waiting. You were right in the end lol.
Edited by Genshin on 10/11/2012 11:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Going by the videos currently available, we have almost as many individual adds spawning as 25man.

While true they do less damage, consider that we have 10 players instead of 25.

Now, most 25mans are getting away with sending down 3-4 players per totem to keep ahead of add spawns, Comparatively we quite literally NEED 3 players going down or else the adds spawn out of control.

On 10man, there are 3 Voodoo Doll targets, On 25man there are 4.

This leaves a 10man raid with 3x Voodoo doll targets and 4x non Voodoo doll targets and a 25man raid with 4 voodoo doll targets and 17 non voodoo doll targets.

So basically, we have a 3 in 7 chance of duplicating all shadow grasp damage by 300% tell me how you can even compare this to 25man's 4 in 21 chance to duplicate by 400%.

Now onto Shadowy Attacks (a random ability he casts once every ~8 seconds on the main tank).

The highest hit from one of these attacks I've seen was around ~200,000 in 25H, we frequently have hits for 160,000+ this is duplicated to all voodoo doll targets(since the tank will always have voodoo doll)

None of this takes into account the sheer amount of cooldowns available to a 25man raid to throw at the tank/voodoo doll targets to mitigate damage.

To answer your question, We could have 10man shadow grasps also hitting for 90k and with the encounter as it is absolutely nothing would change.
Edited by Danqt on 10/11/2012 11:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Look how many guilds caught up now. I am going to be a little upset if they hotfix this on a night we can't raid or better yet primetime euro at 10am my time so we can watch them all fly up the ranks.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
10/11/2012 11:13 PMPosted by Genshin
Look how many guilds caught up now. I am going to be a little upset if they hotfix this on a night we can't raid or better yet primetime euro at 10am my time so we can watch them all fly up the ranks.

Pretty much this, and you know it's going to happen.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
At this point we dont even care about the rankings for the fight, we just want everyone to kill it so we can prep for the next 'tier'. At this point the race for MSV is over, 10 mans were !@#$ed out of it, so we need to get ready for the next set of raids.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I was pretty happy with being a few hours behind you guys, sort of sad to see how many 10 mans are 2/6 now.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
We can do pet battles now guys! :)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I looooooooove this fight :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]