So ugghh..Garrosh in 5.1

100 Human Death Knight
I was watching the cinematics tying into the landings of both factions and I couldn't help but draw some parallels.

Horde landing: Guadalcanal.
Alliance landing: Iwo Jima.

Varian reaction will be Hiroshima and Nagasaki together. At once.

10/11/2012 05:41 PMPosted by Thokk
I decided to embrance the whole pregnant vampire DK thing.

Ah.
I uh...

I'm not allowed back in my basket weaving class.

Was it underwater basket weaving?
Reply Quote

. . .
I caught the place on fire.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
10/11/2012 05:50 PMPosted by Thokk

. . .
I caught the place on fire.

Damn Thokk, how did you manage to burn down the underwater basket weaving classrom?
Edited by Kalad on 10/11/2012 5:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/11/2012 05:55 PMPosted by Kalad
Damn Thokk, how did you manage to burn down the underwater basket weaving classrom?

Run.
The Kraken is still VERY ANGRY.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I like some of the reader comments on that site.

"New theory:

After Garrosh "kills" Anduin, we retrieve the body, only for it to explode and regenerate.
That's right. Anduin goes all Time Lord up in this lore!"

I lol'ed hard.
Reply Quote
After talking about this a bit, my tinfoil hat theory.

Bluseside, in Krasarang Wilds we learn the besides the overall Alliance missive, the Night Elves are there to find the "Beacon of great Light" that Tyrande keeps having visions of. One questline later you find some powers that the Mogu used, which doesn't restore immortality like that one Elf hoped, but just transfers life. In the end he sacrifices himself and transfers his life force into his daughter to save her.

In the blue panda city there, Anduin is standing right next to that very Elf. So he or his party would know of this magic by now I'd think. Someone is going to have to transfer their life into Anduin to save him.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Garrosh Hellscream is a hero.

...to the orcs.

Look at his speech. His main objective is to find the orcs a land that they can call their own that isn't a resourceless desert. He wants a vibrant land with resources to call home and believes he can ally with the Pandaren to make it happen (even if he'd likely make them second-class citizens in their own land).

His main affections are for his own people, the orcs, and he wants them to have better. This is actually one of the most consistent parts of his character. He challenged Thrall over leadership because of how his vision of the orcish people differed, he invaded Ashenvale hoping to move the Horde capital there where they'd have resources... and now he's eying Pandaria. He wants the orcs (and their allies) to live somewhere fruitful where they can be happy. What stands in the way? The Alliance. How can he beat them? Well... he thinks the Sha energy can be his trump card. Afterall, this is the guy who has continually evolved his strategy to stay ahead of the alliance. Magnataur, proto-drakes, kraken, mana bombs... these innovations have always benefited him. And Sha energy? He actually seems (right now) to have some control over it and by extension his emotions, which I have to say was pretty interesting.

Now for Anduin. If the speculation is correct and he's dead... that's shocking. However, with the pools available to the alliance and a future chapter of the Wrathion story being entitled 'The Two Princes', I doubt he's dead for long. But if he is...

Anduin is Velen's protege for a reason. the Prophet thinks Anduin is going to lead the Army of Light. So what would happen if Azeroth's savior and the leader of the Army of Light dies before the Legion can invade? Gotta say that I believe that could be a very good storyline.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Holy.

Crap.

Stuff just got real o_0
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
I miss the days when there was moral ambiguity to the story of this game. The whole good guys vs. bad guys era that Garrosh ushered in is far too Everquest for my liking.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter

Bluseside, in Krasarang Wilds we learn the besides the overall Alliance missive, the Night Elves are there to find the "Beacon of great Light" that Tyrande keeps having visions of. One questline later you find some powers that the Mogu used, which doesn't restore immortality like that one Elf hoped, but just transfers life. In the end he sacrifices himself and transfers his life force into his daughter to save her.

In the blue panda city there, Anduin is standing right next to that very Elf. So he or his party would know of this magic by now I'd think. Someone is going to have to transfer their life into Anduin to save him.

And there's my speculation if we get a Garrosh-redemption thing. But yeah, I wasn't really looking forward to him being sha-infested, although given the theme of corruption the game already has that's not surprising.

That said, I honestly wasn't expecting this either. Killing Anduin? Talk about making it personal.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
SlA
"I will let you live, so you may tell your king the price of your defiance."
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Monk
10/11/2012 09:55 PMPosted by Motionless
"I will let you live, so you may tell your king the price of your defiance."

He's talking to the player.

Anyway, unrelated to your post:

"Decent reasoning, except Garrosh has already committed a nuclear atrocity, and Alliance player's emotions have been escalated for years now.

Anduin is the namesake of ol' Lothar, and embodies the spirit of the Alliance in a way that thematically fits. He's bee built up perfectly to take over when Varian bites the bullet, and do things a thousand times better than Varian could ever hope to.

If he dies this way and stays dead, I suspect WoW has replaced all it's writers with Hozen.
If he comes back to life, I suspect they replaced their writers with WWE writers."
Edited by Khelgin on 10/11/2012 10:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
88 Dwarf Mage
Post deleted by he who shall not be named.
Edited by Aghleann on 10/18/2012 3:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
I read that as Alduin, and got all giddy about dragon hunting again.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Anduin: Rez pls

Vol'Jin: no worries, I SS'd u
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/11/2012 02:56 PMPosted by Thokk
And definitely pull some heartstrings.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Warlock
So.......why are we going back to the Black Temple in a scenario?
Reply Quote

I think you are on to something here!

I would just clarify that the elf standing next to Anduin in 7 Stars is not the very same one who used the water from the Mogu Pools of Youth to transfer his own life to his dead daughter, but he was a member of the group. I am afraid that the name of the elf who sacrificed himself to save his daughter escapes me, but Magister Xintar, the elf standing with Anduin, is/was the vendor in the Krasarang night elf encampments. Since he is both a night elf and a Magister, one can possibly assume he is a Highborne who is working with the Kaldorei group.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
10/12/2012 07:32 AMPosted by Chonga
So.......why are we going back to the Black Temple in a scenario?

Probably something to do with the group of warlocks (Their name escapes me), they have some tie to the story. Two of em headed to the black temple if I remember correctly
Edited by Krixxek on 10/12/2012 7:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
10/12/2012 07:54 AMPosted by Krixxek
Probably something to do with the group of warlocks (Their name escapes me), they have some tie to the story. Two of em headed to the black temple if I remember correctly

Also we gotta bring Illidan back to life for some reason.

I'm still glad Garrosh is maintaining PART of his character, I guess. The whole survival of his people was a pretty big part of it.

Honestly though I'd still rather play Horde than Alliance. Better to be the faction who HAS some darkness in them rather than the benevolent Alliance that never fails and stands for truth justice and hats.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]