Holy pally mastery not favourable for tanks

90 Blood Elf Paladin
I levelled to 90 as Protection. I like tanking and healing, I struggle with ret :-/

After getting season 12 heal set crafted so I can heal some heroics to get some practice (yep, heal pve in pvp gear).
I like healing, haven’t done it since early cata so I was a bit rusty for my first couple, but did ok.

I start thinking about reforging and what stats I am really after.

So the stats available (besides intellect/spirit) are haste, mastery and crit.
It seems that a lot of classes like mastery, I know it is great on my warlock and pretty good as a tank.
Mastery – heals also absorb damage

My question is, ignore and reforge out of mastery for crit and haste?
This giving the tank more vengeance.
Or keep up the mastery to conserve mana some more, it seems mana seems to be a healers biggest issue this expansion.?
Spamming holy light seems effective (most of the time)

As a tank, I prefer being healed rather than damage mitigated, sorry disc priests so I can build up MOAR vengeance!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Bubbles don't cause less vengeance. Vengeance is based on pre-mitigation damage, which means the raw damage a mob would have done if the tank had no absorbs, no block, and no armor value at all.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Great answer, thanks.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]