As a rogue in PVP.

90 Worgen Hunter

Do you have any stats to back up your claim to rogues being the worst class in PvP? This is a position that has always been held by hunters since arena was introduced, every season, every expansion. Sounds to me like rogues got too used to the gravy train that's existed for them since Vanilla and can't handle being brought down to size.

Cataclysm called, hunters haven't been bad since wrath nerd.

If you paid attention to statistics, hunters were still the bottom in Cata. Also, you calling me a nerd as an insult is supremely ironic.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
Well can't say I didn't see it coming and I don't even pvp. If you think rogues are going to be competitive at the start of a new expansion you're gonna have a bad time.

T7, T11, T14 all rogues worst tiers and it's not fun, not fun at all.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Rogues could use some survivability buffs, they had their CD's gutted

Surviabilty is what SHOULD have been nerfed.

The nerfs to their damage, control, and mobilty were excessive. Rogues should hit hard, use unfair tactics (hence why they should have the CC) and move quickly. What they shouldn't be able to do is facetank damage. That simply isn't very rogue like.
Reply Quote
6 Goblin Rogue
10/05/2012 05:40 AMPosted by Lochnar

The nerfs to their damage, control, and mobilty were excessive. Rogues should hit hard, use unfair tactics (hence why they should have the CC) and move quickly. What they shouldn't be able to do is facetank damage. That simply isn't very rogue like.

Yeah, it's ridiculous that they've decided to make rogues more tanky than warriors and warriors get far more burst than rogues.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue

I agree, but with the state that the game is in, it's impossible for a class to exist now without some defensive buffers. Though I personally think the following:
- make Recuperate a passive - same effect, but always on in Stealth. Not on when out of Stealth. Remove the glyph and make it 3.5% base.
- Subtlety: make Sinister Calling allow Recuperate to trigger out of stealth, but at 1.5%/sec
- Assassination: give Sin Deadened Nerves back
- Combat: give Combat the old Sub Setup talent (+1CP for any dodge/resist). Reward a weak-damage spec offensively for defenses.
- allow Combat Readiness to be used while CCed.
Edited by Kanoi on 10/5/2012 12:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
64 Worgen Hunter
Discussion is pretty futile at this point. They read these forums; they know rogues are lacking. But that doesn't mean they'll do anything for a long time to come.

It feels a lot like that scene from The Empire Strikes Back where Vader tells Lando, "I have altered the deal. Pray I do not alter it further"

But instead of altering the deal, they're nerfing rogues with careless abandon and with no intentions of listening to us on anything.

Just pray they don't nerf us further, I suppose.
Edited by Derpenstein on 10/5/2012 2:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
6 Goblin Rogue
10/05/2012 02:37 PMPosted by Derpenstein
Discussion is pretty futile at this point. They read these forums; they know rogues are lacking. But that doesn't mean they'll do anything for a long time to come.

Discussion on these boards is always futile, unless the topic reaches critical mass and blizzard finally caves, like they did with the inception of rated battlegrounds. Although, that was a horrible idea from the great unwashed and even more horrible that blizzard decided to capitulate, so perhaps a bad analogy.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Rogues are now balanced and require somewhat minimal skill and effort every other class needs to put in for a kill.

Welcome to balance it's fun down here.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest

I completely agree with this. When the game first released, I felt like rogues were the melee mages. Glass cannons, capable of huge damage, and slippery when pressured, but couldn't take a hit if you touched them. I don't want to see rogue tanky. I love my rogue, but it is pretty ridiculous to me.

Shadowstep should have a 15 second cooldown, and work while rooted, like in TBC. Not that I think that would fix the class, I am just putting it out there.
Edited by Brianjosel on 10/6/2012 5:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Rogues are still good, it just feels gimped because most players are still too accustomed to the "high" from Cataclysm.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
10/06/2012 05:50 AMPosted by Taunque
Rogues are still good, it just feels gimped because most players are still too accustomed to the "high" from Cataclysm.

Peel or CC the dance and the rogue is useless. Rogues are horrible right now, no problem admitting it.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Seeing warriors say "rogues require skill like the rest of us now" makes me giggle.
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Hunter
Rogues are the new 3 minute "mages". Every 3 minute I can pop ShB, Dance and Vanish for another opener to finish off. Then blind/spint away.

I should race switch to Pandaren, then I literally would be a "Sad Panda".

That's the thing about cds, a level 10 mage with frost nova can make you blow a 3 min cd if you're specced prep instead of ss. So do we make ss baseline thereby making rogues less cd dependent? I'd say no since then they have both options of being tanky w/out cds and OP with cds like in cata.

Other than maybe poisons rogues are fine and I'm sure they'll be better as the season goes on. Happens at the beginning of every xpac.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Oh noze rogues dont have an auto answer for every hairy situation and just cant skate free anymore.

FYI learn to adapt to the vision that blizzard has planned for you.
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Hunter

That's the thing about cds, a level 10 mage with frost nova can make you blow a 3 min cd if you're specced prep instead of ss. So do we make ss baseline thereby making rogues less cd dependent? I'd say no since then they have both options of being tanky w/out cds and OP with cds like in cata.

Other than maybe poisons rogues are fine and I'm sure they'll be better as the season goes on. Happens at the beginning of every xpac.

rogues being tanky? where?

Rogues were THE tankiest melee class in cata more so than warriors and dks who got gibbed instantly. Recoup, cheat death, clos + vanish. evasion. and combat readiness made rogues very tanky.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Oh noze rogues dont have an auto answer for every hairy situation and just cant skate free anymore.

FYI learn to adapt to the vision that blizzard has planned for you.

What get kited to death, and explode the moment cloak of shadows is on cd?

State of rogues mobility and defense is non-existent, stop thinking other wise, you know nothing about the class as you demonstrated with an idiotic post, probably trolling; giving me the reason to flag your post.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
10/06/2012 12:17 PMPosted by Ilyrria
probably trolling; giving me the reason to flag your post.
Oh, shut up!
Edited by Dochaelian on 10/6/2012 1:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]