Grand Expedition Yak account wide/bound?

68 Night Elf Death Knight
Has anyone been able to confirm if the grand expedition yak is an account wide mount? For 120K it better be.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
All mounts are account wide. All.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
10/02/2012 12:21 PMPosted by Otisy
Has anyone been able to confirm if the grand expedition yak is an account wide mount? For 120K it better be.

It's account-wide.

10/02/2012 12:23 PMPosted by Gorthn
All mounts are account wide. All.

Not true.
Arena/RBG mounts, some class-specific mounts, and challenge mode mounts are not account-wide.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I have one, and yes it's account wide. So are the jewelcrafting panthers.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
To answer your question, the Reins of the Grand Expedition Yak is account-wide.

With the exception of PvP reward mounts, all mounts are account-wide. Mounts that a character is eligible to use will be displayed in your Mount Journal. Certain mounts have profession/faction/class requirements and will only be available for characters that meet them.

As an example, Horde/Alliance faction mounts will only show up in the Mount Journals for characters of that faction.

If you’re interested in learning more about what types of mounts, pets, or achievements are account-wide, check out this knowledge base article.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
i want to pay IRL money for this mount blizzard, please put it in the store. and this is coming from a guy who doesnt buy store mounts.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
10/02/2012 04:14 PMPosted by Rygarius
As an example, Horde/Alliance faction mounts will only show up in the Mount Journals for characters of that faction.

What if I get the pandaren mount on my alliance pandaren. Will my hordes have that mount? considering the mounts are the same for both sides of pandaren (I think)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
10/02/2012 04:14 PMPosted by Rygarius
With the exception of PvP reward mounts, all mounts are account-wide.

Untrue.
Cloud Serpents. You need to grind the reputation to buy the cloud serpent license or some other nonsense. Hope that gets changed.

'Least thats how it was the last time I looked.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
10/02/2012 04:23 PMPosted by Lickmytotemz

What if I get the pandaren mount on my alliance pandaren. Will my hordes have that mount? considering the mounts are the same for both sides of pandaren (I think)

Wondering this also. If I buy the yak on alliance will I be able to use it on horde?

I know the Tundra Mammoth is faction specific but from what I can see the yak isnt can this be confirmed?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
10/02/2012 04:25 PMPosted by Vail

Untrue.
Cloud Serpents. You need to grind the reputation to buy the cloud serpent license or some other nonsense. Hope that gets changed.

The ability to use a mount has no relation to whether or not it is account-wide.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
10/02/2012 04:38 PMPosted by Boolander

Untrue.

The ability to use a mount has no relation to whether or not it is account-wide.

Oh come on.
Whether it's physically on the list or not doesn't matter. What matters is being able to ride it.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
10/02/2012 04:40 PMPosted by Vail
Whether it's physically on the list or not doesn't matter. What matters is being able to ride it.

"Account-wide" just means "you only have to acquire the mount once to have it in your list." There are other criteria that can prevent you from riding a mount (most notably, level; and in the case of cloud serpents, the riding skill), but that doesn't make the mount not account-wide.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
Thank you for the yak, this mount makes this game more enjoyable in a way i can't even explain.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
10/02/2012 04:31 PMPosted by Prazzle
Wondering this also. If I buy the yak on alliance will I be able to use it on horde?

The Yak is not faction-specific. It should be available to both Horde and Alliance characters.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
To answer your question, the Reins of the Grand Expedition Yak is account-wide.

With the exception of PvP reward mounts, all mounts are account-wide. Mounts that a character is eligible to use will be displayed in your Mount Journal. Certain mounts have profession/faction/class requirements and will only be available for characters that meet them.

If you’re interested in learning more about what types of mounts, pets, or achievements are account-wide, [url="https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/world-of-warcraft-accountwide-pets-mounts-and-achievements"]check out this knowledge base article[/url].

Yeah that's not true at all.

Mechno hog isn't, the Travels Tundra mammoth isnt, the Ghost Gryphon inst. I can list more, but those are just the top three I can think of.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
10/02/2012 04:49 PMPosted by Zeìk
Mechno hog isn't, the Travels Tundra mammoth isnt, the Ghost Gryphon inst. I can list more, but those are just the top three I can think of.

Those mounts are account-wide on their respective faction.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter

Untrue.

Also the Pandaren Pheonix mounts - you can ONLY get one of them, and they ONLY work on the character you get it on.
Reply Quote
Community Manager

Untrue.

Cloud Serpent mounts are indeed account-wide. However they require the Cloud Serpent Riding skill, which is a faction requirement and character specific. Characters that meet the faction requirement will see the mount as account-wide. I’ll bring this up with our developers to see if that’s intended.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Traveler's Tundra Mammoth is not account wide
Edited by Dubbzy on 10/2/2012 5:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
10/02/2012 05:06 PMPosted by Dubbzy
Traveler's Tundra Mammoth is not account wide

10/02/2012 04:50 PMPosted by Novalas
Those mounts are account-wide on their respective faction.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]