Grand Expedition Yak account wide/bound?

90 Human Warrior
10/02/2012 05:06 PMPosted by Dubbzy
Traveler's Tundra Mammoth is not account wide
Yes it is, but there are Horde and Alliance specific versions of the mount. I think they they should turn it into one mount that both factions can use, though.
Reply Quote
95 Gnome Warlock
To answer your question, the Reins of the Grand Expedition Yak is account-wide.

With the exception of PvP reward mounts, all mounts are account-wide. Mounts that a character is eligible to use will be displayed in your Mount Journal. Certain mounts have profession/faction/class requirements and will only be available for characters that meet them.

As an example, Horde/Alliance faction mounts will only show up in the Mount Journals for characters of that faction.

If you’re interested in learning more about what types of mounts, pets, or achievements are account-wide, [url="https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/world-of-warcraft-accountwide-pets-mounts-and-achievements"]check out this knowledge base article[/url].

I honestly have no idea why Blizzard felt that any restrictions were needed for this feature. Faction mounts I could maybe understand, especially in an expansion where Blizzard is trying to get back to that "Red vs Blue" feeling, but class mounts? Professions? PvP? None of these should have been flagged for restriction in any form.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
10/02/2012 05:00 PMPosted by Rygarius

Untrue.
Cloud Serpents. You need to grind the reputation to buy the cloud serpent license or some other nonsense. Hope that gets changed.

'Least thats how it was the last time I looked.

Cloud Serpent mounts are indeed account-wide. However they require the Cloud Serpent Riding skill, which is a faction requirement and character specific. Characters that meet the faction requirement will see the mount as account-wide. I’ll bring this up with our developers to see if that’s intended.

With all the rep grind in this expansion so far couldn't you give us a break?
Yeesh.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
10/02/2012 05:12 PMPosted by Positron
Please do. Grinding the riding skill on every toon is a bit much.

Why would you want to grind the riding skill, even on one toon? Those Cloud Serpent mounts are pretty darn ugly.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
10/02/2012 05:21 PMPosted by Äbaddon
Please do. Grinding the riding skill on every toon is a bit much.

Why would you want to grind the riding skill, even on one toon? Those Cloud Serpent mounts are pretty darn ugly.

I could argue that the human male models are ugly.
But then you'd argue male worgen are ugly.
And we'd just go back and fourth.

That's how opinions work.
Reply Quote
55 Dwarf Death Knight
Journies?
Reply Quote
I for one, would LOVE to be able to use my cloud serpents on other characters now that I have grinded out the eggs over 10 hours of mindless looping and eye straining grind.
Reply Quote
20 Blood Elf Rogue
10/02/2012 12:23 PMPosted by Gorthn
All mounts are account wide. All.

Nope.
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Paladin

With the exception of PvP reward mounts, all mounts are account-wide. Mounts that a character is eligible to use will be displayed in your Mount Journal. Certain mounts have profession/faction/class requirements and will only be available for characters that meet them.

As an example, Horde/Alliance faction mounts will only show up in the Mount Journals for characters of that faction.

If you’re interested in learning more about what types of mounts, pets, or achievements are account-wide, [url="https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/world-of-warcraft-accountwide-pets-mounts-and-achievements"]check out this knowledge base article[/url].

Would this mean that the challenge mode mounts are account wide as well?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
How does the mounts like the Carpet and the Flying machines fall in this then? From what you've said, Rygarius, we shouldn't seen them at all on other characters then the ones that have the required level in tailoring/engineering respectively to use them. Or is that no longer required? I ask because when writing this, I looked at my mount page and it said that those mounts required no professions to use, and yet i couldn't use them regardless.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
The Traveler's Tundra Mammoth (TTM), Mechano-hog/chopper should be truly account wide. This is a huge aggravation - if I had spent 200g on a mount, then whatever. But I have a solid ~35k gold tied up in these two mounts that I cannot use on the majority of my characters. I know, 35k may not be a lot to some people, but gold is relative to your situation. The point is buying a relatively expensive mount, and having to buy _the_exact_same_mount_ for the other faction ultimately does not add to the gameplay. The "faction specific mounts" like the kodos, mechano-striders and such, I get. The class mounts and profession mounts, I understand. But the TTM is literally a mount with faction specific vendors - there's little/no gameplay value by having vendors of different factions on the mount.

To further my aggravation, I purchased these mounts while pursuing the ubiquitous Mountain of Mounts achievement on this character, faction changed him to Alliance before 5.0.4, then changed him back to Horde. I almost never play Alliance and only changed him to play with some RL friends that have now moved on. Guess where all my cool mounts are? Alliance side. Away from all my Horde toons that would LOVE to use them. That's absolutely preposterous. Even this toon, the 2x faction swapped toon that bought them and got the achievement, cannot use them. That's just wrong. To add insult to injury, I have access to both the Blue and Red Dragonhawks that I received from the achievement on the respective factions. If you can do it for Dragonhawks, you can do it for the others as well.

If I had known that I'd lose access to my cool mounts when 5.0.4 hit, I would have changed him back before the patch. Now, I'm being told to buy them again and that's just a bad answer. Come on Blizzard, you know what the right thing to do is, it's not difficult to code and it's not going to fundamentally change your game. Please fix it for these mounts. You did your homework and made them "account wide", now please remove the faction restriction, it doesn't add to our gameplay and only takes away from it.

Also, I understand the back end of the game where each mount has mount ID and are unique, however I absolutely know that you can relate mounts to each other, you've already done it with the Dragonhawks.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
LOL 120k!!!! I'll buy a mammoth for 100x less...what a rip.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
10/02/2012 05:06 PMPosted by Dubbzy
Traveler's Tundra Mammoth is not account wide

Funny I only bought it once and all my toons have it. Same with the Grand Expedition Yak.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Paladin
I can use me Traveler's Tundra Mammoth , Black war bear, Mechno Hog, and the AV wolf/ram on all of my toons ally and horde but I only got them on horde toons
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage

Not true, the Pandaren Phoenixes from the challenge mode silver rewards are not account bound, which makes it impossible to earn them all on one character, which is pretty annoying. The clear answer would be to make it account bound and only ride-able by characters that have earned the achievement, and that way you can get all 4 by doing silver-modes on four alts. That or just make all 4 purchaseable once you have challenge mode achievement earned.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

Make choppers and travelers tundras acc bound kthxbai
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Does this mount fly?

Not going to blow 120k just to be on the ground >.>
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
I think the big concern is that certain mounts are actually faction-specific, even though most couldn't tell just looking at them. Are the Grand Expedition Yaks faction-specific?

Those are just some examples of mounts people were fully expecting to be account-wide, but ended up not being so due to barely-noticeable faction differences.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
10/02/2012 09:16 PMPosted by Sabatieni
Are the Grand Expedition Yaks faction-specific?

No. It's not faction-specific.
Do a quick search on the armory. There's only one version of the mount.
Reins of the Grand Expedition Yak As you can tell, there's no racial tag to it either.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]