Grand Expedition Yak account wide/bound?

90 Human Paladin
10/02/2012 05:00 PMPosted by Rygarius

Untrue.
Cloud Serpents. You need to grind the reputation to buy the cloud serpent license or some other nonsense. Hope that gets changed.

'Least thats how it was the last time I looked.

Cloud Serpent mounts are indeed account-wide. However they require the Cloud Serpent Riding skill, which is a faction requirement and character specific. Characters that meet the faction requirement will see the mount as account-wide. I’ll bring this up with our developers to see if that’s intended.

Which is completly stupid and goes against the spirit of account wide mounts. With this cloud serpent license the Developers may as well not even made them account wide, im gonna have to grind the stupid rep anyway(which i will not do for alts mind you.) Lets Talk Alani and August Celestials shall we? Good The new Rare spawn "TLPD/Aeonaxx" mount even if you get the mats to bring this serpent down to kill it you cant ride it. Know why? because you have to be exalted with the August Celestials and Order of the Cloud serpent. Also 110 Rep per Golden Lotus turn in? SERIOUSLY? who ever came up with the above mentioned things needs to go work on a different project for awhile.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage

Untrue.
Cloud Serpents. You need to grind the reputation to buy the cloud serpent license or some other nonsense. Hope that gets changed.

Cloud Serpent mounts are indeed account-wide. However they require the Cloud Serpent Riding skill, which is a faction requirement and character specific. Characters that meet the faction requirement will see the mount as account-wide. I’ll bring this up with our developers to see if that’s intended.

While you are talking to them see about having them unlock cloud serpent riding for alts as well. Its such a joy to get the MoP dungeon meta mount and find out i can't ride it because i don't have cloud serpent riding yet. Yeah that truly sucks FYI.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I can understand the rep mounts, but the serpents that come from the meta, Sha of Anger, and sources other than the Order shouldn't require Serpent training. That's stupid in my opinion.
Edited by Gothitelle on 10/3/2012 2:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
40 Pandaren Monk
But this is misleading in the same way BoA gear isn't *REALLY* bind on account. It's account-realm-wide.

It's disappointing that something hasn't been done about this yet -- whether it be really making something account wide or being more clear with the words when you purchase it

People really need to stop saying that BoA gear isn't "*REALLY*" bind on account.
BoA is exactly what it says: Bound to Battle.net account

However, BoA gear is still subject to cross realm trading restrictions.

If you want to trade BoA items cross realm, then ask for that.

But please stop saying they aren't *Really* account bound. It makes you sound like an idiot.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I'm confused. Why all the hoopla? Do you really change mounts that often to begin with? I use 2 mounts.

My Celestial Steed because I paid real money for it years ago, and frankly, it's beautiful :D

And the new RAF mount in BGs or any other place I may feel like I have to cart people around :)

I get it, I know, people spent lots of money/gold on mounts and want to use certain ones, but do you even switch them out that often?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I hear what you're saying, Suddenly, and honestly I was like you for... years. But once I started collecting mounts and spending stupid amounts of gold on them, I wanted to see/use them. I downloaded one of my favorite addons, Random Mount, that does exactly that: when I click a macro I made (/mnt, nothing fancy), it randomly chooses a mount for me to ride. I LOVE it! It may seem a bit strange to you, but with this addon I change mounts every time I mount up. Try it my friend, you may end up liking it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
It's a matter of perspective: one side says we've NEVER been able to trade cross realm, so the thought of it not *really* being BoA is dumb; the other side says that BoA literally means "Bound on Account" and since the item(s) in question are not truly accessible from anywhere (read: realm) on the account, then they're not truly account bound. It's perspective more than anything, choosing one side or the other doesn't make you an idiot. GC has said multiple times they're looking to address the issue, which I think both sides can agree on: I want to use my heirloom items on any toon I create, regardless of realm. BoA vs. BoRA is a matter of semantics.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Just think, before they added account-wide stuff, you had to go get them on every character anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/03/2012 10:29 AMPosted by Suddénly
I get it, I know, people spent lots of money/gold on mounts and want to use certain ones, but do you even switch them out that often?

Livestock. Generates a character-specific macro that will select from your mount list at random, and will correct for ground/flying/water.

You're welcome.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
People really need to stop saying that BoA gear isn't "*REALLY*" bind on account.

It should be called Bound to Server (unless you pay $25 to transfer it)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Cloud serpent riding should be account-wide otherwise I would have to gather eggs and do dailies all the time on each char I get to 90.

Downside to this is the eggs take little to respawn and always people trying to get them, I don't really want to have to collect them again on another character and ruin someones day that is trying to collect the eggs to get his serpent riding for the first time while I already did it on 1 of my character.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest

Untrue.

I literally just hit 90 and it says I've unlocked Cloud Serpent Riding. Not sure if that's a bug or not, but I haven't done any rep grinds or anything.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
10/03/2012 08:46 PMPosted by Xaruko
I would pay $50 for a flying passenger mount. Blizz store needs passenger mounts!

Buy yourself RAF, nice passenger flying mount there.

One mount that doesn't seem to be account wide is Winged Steed of the Ebon Blade.

I guess because it is considered a class mount, but I would have thought buying it with one DK would let my other DK's use it as well.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
To confirm for those nervous about it: Yes the Yak is cross faction. I purchase it with my horde toon and it is available to my ally toons on a different server.
Reply Quote
40 Pandaren Monk
10/03/2012 02:32 PMPosted by Edbagy
It's a matter of perspective: one side says we've NEVER been able to trade cross realm, so the thought of it not *really* being BoA is dumb; the other side says that BoA literally means "Bound on Account" and since the item(s) in question are not truly accessible from anywhere (read: realm) on the account, then they're not truly account bound. It's perspective more than anything, choosing one side or the other doesn't make you an idiot. GC has said multiple times they're looking to address the issue, which I think both sides can agree on: I want to use my heirloom items on any toon I create, regardless of realm. BoA vs. BoRA is a matter of semantics.

You're confusing ACCOUNT BOUND vs. ACCOUNT WIDE.
You on the idiot side.
Reply Quote
40 Pandaren Monk

ummm, no.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist or a tag to figure out that everything is "bound to server". With recent exceptions to titles, mounts, achievements and pets.

I'm all for account wide use of heirlooms.

Binds to battle.net account IS NOT equal to Account Wide.

Account wide means can be used by any character on your account.
Account bound means cannot be traded/sold to other accounts.

Why is this so difficult to understand?
Edited by Obêy on 10/3/2012 10:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

ummm, no.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that everything is "bound to server". With recent exceptions to titles, mounts, achievements and pets.

I'm all for account wide use of heirlooms.

Binds to battle.net account IS NOT equal to Account Wide.

Account wide means can be used by any character on your account.
Account bound means cannot be traded/sold to other accounts.

Why is this so difficult to understand?

Actually, why is it so difficult for you to understand what people are saying?

Something that is account wide should be available across the whole account - and, yes, on other servers. Each different server I play on is not a different account.

Account bound does mean that it can't be traded or sold to different accounts.

You seem to be the confused one here.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
10/02/2012 04:50 PMPosted by Novalas
Those mounts are account-wide on their respective faction.

That isn't account-wide, it is faction-wide. Blizzard needs to differentiate & end this confusion.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]