Grand Expedition Yak account wide/bound?

100 Human Paladin
10/03/2012 08:46 PMPosted by Xaruko
I would pay $50 for a flying passenger mount. Blizz store needs passenger mounts!

You can do this. Use the Refer-a-Friend process to start a second account, pay for two months of game time, get the RAF flying passenger mount on your main. That's how I got my X-53 rocket. I had an old code for a free account, so I didn't even have to buy the Battlechest.
Reply Quote
40 Pandaren Monk

ummm, no.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that everything is "bound to server". With recent exceptions to titles, mounts, achievements and pets.

I'm all for account wide use of heirlooms.

Binds to battle.net account IS NOT equal to Account Wide.

Account wide means can be used by any character on your account.
Account bound means cannot be traded/sold to other accounts.

Why is this so difficult to understand?

Actually, why is it so difficult for you to understand what people are saying?

Something that is account wide should be available across the whole account - and, yes, on other servers. Each different server I play on is not a different account.

Account bound does mean that it can't be traded or sold to different accounts.

You seem to be the confused one here.

Tell me where did it EVER say that battle.net account bound means account wide?

Go sit in the corner with the other dunces.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

Actually, why is it so difficult for you to understand what people are saying?

Something that is account wide should be available across the whole account - and, yes, on other servers. Each different server I play on is not a different account.

Account bound does mean that it can't be traded or sold to different accounts.

You seem to be the confused one here.

Go sit in the corner with the other dunces.

It's hilarious how you seem to thing that Account Bound and Account Wide are mutually exclusive terms, and endlessly cute how you call everybody else stupid.
Reply Quote
40 Pandaren Monk

It's hilarious how you seem to thing that Account Bound and Account Wide are mutually exclusive terms, and endlessly cute how you call everybody else stupid.

They are mutally exclusive.

The the world is full of retards, you just proved it.

For example I have companion pets that are account wide, but I can put them in a cage and sell/trade them, thus they are not account bound.

And I don't call "everybody else" stupid. Only those who can't grasp this.
Edited by Obêy on 10/3/2012 11:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Mechano hog and traveler tundra mamoth are I have them from a char on a diff server
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

They are mutally exclusive.

The the world is full of retards, you just proved it.

For example I have companion pets that are account wide, but I can put them in a cage and sell/trade them, thus they are not account bound.

And I don't call "everybody else" stupid. Only those who can't grasp this.

So let's hear about mounts.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Obey seems to think calling people names solves problems and gets his point across.

Makes you sound uneducated and a jerk.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
I wish my horde toons would have the equivalent of my Golden King mount
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Can it not be 10 million gold?
Reply Quote
40 Pandaren Monk

So let's hear about mounts.

I already have 106 mounts. I could care less about mounts anymore.

All I need is my horse and my proto drake.
Reply Quote
40 Pandaren Monk
Obey seems to think calling people names solves problems and gets his point across.

Makes you sound uneducated and a jerk.

That's the best you could come up with?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
Can we please get the follow-up?
Reply Quote
86 Human Monk
To answer your question, the Reins of the Grand Expedition Yak is account-wide.

With the exception of PvP reward mounts, all mounts are account-wide. Mounts that a character is eligible to use will be displayed in your Mount Journal. Certain mounts have profession/faction/class requirements and will only be available for characters that meet them.

As an example, Horde/Alliance faction mounts will only show up in the Mount Journals for characters of that faction.

If you’re interested in learning more about what types of mounts, pets, or achievements are account-wide, [url="https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/world-of-warcraft-accountwide-pets-mounts-and-achievements"]check out this knowledge base article[/url].

So what if I have my mechano-hog on my paladin blood elf, and I change factions to alliance (he was the original character who I made the hog for); will all my alliance characters gain the chopper and my horde characters lose out on their sweet ride? I'm just sayin, the faction equivalents of all mounts should transfer regardless; meaning I have mostly alliance characters, so imagine my surprise after I logged in to see my chopper on my characters, only to be told that it is account wide, then (through many emails and attaining a final clarification after an additional two calls and three more emails) to find out it is faction-limited was a bit of a shock to say the least, and a bit of a disappointment. Now I have to either go without (it's only a mount whatever but still..it's a SUH-WEET mount), pay the gold to get one on my alliance side (despite appearantly everyone else in this game, I don't have a silly amount of gold kicking around-in fact the 6k I DO have is now on the pally lol), or pay 50 bucks to change and xfer (well I guess just 35 to change to alliance). Kind of a bummer to get a single mount, so some clarification would be appreciated.

Thanks, and great expansion!!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
To answer your question, the Reins of the Grand Expedition Yak is account-wide.

With the exception of PvP reward mounts, all mounts are account-wide. Mounts that a character is eligible to use will be displayed in your Mount Journal. Certain mounts have profession/faction/class requirements and will only be available for characters that meet them.

As an example, Horde/Alliance faction mounts will only show up in the Mount Journals for characters of that faction.

If you’re interested in learning more about what types of mounts, pets, or achievements are account-wide, [url="https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/world-of-warcraft-accountwide-pets-mounts-and-achievements"]check out this knowledge base article[/url].

So what if I have my mechano-hog on my paladin blood elf, and I change factions to alliance (he was the original character who I made the hog for); will all my alliance characters gain the chopper and my horde characters lose out on their sweet ride? I'm just sayin, the faction equivalents of all mounts should transfer regardless; meaning I have mostly alliance characters, so imagine my surprise after I logged in to see my chopper on my characters, only to be told that it is account wide, then (through many emails and attaining a final clarification after an additional two calls and three more emails) to find out it is faction-limited was a bit of a shock to say the least, and a bit of a disappointment. Now I have to either go without (it's only a mount whatever but still..it's a SUH-WEET mount), pay the gold to get one on my alliance side (despite appearantly everyone else in this game, I don't have a silly amount of gold kicking around-in fact the 6k I DO have is now on the pally lol), or pay 50 bucks to change and xfer (well I guess just 35 to change to alliance). Kind of a bummer to get a single mount, so some clarification would be appreciated.

Thanks, and great expansion!!!!!

According to blizzards FAQ for faction transfers, mounts no longer transfer with the character transferring, so you wouldn't get the alliance equivelent of the hog, but the hog would stay on your horde mount tab.

Shame really, as I was thinking about transferring just for the Mammoth and Hog as well.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
It's a matter of perspective: one side says we've NEVER been able to trade cross realm, so the thought of it not *really* being BoA is dumb; the other side says that BoA literally means "Bound on Account" and since the item(s) in question are not truly accessible from anywhere (read: realm) on the account, then they're not truly account bound. It's perspective more than anything, choosing one side or the other doesn't make you an idiot. GC has said multiple times they're looking to address the issue, which I think both sides can agree on: I want to use my heirloom items on any toon I create, regardless of realm. BoA vs. BoRA is a matter of semantics.

You're confusing ACCOUNT BOUND vs. ACCOUNT WIDE.
You on the idiot side.

I don't appreciate being called an idiot, I was attempting to have a civilized conversation and your remark was uncalled for. Also, it's "you're", not "you". If you're going to call someone an idiot, make sure you use the correct grammar in doing so.

On topic, if you would like to argue the semantics of account wide vs. account bound, I'm open to discuss them.
Edited by Edbagy on 10/4/2012 2:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Death Knight
I say make another class that call vampires their stoy that they been hideing under everone nosies.they have the ability to shapeshifter.they have by looking for ancient spell to bing back arthas and the serge and they are found out because one of the general's friends gones missing and they found his friend life less and two puncture wounds they see a person running.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
10/02/2012 05:06 PMPosted by Dubbzy
Traveler's Tundra Mammoth is not account wide

Yes it is.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
10/06/2012 04:37 PMPosted by Fastaloth
I say make another class that call vampires their stoy that they been hideing under everone nosies.they have the ability to shapeshifter.they have by looking for ancient spell to bing back arthas and the serge and they are found out because one of the general's friends gones missing and they found his friend life less and two puncture wounds they see a person running.

On to my next point...Do not smoke crack.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Mounts

Account-wide mounts work similarly to account-wide pets. Unlike the Pet Journal, the Mount Journal will only display mounts that are accessible by the character you are currently playing.

Mounts have the following restrictions:
Profession-restricted mounts can only be used by characters with the appropriate profession level though they will appear for all characters on the account.

Faction-specific mounts can only be used by characters of that faction.

Class-specific mounts can only be used by characters of that class.

PvP reward mounts can only be used by the character that obtained them originally.

The Winged Steed of the Ebon Blade is not useable by all DK's on the account. I have 2 DK's on my one account. The one DK can use the mount the other one can not, even though he has the proper flying trained and everything.
Reply Quote
12 Blood Elf Priest
10/03/2012 11:00 PMPosted by Obêy

Blizzard itself created the confusion when they created "Bind to Account" pets and mounts that spawned in the mailbox of every toon on your account (regardless of when they were created, or on what server) and then used the exact same nomenclature to describe "Bind to Account" heirlooms that worked in a much different way. No one is an "idiot" simply for finding inconsistency in that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]