Just The Hunter and His Pet - Soloing Guide

(Sticky)

100 Draenei Hunter
Nice guide. Didn't read all of it but what I did read was pretty much exactly what I suggest to other hunters who want to solo things.

Glyph of misdirection is my best friend, I never do anything without it.

Even tanked a boss in a heroic dungeon run today because the tank threw a tantrum and refused to move (and vote to kick failed... must have had a friend in group w/ him). Nobody took any damage (aggro was on my pet 100% of the time), turtle only dropped under 50% once (forgot to refresh mend) and healer just sat back and relaxed while I burned the boss.

The reason hunter = my favorite class is the capability to do something like that.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Wish someone would write a guide like this for Mages (hint, hint).
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
So much good info. Thanks to all for sharing your tips.
Reply Quote
75 Orc Warrior
what kinds of boss pets are there and were can we find them
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
I've been soloing for quite some time, and I've always enjoyed it.
There are some easy fights out there, and some tricky ones.

For me I have been able to solo;
Every vanilla raid.
Every burning crusade raid.
Every wrath of the lich king raid.
First boss in firelands.
I've solo'd 2 MoP heroic bosses.
--
I've also solo'd 10man heroic ICC.
25 man heroic up to dreamwalker.
25 man Uludar.

Only fight I've been BM for was Dreamwalker and Lich king. Other than that, everything has been in survival with the Misdirection, mending glyph with the Animal Bound talent and a turtle pet.
Edited by Caliber on 6/19/2013 3:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
63 Night Elf Hunter
THIS TITLE IS SEXIST!!! lol jk girls don't play WoW.

Sexist
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
Is there any point anymore to wearing the two piece t5 armor(shoulders/hands) anymore for the 15% healing it provides to your pet?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
I dont know if hes back yet, but last I heard, the OP had quit the game. Anyone know his status? I even went to his server, made a lowbie alt and ran to the nearest mailbox , dying frequently JUST to mail him and beg him to not leave us as we valued his knowledge for our class.

Every great hunter that ever existed and helped us with tips has quit the game.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
roar of Recovery has gone for a long time.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
I know it's prolly in this forum somewhere, but what would y'all say the best choice for the tier 2 talent would be now that they've taken out Silencing Shot?
Reply Quote
Personally I like Wyvern sting because it's an on demand 30 second CC, which is useful in crisis situations.
Reply Quote
65 Pandaren Monk
With that said, I would not recommend a cunning pet for most soloing purposes.

Imma let you finish, but the cunning group are the best soloing pets of all time. OF ALL TIME.
Edited by Goldentender on 11/8/2013 10:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Personally I like Wyvern sting because it's an on demand 30 second CC, which is useful in crisis situations.

It's excellent for that, yeah. I find myself using Intimidation more, but if I were better about swapping talents on the fly, Wyvern Sting would be getting more use from me. :)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
yep
Reply Quote
So, I decided to come here post-6.0.2 to try and figure out what I'm doing wrong.....
Buddy of mine solo'd a bunch of Cata raids on Heroic mode (October 15), on his warrior, WITH the legendary cloak.

He said he was able to burn down EVERY boss within 10 seconds. I decided to give Heroic BoT a shot, only to discover that the first boss is still scary-hard. I mean seriously, he eats my pet within a matter of seconds, then burns my hunter down in almost same amount of time.

Since none of my characters have a legendary cloak, I'm curious if THAT REALLY make the difference, in just being able to survive, or if it's REALLY that big of a difference between Normal and Heroic - even now after patch 6.0.2.

I took my Prot warrior in there last night, Normal mode however since I've never done the raid before on him, solo'd it within 20 minutes. His iLevel is even lower than my hunters, and again, NO legendary cloak!

I would have made a separate post/thread, but I figured people would just post replies, not to be helpful and actually GIVE any advice or help, but to say "THERE'S A SOLOING GUIDE THREAD RAWWWRRRRR GO READ THAT SH!T FOR TWO HOURS AND GET CONFUSED AND NOT SURE WHAT EXACTLY YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO DO, OR POST THIS POST AS A REPLY TO THAT THREAD RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR"
since that's all forum-posters really know how to do if you make your own "Help/Advice Request" thread.
Edited by Balimauladad on 10/17/2014 3:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
I cant make my pet fight with, me and I
dont know how to fix it
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Hunters, as of the current patch, are far from being the solo kings now. Rogues top us, as do DK's and warriors.
Reply Quote
26 Draenei Priest
I'm gonna go ahead and update this for all Legacy raids at lv. 100:

How to solo legacy raids at lv. 100:
Walk through everything and kill it all in 5 seconds.
Reply Quote
31 Pandaren Warrior
I have a hunter and a boar pet but I am trying to tame another pet and I have 2 call spots for calling my pets.
I am wonder where I have 2 pictures of boars in the 2 call spots how do I erase 1?
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
Thanks for the guide!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]