Warriors completely broken?

90 Undead Warrior
10/02/2012 02:52 PMPosted by Orochímaru
Anyone else seeing this? First day of arenas, Warriors are globaling all.

That's only true when you're talking about a fully honor geared warrior with 1-2 pc of conq gear going up against players in crafted blues with a couple pieces of honor gear (or less).

Don't judge based on gear disparity. Warlocks are actually the highest damage potential in arena right now, destro and UA (doesn't matter) both extremely high and pretty similar (maybe UA is slightly ahead but hard to judge yet).

Playing against shadowplay with multiglad spriest and shaman from my server with a totally new warlock on their team the lock doubled the spriests damage (spriest was slightly above me but my gear is bad in comparison) every single game and we played at least 5 games against eachother. The lock is mglad on his rogue but by no means experienced as a warlock as this is his first season, he shouldn't be doubling the mglad spriests damage, that is insane. Especially since we spent the majority of our time ON the warlock or shaman because spriests are just so hard to kill until they do the lifeswap.
Edited by Babypuke on 10/2/2012 8:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
10/02/2012 03:11 PMPosted by Dredizzle
it will be balanced at 90
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
10/02/2012 03:38 PMPosted by Dualshadow
Looking at all these posts... If they nerf warriors or any other class before they nerf Mages or Warlocks i'll probably just quit.

Are you joking? I have no problems with mages and warlocks. Sure they deal lots of damage but they also take a lot. As for the warriors hitting too hard; I completely agree that they needed a buff but I'm not sure that they needed such a big buff that they can 1 shot people..
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
What you have here is once again a design philosophy that is based upon giving warriors a weakness to CC and relatively lower uptime as a reasult, but at the same time giving us devastating damage when we are able to catch a target and do damage.
Until this philosophy changes, warriors will once again be strong at start until multiple nerfs to our burst (without any adjustments to our uptime) will make us useless like cata all over again.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
10/02/2012 07:10 PMPosted by Girthz
warrs are NOT broken u bads--BM HUNTERS AND MAGES ARE FUKN BROKEN

harp derp hurp look at them! they're op not me!
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqdeNrN_xFs&feature=player_embedded
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
10/02/2012 07:40 PMPosted by Zin
*Tries to talk but can't be heard over my 3k corruption ticks*

Sad day, sad sad day.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Lol no we are not broken! We are just viable now and you can't just stand there and tank us like you used to or you will get your face ripped off :-)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
10/02/2012 08:43 PMPosted by Babypuke
Anyone else seeing this? First day of arenas, Warriors are globaling all.

That's only true when you're talking about a fully honor geared warrior with 1-2 pc of conq gear going up against players in crafted blues with a couple pieces of honor gear (or less).

Don't judge based on gear disparity. Warlocks are actually the highest damage potential in arena right now, destro and UA (doesn't matter) both extremely high and pretty similar (maybe UA is slightly ahead but hard to judge yet).

heres a combat log SS of what happened to me during arena today

http://imageshack.us/a/img705/626/niceb.png

im at 55% resil, and based off how it scales, current numbers and the PTR, getting above 65% reduction is going to be nearly impossible with full gear.

that warrior in the SS is also using a blue sword from a random heroic, wtf is going to happen when warriors get their tier 2 weapons? do you think damage is going to magically sort itself out once players get a few extra % worth of resil in full gear?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
They are absolutely completely broken, yes.

I literally was at 10% one match vs warrior disc (the disc wasn't even dpsing me) before I could control my character after the initial charge.

I didn't hit you THAT hard
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
10/02/2012 07:40 PMPosted by Zin
*Tries to talk but can't be heard over my 3k corruption ticks*

nice! mine are only 2200 on average.

meanwhile 5,000-10,000 deep-wound ticks
Edited by Betelgeus on 10/3/2012 5:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I love the tears! Keep crying boys, it makes us warriors smile :-)
Reply Quote
I got hit today with a chaos bolt for 140k dmg while in 4 honor items, 2 crafted, trink and PROT SPEC....

so...........

ya...........
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

Blizzard essentially took all the stunlock crap from rogues and gave them to warriors, and yet if you visit their forums, they STILL think that they've been nerfed to the ground. Crazy..

Warrior players have always had a persecution complex. They always believe they're the weakest class when they're almost always a top tier class.

Accept, when they aren't, which was every season but the first in Cata. www.arenastats.com still shows where warriors were standing. 2% and dead last? Thats a top tier class? How is dead last top tier?

I havn't had the time to level my warrior, and I definetely hope to see things be balanced, but its day 2 of the season... Relax folks.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
10/03/2012 02:07 AMPosted by Grindaah
Looking at all these posts... If they nerf warriors or any other class before they nerf Mages or Warlocks i'll probably just quit.

Are you joking? I have no problems with mages and warlocks. Sure they deal lots of damage but they also take a lot. As for the warriors hitting too hard; I completely agree that they needed a buff but I'm not sure that they needed such a big buff that they can 1 shot people..

I hope you're not basing that opinion on this character, because you've never been past 1500 rating... I mean you DO need to have some perspective before being allowed to just spew BS.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]