Mana Tide not giving mana?

90 Goblin Shaman
Have there been any changes to mana tide? When I cast it, I do not get any mana back.
Reply Quote
They changed mana tide to just provide a super spirit boost. It's a terrible change in my opinion.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Oh... in my current gear(the best questing gives!) I only get 23k mana... I didn't notice.

Thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
It's a 200% spirit boost so returns are based on MP5. Flasked and fed i run at 14k combat regen so i will take 28k mp5 every three minutes.
Edited by Harpoa on 10/3/2012 5:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Shaman
10/03/2012 05:20 AMPosted by Harpoa
It's a 200% spirit boost so returns are based on MP5. Flasked and fed i run at 14k combat regen so i will take 28k mp5 every three minutes.

I'm shocked to hear you say this. You've been around long enough to know this isn't how it works.

Mana Tide provides 200% Spirit specifically, not 200% Combat Regen.

For example, I'm sitting at about 10k Spirit when flasked. Mana Tide thus provides ~20k Spirit for 16 seconds. At an in-combat rate of 0.5568, this is ~11.1k MP5 for 16 seconds (35.6k total mana regen).

Please note that with these numbers, I am Spirit stacking. The average shaman's returns in current gear will be lower.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
10/03/2012 07:25 AMPosted by Caleko
I'm shocked to hear you say this. You've been around long enough to know this isn't how it works.

Yeah my brain is working this morning.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Wow, so it seems like MTT is not really all that great. I try to use it on CD if I am less than 85% mana or thereabouts. It doesnt seem to do all that much for me but I figured it would improve with gear. But here a shaman with 10k spirit is only getting 11k mp5 or so? I must say at this time, it seems that MTT is lagging behind compared to other healers ways of getting mana.

(please note that I do not have any hard evidence nor do I "know" alot about other healers and their mana return systems. I only know what I have been told by folks who play those classes and what I read in various threads about the maths for the mana returns systems for different classes. If I am wrong and MTT is fan-freaking-tastic than I apologize and will study harder in the future! ;p)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]