MM Hunters: Dire Beast or Thrill of the Hunt?

90 Tauren Hunter
In PvE, which skill would be better? I currently use Dire Beast, which was recommended by Hunters' Union , but I saw another guide recommend Thrill of the Hunt to help make up for lost DPS with Steady Shot and AoE bursts.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
10/03/2012 09:16 AMPosted by Bullderp
In PvE, which skill would be better? I currently use Dire Beast, which was recommended by Hunters' Union , but I saw another guide recommend Thrill of the Hunt to help make up for lost DPS with Steady Shot and AoE bursts.

Steady Shot

Bad news, bro...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
Bad news, bro...

I know... but I'm a rather stubborn cow and refuse BM. I've been toying with going SV but I'd like to stick with MM until 90 to see if that makes a difference with the next talent available and when I can finally reforge my gear to be worth a darn.

MM does better in PVE with focus on demand like direbeast or even fervor. Thrill of the hunt is nice for AOE, but using it on single target makes you miss out on steady shots for the haste and on MMM stacks.

Makes sense. Didn't think about losing SS stacks. I mentioned in another thread that I have a BM friend that is about the same ilvl as myself. She does awesome AoE damage in instances...usually twice as much as myself, but in single targeting and boss fights I usually beat her out by a significant portion. So like I said above, I may just see how something like Barrage may help out my DPS in AoE groups...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
Ah you know what, I'm mistaken. She IS SV hunter, not BM. Sorry.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]