pvp on normal server for world raid bosses?

100 Tauren Druid
we are on a normal server so i dont get why when alliance flag themselves while we are doing a world raid boss then they run in our aoe and if we tab target and accidently hit them our whole raid gets flagged then they come in and wipe us. we would have got the boss down but they came and stole the kill, how does that seem fair? there is a reason we are on a normal server because we dont want world pvp, this seems like a broken mechanic for these outdoor raid bosses....
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Looks like you answered your own question. They wiped you so they could kill it.
Edited by Illifra on 10/3/2012 3:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The stupidity of world bosses is why they were taken out in the first place, I dont know why they think todays players are any less troublesome than the players 6 years ago.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
10/03/2012 03:18 PMPosted by Sarosha
The stupidity of world bosses is why they were taken out in the first place, I dont know why they think todays players are any less troublesome than the players 6 years ago.

Because, the playerbase is improving.

In reality, world bosses were dropped because everyone wanted a special snowflake trophy
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
10/03/2012 03:07 PMPosted by Illifra
Looks like you answered your own question. They wiped you so they could kill it.
um his question was not WHY they came to wipe them, his question was WHY were they ABLE to wipe them since it is NOT a pvp server?
Reply Quote
There are too many ways even as little as 2 or 3 opposing faction can either wipe the raid, reset the boss, or just make it impossible to do.

we had one rogue who kept hiding and tagging just as we went to pull, and he was horde just being a jerk.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
10/03/2012 03:34 PMPosted by Zaxan
um his question was not WHY they came to wipe them, his question was WHY were they ABLE to wipe them since it is NOT a pvp server?

People because flagged themselves.

Flagging yourself or your raid on a pve server turns the solution into a pvp one.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
People because flagged themselves.Flagging yourself or your raid on a pve server turns the solution into a pvp one.

Except they did not intend to be flagged. If I'm fighting a world boss and drop death and decay (which is a normal part of unholy's ratation) right as a flagged horde player runs into it, I become flagged. It was not my intention to be flagged, but the horde player took advantage of game mechanics. I believe this is what the OP is complaining about.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/04/2012 06:41 AMPosted by Vyeeria
People because flagged themselves.Flagging yourself or your raid on a pve server turns the solution into a pvp one.

Except they did not intend to be flagged. If I'm fighting a world boss and drop death and decay (which is a normal part of unholy's ratation) right as a flagged horde player runs into it, I become flagged. It was not my intention to be flagged, but the horde player took advantage of game mechanics. I believe this is what the OP is complaining about.

I remember read in FAQ about this and blizzard said work as intented.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
10/04/2012 06:41 AMPosted by Vyeeria

Untargetted aoes don't flag you.
Reply Quote
10/04/2012 05:12 PMPosted by Postonforums

Untargetted aoes don't flag you.

The game is rather stupid.

Sometimes even if you dont target the player it flags you anyway.
Ive gotten flagged from swiping mobs near a flagged person.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/03/2012 03:29 PMPosted by Postonforums
world bosses were dropped because everyone wanted a special snowflake trophy

Honestly, i think it's more the loot + how often you're expected to do it.

I don't remember a single thread on whaleshark griefing. If it were just a trophy, it'd probably be much less QQ.

high population interested (and able)+ relatively short respawn (in farmable range, but not farmable enough that everyone will get it)+ good loot makes it difficult+ having to compete instead of work together is a recipe we haven't had in wow. Maybe in EQ/FF, but not since then.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]