Blood: Sudden health loss

90 Human Priest
A friend of mine plays a blood DK, and we've been running dungeons pretty regularly the last few days. We noticed tonight that his health has dropped about 80k from yesterday.

The runs we did last night fully buffed, he had 610k health. Now it's 538k. He hasn't changed gear at all, no piece is broken, he's definitely in blood presence, and he hasn't changed his weapon enchant. I thought it might've been a temporary debuff from a mob (the first time we noticed it was the beginning of Shado-pan), but we just queued again, and it was 538 without pulling anything.

Am I missing something? I'm pretty sure I've thought of anything it could be, but I might be wrong. He's even tried switching presences and going between one zone and another.

Thanks
Edited by Alaethia on 10/3/2012 7:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
If he had pvp gear on it lost stats.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
He's in full 450-463 blues, no pvp gear at all.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Ok. Whats his hp outside dungeons? Remember when you use the dungeon finder it gives you a stamina buff of various levels that changes depending on how many random players your grouped with. Thats the only possible thing I could think of, other then a change to his gear.
Reply Quote
55 Troll Death Knight
Can we see his armory?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Here's his armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/greymane/Lunalea/simple

Self-buffed (just blood presence), his health is 502k, 432k without presence.

I thought it might be the buff from the dungeon finder, but I distinctly remember seeing his health at 610k when I was in the instance with him, and we're the only two people in our guild with 90s that can get in heroics, so we didn't have some random person with us.

I don't think it's a gear change, as the only two pieces he got in the last 24h were direct ilevel upgrades: the valor neck and the 463 gloves.

One question: does the dungeon finder give you the Luck of the Draw buff based solely on the group you queue with, or might someone in the random group from the same server as you affect it?

Thanks for all your time everyone, I appreciate it.
Edited by Alaethia on 10/3/2012 7:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
55 Troll Death Knight
Do you know if he had ever used Stone Skin Gargoyle over Swordshattering ever?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
10/03/2012 07:58 PMPosted by Jäckßäuer
Do you know if he had ever used Stone Skin Gargoyle over Swordshattering ever?

It isn't the weapon enchant, he's been running Swordshattering since he hit 90
Reply Quote
55 Troll Death Knight
I couldn't tell you what then.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
are you healing or dpsing? Couldve been the temp. health from shamans
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
10/03/2012 10:21 PMPosted by Texasdan
There's no way he had that much HP without buffs, then. I'm in basically all 463s (450 boots, but 476 neck) and I'm right at 500k. From what you're saying it sounds like he had luck of the draw or some other buffs. I've noticed no HP loss either.

Alright. So that pretty much settles it. You're right; that amount of stam just doesn't exist in this ilevel. We had a mutual delusion and next we're gonna get kidnapped by aliens together or something.

Thanks for all your help, everyone. Good luck.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
10/03/2012 10:34 PMPosted by Alaethia
and next we're gonna get kidnapped by aliens together or something.
That happened to me once.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I can get over 600k in 5 mans easy. I'm at 491k unbuffed. 521 with a flask.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight

Alright. So that pretty much settles it. You're right; that amount of stam just doesn't exist in this ilevel. We had a mutual delusion and next we're gonna get kidnapped by aliens together or something.

Thanks for all your help, everyone. Good luck.

Now that's the spirit! Some people were actually giving you some things to possibly look into and you throw a passive aggressive sarcasm fit!

When you realize that you're overreacting to people's opinions, check to see that his meta is active. If it still is, then I'm gonna have to side with everyone else that maybe it was just the benefit of more luck of the draw stacks, a food buff, or some other buff you may have overlooked.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Now that's the spirit! Some people were actually giving you some things to possibly look into and you throw a passive aggressive sarcasm fit!

When you realize that you're overreacting to people's opinions, check to see that his meta is active. If it still is, then I'm gonna have to side with everyone else that maybe it was just the benefit of more luck of the draw stacks, a food buff, or some other buff you may have overlooked.

A bit of self-deprecating humor does not equal a passive-aggressive sarcasm fit. I realize you don't get tone, but that conclusion is a bit much, I think, based on the content of the posts so far.

Also, yea, it definitely was Luck of the Draw. I didn't catch it because it works a bit differently than I thought it did.
Reply Quote
55 Troll Death Knight
10/03/2012 10:58 PMPosted by Ohgodfleas
That happened to me once.

Do tell.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
i noticed this while lvling actually idk wat happened but i went from 356k to 314k then it randomly popped up to 335k midway throught the dungeon then went back up again near the end, it was in the monastery at lvl 88, i only noticed cause my healer was telling me i was taking a ton of damage with full party buffs and all
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]