Monk tanks and raiding?

90 Pandaren Monk
I've been hearing all kinds of hearsay about Monks being !@#$ty raid tanks. Anyone have any experience with it yet? We have NO armor skills, which is concerning. Bear tanks have the 400% armor thing.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I'm doing fine. Not taking much spike damage at all, good cooldowns, and roll makes for an awesome positioning tool and getting out of bad stuff tool.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Thus far I enjoy it. Skill > class limitations. Wish gear would drop more for me, but... it is what it is. There is some spike damage, but overall it isn't too bad.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I was expecting Monks to be really great adds tanks because of their kiting ability with roll and Dizzying Haze. Anyone seeing this happening?
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
I'm doing fine raid scene, slightly squishy but only spike on heavy magic fights. My issue is only mistweaver gear dropping for me. As far as druid it's because they need it to survive damage between rage building. Druid tank was my main before rerolling monk
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]