JC Panthers

90 Draenei Death Knight
So I was thinking about this and I realized, there should be a FoS for getting all of them and it should be called "Defender of the Universe".

Please implement.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
considering the orb of mystery cost 20K from a vendor
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I disagree. I thought Blizz finally gave us jewel crafters a way to make some better gold. especially since the 463 gear is gem-less, thus making our profession almost null and void. Then to see the 417 gems being sold below vendor price in the AH has ticked me off to no end. But then to put the price of 20K on the orb of mystery has made it impossible to sell the flying panther mounts. Sorry but I will buy the 3 seater mammoth before I even waste the gems on a the new panther mounts.

I'm not kidding. I make better gold vendoring the new gems than selling them at the AH. The Undercutting on Borean Tundra server Has destroyed the gem market that was once there. It wasn't great in CATA but as of now it's ruined.

An FoS for making them ? LOL Nice try. Sorry but with the task of lvling so many of my toons to 90 and gearing them correctly. I would be a moron to spend 20k on the orbs, not to mention wasting the gems on mounts that aren't selling.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Your bling for having them is pretty much the jeweled panther.

I disagree. I thought Blizz finally gave us jewel crafters a way to make some better gold. especially since the 463 gear is gem-less, thus making our profession almost null and void. Then to see the 417 gems being sold below vendor price in the AH has ticked me off to no end. But then to put the price of 20K on the orb of mystery has made it impossible to sell the flying panther mounts. Sorry but I will buy the 3 seater mammoth before I even waste the gems on a the new panther mounts.

I'm not kidding. I make better gold vendoring the new gems than selling them at the AH. The Undercutting on Borean Tundra server Has destroyed the gem market that was once there. It wasn't great in CATA but as of now it's ruined.

An FoS for making them ? LOL Nice try. Sorry but with the task of lvling so many of my toons to 90 and gearing them correctly. I would be a moron to spend 20k on the orbs, not to mention wasting the gems on mounts that aren't selling.

Well, he said getting them, not making them. They're fun mounts. I wouldn't dream of making one to sell--far too expensive for the small chance for them to sell.

Some 417 gems on my server sell for 80-300g. Others go for 3g. Not a bad market. Not great, but not bad.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
There's a precedent for it—there are achievements for the super-expensive mounts in WotLK (mekgineer's chopper / mechano-hog) and Cataclysm (vial of the sands).
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
So I was thinking about this and I realized, there should be a FoS for getting all of them and it should be called "Defender of the Universe".

Please implement.

hehe, because "And I'll form the head!" was already taken.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
12/06/2012 04:24 PMPosted by Marciustur

I may be wrong but there may be an achievement for making the jeweled onyx panther, being that it takes all 4 of the lesser panther mounts to make it.

But that's 100K for all the orbs it took to make it, not to mention all the other mats, that will take months to gather since Blizz has already nerfed the mining noles to the point that they are practically nonexistent now.
Edited by Meithreus on 12/8/2012 10:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
12/08/2012 10:32 AMPosted by Meithreus

I may be wrong but there may be an achievement for making the jeweled onyx panther, being that it takes all 4 of the lesser panther mounts to make it.

But that's 100K for all the orbs it took to make it, not to mention all the other mats, that will take months to gather since Blizz has already nerfed the mining noles to the point that they are practically nonexistent now.

I had one within the first month or so of MoP, trust me there is no FoS or achievement like there is for the other 2 mounts.

If you "just" make the jeweled panther (so no duplicates of the "mats" panthers) and farm the mats, its still 72k for the orbs (after the guild perk). This is just shy of twice as much as what the drake sells for on my server and almost five times as much as the chopper, which both have achievements to go with them.

OT: anyone else think it needs to be reskined? It just seemed to be a bit low rez among other things for the cost, and undertaking of making one.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]