Possible overheating issue only during WoW

90 Tauren Shaman
Picked up a new PC about 2 months ago.
Runs Borderlands 2 at highest settings with no issues, Battlefield 3 at max with no issues, Skyrim at max with no issues, but when playing WoW on Ultra occasionally the screen will go black, sound from game and Youtube/Mediaplayer will continue for approx 5-10 seconds then the PC will shutdown and restart. From my point of view this seems like my PC is overheating. I have a temp monitor running and my card is sitting at around 40C when not running anything, and going up to 60-70C during gameplay, but I've never been able to see the temperature at time of crash since the screen cuts out. Ironic isn't it. After restarting there isn't any error messages or anything appearing.

Basic specs are as follows;

Intel i7 3770 @ 3.4GHz
16GB DDR3 RAM (2x 8GB)
240GB SSD
Asus GTX660Ti
Case is a Thermaltake Level 10GT Full tower with plenty of space to keep air circulating.

I've lowered WoW to High from Ultra and it seems to be doing the trick.
My tower is located on top of my desk with plenty of breathing room. All drivers and such are up to date. And as I said previously other games are having no such issue at max settings.

Any suggestions as to whats going on? If someone more tech savvy then I can identify this as something other then a overheating issue I'd love to hear theories.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]