When will Priests get fixed?

1 Human Priest
Im not playing LFR with all the other fails this expansion. But PuGs arent taking priests and guilds are only recruiting resto druids, MW monks, and Holy paladins. I mean look at these stats its just garbage:

Below is the WoL top 40 breakdown in 25 mans for every boss:

The Stone Guard:
Not a single Priest in the top 40

Gara'jal the Spiritbinder
2 priests in the top 40

Elegon
2 priests in the top 40

Feng The Accursed
2 priests in the top 40

The Spirit Kings
1 priest in the top 40

Will of the Emperor
2 priests in the top 40

So out of 240 healers only 9 are priests or less than 4%. We have 2 specs and only 4% of healers on the list are priests and disc wasnt even there they were all Holy. Am I the only one that sees a problem with this. Pelase tell me Blizzard looks at stuff like WoL? Will they fix this before 5.1 or should I just reroll monk or druid and not waste months of being turned down by guilds and PuGs, even though I have the gear, until they feel like rolling out a class balancing patch?
Edited by Saiina on 10/4/2012 5:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Death Knight
The sooner we admit defeat, The sooner it will feel better, Mayaswell reroll now.
Reply Quote
5 Dwarf Priest
10/04/2012 05:33 AMPosted by Dethsport
The sooner we admit defeat, The sooner it will feel better, Mayaswell reroll now.

He is correct. Healing Priest problems are structural.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Shamans were gimped for most of cata. And most of wrath for that matter. Though i agree that priests could use a little more throughput i don't believe the sky is falling. Rerolling is admitting defeat, over come your weaknesses. I never had an issue finding guilds in 4.1 or 4.2. If you're looking to be in a world top 100 guild i get it, if not, well just keep on keeping on.
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Death Knight
I'm sorry you are telling me to get over my weaknesses?

Feng the accursed

3 healers in a 10 man team, All in 463 gear

Resto sham

Peak 190k
second phase average 94k
third phase average 82k
Overall average 71k

holy priest
Peak 60k
Second phase average 54k
Third phase average 48k
Overall average 46k

Disc priest
Peak 74k
Second phase average 68k
third phase average 44k
Overall average 45k

Explain to me how i am supposed to beat that? NO REALLY COME ON DO IT.

Priests are so terribly broken against everything else it's not funny.

Our weakness is exceptionaly poor class design, Exceptionaly poor structure, Exceptionally poor balancing, You cannot overcome these things no matter how much raw regen and awesome skills you throw at it.

Every wipe including our kill had the same/similar results, Priests are taking it up the rear right now, And a lot of them are being benched from high end raiding guilds like myself due to poor design.
Edited by Dethsport on 10/4/2012 6:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
10/04/2012 05:57 AMPosted by Dethsport

Well if your biggest concern are numbers than i guess you should reroll. All i was saying is that it took 2 expacs for shaman to get semi reworked. The title of the thread is when will priests get fixed. Was just throwing in perspective.

And we are bringing a disc priest with us currently and haven't thought of sitting him. Though we will likely have to sit one healer for the 5th boss.

edit: and btw if those healing numbers are correct you are doing something mechanically wrng that has nothing to do with healing. From my recollection i did around 40k the pally around 33k and the disc at 29 k when we killed Feng.
Edited by Harpoa on 10/4/2012 6:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Death Knight
There are multiple strats to down feng and how to handle his Aoe, this is the most healing intensive and the fastest method of killing him, Priests can't even hope to keep up with shamans, Let alone monks, Explain that?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
We are bringing a priest. Like he said, if you are trying to get in to a top 100 then yeah you are probably screwed like we were last expac. However, especially now-a-days, healers are in short supply let alone priests.

Our 10 man is composed of me, a disc priest and a holy pally/resto druid. Priests aren't THAT far off the mark, they need some work but it's not like NO ONE will take a priest. Do what I've had to do in the past, bust your !@# and prove your worth as much as any other healer. As long as the encounter dies, who gives a $%^- about the numbers (As long as they aren't THAT far off) and our priest is good enough to be right on my *!@ most of the fight. He doesn't piss and moan about buffs, he plays his class and plays it well.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
10/04/2012 06:15 AMPosted by Dethsport
There are multiple strats to down feng and how to handle his Aoe, this is the most healing intensive and the fastest method of killing him, Priests can't even hope to keep up with shamans, Let alone monks, Explain that?

Yeah but in most normal standings priests will kick my !@# in single target efficiency. I can do it, to be sure. But I can't do it half as well. What's your point?

All I'm hearing is WAH WAH my healer can't do it all... Are you a BC paladin by any chance?
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Death Knight
10/04/2012 06:19 AMPosted by Chainfeels

Yeah but in most normal standings priests will kick my !@# in single target efficiency. I can do it, to be sure. But I can't do it half as well. What's your point?

All I'm hearing is WAH WAH my healer can't do it all... Are you a BC paladin by any chance?

BC paladins were the greatest tank healers right up until sunwell where they hit the flash of light spellpower co ef cap, And even then they were exceptionaly strong.

PRiests are the bottom of the pack by a signifigant amount, No raid leader in their right mind would take a priest, And many guilds have shown this mine included, You wanna see how bad it is? Go check world of logs, A single disc priest in the top 100? 5 total if you include holy, And all are on the bottom of the charts?

Stop acting like there isn't everything wrong when the class is fundamentaly broken.
Reply Quote
71 Draenei Hunter
My guild went 4 /6 last night with a disc priest / resto druid combo. Both healers had pretty even HPS the entire run. I think a lot of the "Priests are broken!" talk is coming from people that haven't actually tried raiding on them.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
No it's going on what they read from the top 100. No actual experience. Our priest is doing just fine as well.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
TF
10/04/2012 06:39 AMPosted by Sockmouth
My guild went 4 /6 last night with a disc priest / resto druid combo. Both healers had pretty even HPS the entire run. I think a lot of the "Priests are broken!" talk is coming from people that haven't actually tried raiding on them.

Have you taken a second to wonder why they're running similar numbers? Have you looked at both their mana pools after each fight? Come back to me with the numbers when HMs (higher healing requirements) are released next week.
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest

Well if your biggest concern are numbers

What else keeps people alive?

Really so all the priest healers in the top world guilds are just bad and need to L2play? Priests are at the 4th and 5th spots when you pull up guild WoL parses in almost every single fight. L2play isnt going to fix a damn thing. Blizzard needs to L2balance.
Edited by Saiina on 10/4/2012 8:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I think I'm grateful this morning that my guild isn't a top raiding guild as I read through these kinds of threads and work through the gimped mechanics right now. My GM wouldn't bench me ever. We have been very slowly moving up in the ranks after taking over previous management where raiding came to a screaming halt. We also aren't raiding MoP yet (yep slow guildies), and I'm sure we're in for a HUGE surprise as we push on. But I do know that as long as we DO move on and defeat bosses; the HPS won't be the overall target. (For me personally however, I'd like to do my damnedest to make sure I pull all I can!)

I feel for the priests in the top guilds that are being benched right now through no fault of their own. Not cool. And I sincerely hope that Priests get some tweaking SOON by Blizz.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
10/04/2012 08:34 AMPosted by Saiina
Really so all the priest healers in the top world guilds are just bad and need to L2play?

No, all the healers in top guilds have 3-4 healing classes that are ready to go at a moments notice and are going to play the class the gives them the slightest advantage.
Reply Quote
The problem is when those top people, along with players like myself who have played (originally) on a priest for 4 years or so, playing to the top of our game, practicing on the beta, etc. etc. are getting absolutely destroyed in terms of both HPS and efficiency by equally geared and skilled players on different classes.

I might not be a world top raider, hard mode killer right off the bat, but I do know how to play a holy priest, and managed to do ok at cata launch on mine if i blew hymn, shadowfiend on cd, potion of concentration, and really worked hard to triage things (including dancing between IF and IW on a per-spell basis). But my experiences in beta, even after the "buff" of 10% mana cost reduction, just made me sad/angry/disappointed that the developers were not listening to us or paying attention to the data presented.

It is even MORE disheartening when lesser geared/skilled players can keep up or surpass us.

There were some logs posted for LFR on beta I believe of a blood DK outhealing priests...
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

There were some logs posted for LFR on beta I believe of a blood DK outhealing priests...

Sounds like doing BGs as Alliance. I was always top healer on my DK rofl. such bads.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest

You are in a 10man. Very different than what the OP talked about.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
Also, I think Disc is in a seriously bad place. We have 1 raid wide heal with varying CD/effectiveness. We are the only healer without a smart heal (atonement doesn't count because it heals for a pittance). We are the only healer without a raid heal.

And yes output matters when you don't have the ability to keep your target alive. Output matters when your raid is getting smashed and you are the only healer who CAN'T heal the raid effectively.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]