When will Priests get fixed?

90 Human Monk
I'm not sure if using Feng is the best sample. If you are stacking up and healing, you aren't going to be as effective as other healers. This isn't any different than DS. Druids also suffer under this circumstance - they fare far better than other healers when groups are spread out. Oh - were you using divine star? That may function better under stacked circumstances, though I'm really not a priest expert.

Paladins can still heal stacked targets exceptionally well. Shamans, after 5.0, seem to be doing great. Monks are doing well at stacked healing too. Thus, they will shine on Feng.

Spread healing favors druids. Monks are going to do well at this too. Priests have a lot more in their toolbelt than many other classes for AOE healing while spread.

Overall though I might agree - priest probably needs a minor boost of some sort. I'm just not sure Feng is the best example you should use.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
Spread healing favors druids. Monks are going to do well at this too. Priests have a lot more in their toolbelt than many other classes for AOE healing while spread.

Oh? Like what? Or do you mean Holy Priests? I am not a holy Priest. I am a Disc Priest and my class has 1 spell on a long cooldown that can heal the raid while spread out (a talent in which Holy Priests have).
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
10/04/2012 09:05 AMPosted by Harpoa
Really so all the priest healers in the top world guilds are just bad and need to L2play?

No, all the healers in top guilds have 3-4 healing classes that are ready to go at a moments notice and are going to play the class the gives them the slightest advantage.

I am a perfect example to that statement, we run 15 ppl for a 10 man core group and with a Resto Druid, Resto Sham, Disc Priest, and Holy Pala... Guess who got sat? And guess what the reason was? - Priest are broken and there is once again nothing we can do about it until blizzard decides to "fix" us or at least try to balance us some what...
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
This post is hugely relevant here: http://lifeingroup5.com/?p=2445
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
10/04/2012 01:03 PMPosted by Yallahall
I am a perfect example to that statement, we run 15 ppl for a 10 man core group and with a Resto Druid, Resto Sham, Disc Priest, and Holy Pala... Guess who got sat? And guess what the reason was? - Priest are broken and there is once again nothing we can do about it until blizzard decides to "fix" us or at least try to balance us some what...

But that is the price you pay for being in said guilds. Not saying it is right or cool or saying that priests can't use some love. I play and enjoy all of the healing classes and have a disc/hioly priest.

The bigger issue is that people see this on the forums and come to the conclusion that the class is utterly broken and not worth playing becuase the top 1% of guilds think that. That is the only part that bothers me.

There will be nothing done with priests until a couple weeks of HM being gone through and good data collected from blizzard. Otherwise there will be some unintended consiquences once gear catches up to design much like what happened with druids in Cata. They were not so good in 4.1 and then achieved god mode because of the buffs and gear scaling later on.

Needless to say i hope you guys get some love.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest

But that is the price you pay for being in said guilds. Not saying it is right or cool or saying that priests can't use some love. I play and enjoy all of the healing classes and have a disc/hioly priest.

The bigger issue is that people see this on the forums and come to the conclusion that the class is utterly broken and not worth playing becuase the top 1% of guilds think that. That is the only part that bothers me.

There will be nothing done with priests until a couple weeks of HM being gone through and good data collected from blizzard. Otherwise there will be some unintended consiquences once gear catches up to design much like what happened with druids in Cata. They were not so good in 4.1 and then achieved god mode because of the buffs and gear scaling later on.

Needless to say i hope you guys get some love.

Well druids seem to have always been OP at healing, or maybe it's just our druid, idk. But that isn't part of this issue. And like you I do have the other healing classes and I have raided on all of them in Cata and my priest has just always been my main. The other fact of the matter is that I was originally a starting healer for our core 10 man progression group with the Pally being my "backup" but now the roles have switched because my class is broken and can't do the healing the other classes can do, and if I try to do that much healing that the other classes do I go oom twice as fast... there's two options, A.) Blow all my mana/CDs to keep up with other healing classes but then be oom for the next X amount of time of the fight. OR B.) Conserve my mana like a good healer and play my class to its ability and by doing that as a disc priest you can NOT keep up with the healing output of any other healing class. (except for that which is a holy priest or disc priest).
Edited by Yallahall on 10/4/2012 1:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It was this way on beta, logs were given to the devs, math was done, all that was done in terms of buffing priests was a 10% reduction in healing spell costs... which leaves us still behind other healers.

I know disc will scale stronger than holy with spirit theoretically, but neither is going to scale *that* much stronger than the other classes (from what I can tell) to necessitate this early-expac weakness.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
10/04/2012 05:42 PMPosted by Aliyah

He is correct. Healing Priest problems are structural.

damn this is depressing. does anyone think blizzard will actually give a crap and look into it?

I think they'll eventually get around to a hot-fix that isn't well thought out... which will then proceed to cause our class to be nerfed into an un-fun game play model.

Case-in-point:
Cata Launch, Disc was terribly useless. 4.0.6 and they got a massive buff to PW:S. Within a week they were not only nerfed but also regen from innervate to other players was nerfed because PW:S was too strong.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Disc. Priest. So. Much. Harder. Now.

I really need a lot more practice with it for the raid setting. I'm doing Holy because I can keep up better. But when my whole raid is geared, I'll compare our logs with others.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
10/04/2012 06:39 AMPosted by Sockmouth
My guild went 4 /6 last night with a disc priest / resto druid combo. Both healers had pretty even HPS the entire run. I think a lot of the "Priests are broken!" talk is coming from people that haven't actually tried raiding on them.

There is a post in another thread by Doc. He has been a top 100 US guild priest healer since Naxx 40.

You're telling me that his complaints about the Priest class are unwarranted?

This guy has literally been playing since day 1, has more experience than almost any regular on this forum does, and knows the math behind the class... he says that the class is currently broken, and I for one believe him.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
That would be me.

My other recent post....

So guild just killed Elegon.
I sat for the other holy priest. With Sanctuary down... Divine Hymm up and cascade on cooldown...........did HALF of the burst HPS that anyone else did...............
HALF WHAT THE !@#$ BLIZZARD WTF WTF WTFW TFW

THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE

this class is patheticly broken atm
we are 5/6 normal mode 25.
TRY to show me I am wrong.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
While right now I feel a bit under powered, I don't think that priests are that far off from other classes.

At the end of Cata I was murdering charts against other healers with Spirit Shell. I think the same thing can be done in MoP. The reason why disc seems so bad at AoE heals right now is we lack the gear and spirit to spam SS on the raid.

I think it's a gear thing, not class.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/04/2012 08:59 PMPosted by Doc
did HALF of the burst HPS that anyone else did...............

Don't really see how that's possible. Haven't killed Elegon yet but looking at one of our longest attempts, right before we died, I bursted up to 150k HPS as Holy, and around 115k in another one.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/04/2012 10:19 PMPosted by Nixx
Don't really see how that's possible. Haven't killed Elegon yet but looking at one of our longest attempts, right before we died, I bursted up to 150k HPS as Holy, and around 115k in another one.

This. Even Disc can burst. I did more burst healing than our Shaman on Feng. He spiked to 133k, I spiked to 142k.

The Shaman sustained slightly more HPS than me, roughly 2%. It wasn't that bad, I was really off my game tonight too.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Well, I'm seeing some 200-230k burst from Shaman, Druids and Monk logs. Highest I've seen from Holy Priests has been about 160k on the logs I've seen so far.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
10/04/2012 10:52 PMPosted by Elethia
Well, I'm seeing some 200-230k burst from Shaman, Druids and Monk logs. Highest I've seen from Holy Priests has been about 160k on the logs I've seen so far.

This
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Death Knight
I struggle to hit 140k burst as a disc priest, And by struggle i really do mean struggle
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
I really do wish you'd actually post on your priest. :/ It would probably lend you more credibility.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-fjf6rlx0o05eeezq/sum/healingDone/?s=472&e=951

I was smiting a lot because our DPS was pretty low (except for the DK...) and I wanted to pretend I was contributing. We're not the best or anything, but we got the job done.

I hope others will post their logs. I really am interested in how other people are doing. I feel I made a lot of amateur mistakes tonight.
Edited by Qùess on 10/4/2012 11:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]