When will Priests get fixed?

Maybe I should play a priest, since shaman healing is looking easy.
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Death Knight
Except Alot of guilds have rules out there like "no posting on your guilded characters" And with cogshanks, (I hate that browser addon) linking characters across an account, It's best to just use a second account to post.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
I actually don't know that many with a rule like that in place. Most of them simply expect players to represent the guild in a positive way. I notice, too, that you didn't actually say that your guild forbids posting on your guilded priest.
Reply Quote
10/05/2012 12:03 AMPosted by Adva
Maybe I should play a priest, since shaman healing is looking easy.

maybe you should shut your panda-troll mouth if you don't have anything meaningful to add to the thread...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/05/2012 12:12 AMPosted by Dethsport
Except Alot of guilds have rules out there like "no posting on your guilded characters" And with cogshanks, (I hate that browser addon) linking characters across an account, It's best to just use a second account to post.

I know the maker of the browser addon. Blizzard is the one who put the ability in there, and you can link someone's post without Cogshanks.

Also, you CAN delist yourself.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Never mind, probably shouldn't comment if i haven't hit 90 yet and tried raiding.

However this sounds a bit over exaggerated, i stopped believing in these "priests are broken" threads after i saw them a billion times each expac.

We seem to always scale greatly off gear, more so than most of the other healers and also usually have a more complected skill set so i really don't judge any of the healer class or classes in general till after the first couple of months when buffs/nerfs/gear/etc happens.

I mained this in wrath, decided to get bored and try the other healers in cata, never ever liked them anywhere near as much as the priest, they where dull.

But please, don't cry wolf like every other expac and make out the class is worse than it actually is.
Edited by Alastora on 10/5/2012 1:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Quess - on Feng, I'm not sure Halo is optimal. You're hitting well under its full value; if you can convince your raid to stack, Divine Star would hit for almost as much, cost a lot less, and be castable four times as often.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Hey Qùess, I put up logs of me 2 healing these new encounters with a resto druid, and I also provided videos with commentary so you can fully experience everything I've done thus far.

It's in this thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794980143
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/05/2012 01:21 AMPosted by Alastora
Never mind, probably shouldn't comment if i haven't hit 90 yet and tried raiding.

I think you should re-read this statement and think a long time about it. Then ask yourself why you posted anyway, accusing people of "crying wolf" when you have not even gotten to 90 or raided.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
10/05/2012 12:12 AMPosted by Dethsport
ESC -> Interface --> Display --> Enable "Display Only Character Achievements to Others"

This will have only the achievements earned by that specific toon displayed when people armory or whatnot.

Regarding this thread itself...I felt the changes as soon as they went in, during 5.0. Maybe it was just priests being more powerful and everyone else catching up, but overnight the shaman healers in my guild went from healing half of what I did, to passing me, with the only changes being the new talent system. I don't think our 90 talents are enough to balance that out, and void shift is a once-a-fight situational tank heal, so I'm a bit worried about how raiding this weekend is going to feel. When 5.0 dropped, I certainly felt crappy since my performance had tanked on the charts.

However, I bet we'll see changes down the road, either from gear improving our throughput (ie, this initial weakness is by design), or from hotfixes, since Blizzard hardly wants people to feel unhappy when they play. We started out a bit weak in the start of Cata, but that didn't last forever!
Edited by Kaliy on 10/5/2012 6:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/05/2012 01:27 AMPosted by Kaels
Quess - on Feng, I'm not sure Halo is optimal. You're hitting well under its full value; if you can convince your raid to stack, Divine Star would hit for almost as much, cost a lot less, and be castable four times as often.

Yeah, I was flipping between Halo and DS really often, you can't tell because none of our wipes registered on logs. We tried doing a more spread out attempt so I picked up Halo, and yeah, I didn't like it or use it to its full effectiveness. It made up 3% less healing than Divine Star did for me on other Feng attempts.

10/05/2012 03:19 AMPosted by Twistedmind
Hey Qùess, I put up logs of me 2 healing these new encounters with a resto druid, and I also provided videos with commentary so you can fully experience everything I've done thus far.

Geez, two heal? I think I'd be far too scared to try that yet. Thanks for the information, Twisted.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/05/2012 01:27 AMPosted by Kaels

I used DS but am pretty sure Halo is your best best on P3 which is the phase most people are going to be having the hardest time with (you're basically chaining CDs and Halo functions as a mini one once SS/DH is used). Cascade might be better but it's trash for the first two phases whereas you can adjust your positioning a little to make use of Halo for the heavy stacking.
Edited by Nixx on 10/5/2012 10:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I used DS but am pretty sure Halo is your best best on P3 which is the phase most people are going to be having the hardest time with. Cascade might be better but it's trash for the first two phases whereas you can adjust your positioning a little to make use of Halo for the heavy stacking.

Yeah, I tried taking a couple steps out and pressing Halo before I'd run into the Epicenters for P1.

In P2 Halo was useful too in case I got a wildfire Spark, and in P3 of course if you had Arcane Resonance during Arcane Velocity and had to stand out. I'm 100% positive I could've had bigger Halo's, maybe I should download that addon that tells you where to stand. >_<
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
GC just responded to a twitter post, essentially dismissing the issue.

We won't be fixed until we all switch classes.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I don't know why everyone is crying. With the exception of WotE (where there is no doubt after tonight that we are the worst...) every fight in Vaults 10 is 2 healable with a priest and any other class. And in 25 the utility a priest brings is not replaceable. Yes we are a harder class to play in most situations and yes we have less throughput, but I'll take 6 aoe heals in holy over raid hots any day. We have some of the best healing cds, and we are designed to keep people alive, not top the meters.

Once people see that, they won't worry that the monk is "op."

And it's honestly about time shammies weren't useless PoS...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Hi Steinbran,

People aren't "crying" actually, with a few exceptions (yes, there ARE people going over the top, but most posters actually are not).

If you have experiences that differ from the majority of the posters, I'd invite you to post them in the two threads set up for that purpose. We could use more personal logs that give us an idea of what is going on that could be fixed, including logs that might tell us nothing is wron gat all. Here are the thread links:

Thread for impressions (no math): http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794351571
Thread for impressions (with math and logs!): http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794321797
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I am going to single handedly fix priests. Divine hymn is back. Mana Cost for Prayer of healing reduced from 4.5 down to 4 percent of base mana. Prayer of mending base cost is now 1 percent of base mana. Now they have more efficient heals and 2 3 min CD like everyone else has access too. In fact I see no problem with holy getting barrier either. It's not game breaking to have two different 3 min cd's.

Shamans have spirit link and access to healing tide and ascendance
Druids have Tranq and access to tree of life or 1 min cd treant healers
I don't know jack about mistweavers so i am going to assume they have something

The point is there is obviously a problem. When a ton of good solid players feel underpowered it is because they are.
Edited by Garrakwild on 10/9/2012 1:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/04/2012 11:00 AMPosted by Poena
Also, I think Disc is in a seriously bad place. We have 1 raid wide heal with varying CD/effectiveness. We are the only healer without a smart heal (atonement doesn't count because it heals for a pittance). We are the only healer without a raid heal.

Spirit Shell rewards the well-timed players who can anticipate damage. Clunky at times, but can be very potent when pulled off correctly.

Prayer of Healing isn't a raid heal? Prayer of Mending isn't a smart heal?
Reply Quote

I used DS but am pretty sure Halo is your best best on P3 which is the phase most people are going to be having the hardest time with (you're basically chaining CDs and Halo functions as a mini one once SS/DH is used). Cascade might be better but it's trash for the first two phases whereas you can adjust your positioning a little to make use of Halo for the heavy stacking.

I doubt your raid spends that much time 25 yards from you on phase 3 because of arcane velocity and the necessity of stacking. You shouldn't be 25 yards away with resonance because the aoe is only 6 yards. While DS is probably the strongest for phase one and two (based on the strat we used), I will be using cascade next time because unlike DS, Cascade will heal everyone regardless of positioning and is thus useful for phase 3. It's cooldown is also up for every epicenter/drawflame iirc, unlike halo.

(I will say that a perfectly positioned raid where I can point myself directly across a 6yard radius circle would make DS good in P3, but leaves the resonance untouched and it relies on me constantly readjusting myself to make sure I can hit everyone in the circle by precise firing of DS because it only heals 6 yards on either side of the path. Sounds like a lot of damn work to me when I'm penancing.)
Edited by Shoegaze on 10/9/2012 5:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
Here's our WoL for Feng last night. http://worldoflogs.com/reports/jf6zuj5eug6tyv9w/sum/healingDone/?s=5665&e=6147

A couple of things to note:

I wasn't playing the best. I missed missed a couple moments where I should have put down my hammer, and I wasn't rolling Eternal Flames like I should have been.

Hasu (our Holy priest) had almost 38k HPS on average, with a peak of a little over 130k HPS

I had 37k HPS on average, with a peak of 136k HPS

I was mainly focusing on the tanks, while healing the raid when I could. I was not using cooldowns very well, and like I said before, I was not playing the best. It wasn't the cleanest kill either.

I can't really judge how Hasu was doing because I don't even have a 85 priest (and we killed the boss, so healing per person is less relevant), but overall it seemed to me like I could have done better HPS wise if I just played smarter, and maybe by 5-8k HPS or more. I also believe Hasu has overall better gear then I do.

That was our first kill, and I can't do too much judgement until we get Feng on farm and everyone optimizes their rotation for 90.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]