Upcoming Reputation Changes

Community Manager
Earning reputation with various factions has long been an important part to World of Warcraft and as time has gone on, we've made tweaks and changes to the system to make it more interesting and to give players access to unique items. For example, we recently hotfixed the game to apply a change to some reputation items which you can read about in our recently updated blog that allows players to purchase certain items much sooner. And we're not done!

Coming in a future patch, earning reputation is going to become much more fluid. Basically, once one of your characters has reached at least Revered reputation with a faction, all other characters on the same Battle.net account will then earn reputation with the same faction at twice the rate. Going one step further, and as an added bonus, your main character who reached Revered will also begin to earn double the reputation as he or she climbs to Exalted.

Here's a simplified break down:

• Any single character earns Revered reputation with a faction
  • All other characters on the Battle.net account begin to earn double reputation for that one same faction
  • The Revered character earns double reputation as he or she works toward Exalted
  • ???
  • Profit

• We’ll keep you posted as this change is closer to being implemented. In the meantime, we’d love to hear your feedback!
    Reply Quote
    85 Blood Elf Mage
    sounds awesome
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Warrior
    This is great news!
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Hunter
    What about players with alts on different accounts? Isn't this encouraging them to transfer the toons to one account and cancel the others?
    Reply Quote
    90 Tauren Death Knight
    This sounds quite fascinating but i have a feeling this might get degraded becouse if it works with all other charcters and not just the one who got revered status however to that end it would still be a good thing to have becouse i have a feeling rep grinding in mists is going to take quite some time
    Reply Quote
    MVP - Customer Support
    90 Tauren Druid
    Less grinding? I don't think too many people - except the truly Insane - will object to this.
    "Passion has overthrown tyrants and freed prisoners and slaves. Passion has brought justice where there was savagery. Passion has created freedom where there was nothing but fear. Passion has helped souls rise from the ashes of their horrible lives and build something better, stronger, more beautiful." -- Harry Dresden
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Death Knight
    Finally! Something alt friendly! Good job, Blizz.
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Paladin
    Are there any plans to implement a similar system for guild rep? For example, if I have my main toon at Exalted rep for my guild, would that mean all my alts could gain guild rep at a faster rate?
    Reply Quote
    90 Tauren Druid
    This is a great change, thank you!

Can you clarify if this will work with all factions, or just new Mists of Pandaria factions? I'm looking at you, Hydraxian Waterlords.
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Hunter
    You really need to roll this out as soon as possible.

I am leveling an alt and I know a few others who are and the thought of doing those dailies with the current rep rewards is depressing.

It is tough enough dealing with the grind you made leveling a character and looking forward to even more grind when you hit 90 is not fun to think about.
    Reply Quote
    90 Troll Druid
    10/04/2012 10:05 AMPosted by Crithto
    Coming in a future patch, earning reputation is going to become much more fluid. Basically, once one of your characters has reached at least Revered reputation with a faction, all other characters on the same Battle.net account will then earn reputation with the same faction at twice the rate. Going one step further, and as an added bonus, your main character who reached Revered will also begin to earn double the reputation as he or she climbs to Exalted.

I think I love you... this is part of the reason I got lazy with alts and love BoA stuff. This is like 50 million times better than BoA stuff...

Is this for all reputations across the game or only reputations added with MoP?
    Reply Quote
    90 Troll Hunter
    This is a nice change, overall, but I think that the double reputation gains on the original character to Exalted is unnecessary. Why don't you just half the required rep. to exalted if you want to make it faster?

Or even just leave it alone. The double gains for alts after main hits revered is enough in my opinion.
    Reply Quote
    Will this work with Warsong Gulch reps as well?
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Warrior
    Sweet sauce.

Thanks you cute little doggy.
    Reply Quote
    90 Tauren Druid
    Crithto can I have your puppies?

on a serious note this makes it nicer for those insane folks like me who enjoy lots of alts
    Reply Quote
    86 Troll Priest
    Still don't get it.

So with the patch, the second you hit revered, you start getting 2x the rep from quests? Is that what I'm reading correctly?

Don't get me wrong, the alt thing is huge, but this can be equally huge.
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Warlock
    10/04/2012 10:11 AMPosted by Hurarao
    but I think that the double reputation gains on the original character to Exalted is unnecessary.

Yeah, that's my only question. I don't think the main character getting double rep gains is really necessary. If it is, then the revered -> exalted stretch was poorly designed to begin with, really.
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Hunter
    Great news. How soon can we expect this change?
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]