Upcoming Reputation Changes

90 Human Warlock
I knew this one dude that got the insane title on 3 toons during wrath, I'm sure he'll be pissed about this lol.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Second best idea this expansion after AOE looting.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
This is awesome, thank you!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I'd really like my rep grinds to be painful and soul crushing.

Like Hero of Shattrath.

I understand this isn't for every one, though! Can't figure out WHY, but, there we have it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Still doesn't in any way address the fact you still have to do daily chores for rep, while in Cata you at least had a choice; and could do either dailies or dungeon running for rep (or both, but fixing it so you could do either without having to feel forced to do both is trivial).

Especially funny considering Blizzard said they wanted MoP to feel less grindy than Cata... And there's nothing more grindy to me than daily chores.
Reply Quote
A good change, but it feels like a bandaid. Even with this change, the MoP method of gearing is still significantly more painful and onerous than the Cataclysm/Wrath system, which has worked perfectly fine for the last three years.

A much better solution would have been to simply remove the need to grind rep to progress your character. Forcing people into one kind of content has never been a good idea and will never be a good idea. That was the problem with Cataclysm; you made it, "raid or die." Now we've got "rep or die," and that's hardly any better.

Also, the fact that this is coming in a patch strengthens my conviction that I should quit playing once I hit 90 and come back after a couple of patches have gone by.

I hate to be so negative -- I really do -- but it's hard to be excited about, "This arbitrary grind we added to replace one of the most solid and time-tested systems in the game is now less onerous than it was before."
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
I don't object to most of the changes...but the part where Revered -> Exalted (effectively 10500 rep) becomes faster than Honored -> Revered (12000 rep) for all characters in all circumstances seems a little odd.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Thank you blizz. I stopped doing dailies on my druid because I did him in heals spec and it was taking forever. Thank goodness I can do them on this guy and then finish up a lot faster on the druid.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
I like this change very much!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
*eye roll*
Reply Quote
5 Gnome Mage
10/04/2012 10:05 AMPosted by Crithto
The Revered character earns double reputation as he or she works toward Exalted

This one i'm not too sure about. It was designed to be non double rep to get exalted, so I don't think the original character should have to get it. After the original character gets exalted then alts can get double rep to exalted too.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
  • The Revered character earns double reputation as he or she works toward Exalted

• Curious why you would implement it this way instead of simply cutting in half the amount of rep needed to reach Exalted. Would the effect not be the same in the end?
    Reply Quote
    85 Tauren Druid
    Double Rep? The dailies should already be giving more than ~150 rep/quest. Please bump the rep up as well and it will be better. Still a grind, and I am happy for the change. I would rather have BOA Rep tabard ideally instead of this change. Not sure why rep is only ~150/per anyways.
    Edited by Untippable on 10/4/2012 10:18 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Mage
    I understand the alt change. I don't see the point of the revered to exalted change. That's a massive nerf to most rep grinds including all the Insane factions.
    Reply Quote
    Here's a simplified break down:

Any single character earns Revered reputation with a faction
    All other characters on the Battle.net account begin to earn double reputation for that one same faction
    The Revered character earns double reputation as he or she works toward Exalted
    ???
    Profit

The ??? step. I don't like it.

IT'S A TRAP!
    Reply Quote
    81 Human Rogue
    I'm guessing that the reputation boost for the main character from revered to exalted is an artifact of the system that they're implementing (any reputation to revered begins doubling your reputation with that faction for all characters), and they didn't want to be bothered with adding an exception for main characters that would give you normal XP gain rates.

I'm glad that Blizzard is adding something to alleviate some of the alt grind, but I still think that there are serious flaws with how some reps (shado pan for example) are gated behind golden lotus, or that you have to do reputation grinds to spend JP/VP in general. What happens in 5.X when the next tier is released? Still need those reputation grinds, or are they obsolete?
    Reply Quote
    90 Dwarf Warrior
    so if I'm reading this correctly, it will effectively make revered > exalted a shorter rep grind than honored to revered?

Either way the only feedback I have is: THIS CAN'T COME SOON ENOUGH! lol
    Reply Quote
    90 Draenei Shaman
    I still think reputation should be account bound. No one like to grind rep more than once no matter how fast it goes. It's the exact same thing as the head enchant. They took head enchants out to make it to where you don't have to grind a certain faction for something you feel like you have to have. But isn't it the same thing with the valor gear? It requires you to grind a certain reputation. BUT, the head enchants were account bound as long as one character completed the rep requirements. Why not just make reputation account bound?
    Reply Quote
    90 Troll Mage
    10/04/2012 10:11 AMPosted by Chuckbrtwski
    Are there any plans to implement a similar system for guild rep? For example, if I have my main toon at Exalted rep for my guild, would that mean all my alts could gain guild rep at a faster rate?

epic guild tabard... double guild rep gains while worn.

came back to my old guild at the start of MoP.... went from neutral to exalted in less than 24 hours (didnt play non stop, and had work/sleeping in between)
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]