Upcoming Reputation Changes

(Locked)

100 Night Elf Hunter
It sounds very humane. I, and my 20 odd alts over many servers, approve.
90 Gnome Death Knight
2 words

love it!
90 Human Priest
Wouldn't adding tabards back in accomplish the same thing? Getting to exalted SHOULD be a grind.
100 Orc Warrior
10/04/2012 10:09 AMPosted by Arrowset
What about players with alts on different accounts? Isn't this encouraging them to transfer the toons to one account and cancel the others?

Man, is one account really not enough for some people? my god...
100 Draenei Shaman
10/04/2012 10:05 AMPosted by Crithto
Going one step further, and as an added bonus, your main character who reached Revered will also begin to earn double the reputation as he or she climbs to Exalted.

Getting exalted should be hard/time consuming. I look forward to logging in every day because there are things to do to advance my character. Do not do this part.

The bonus to alts after getting revered is cool though, and probably needed.
90 Undead Warlock
Is the Revered boost going to work on old reps? I'm currently grinding Hydraxian Waterlords rep and that would literally cut months off.
90 Draenei Shaman
Sounds !@#$ty. The games getting too easy and nothing seems rewarding anymore
90 Troll Shaman
I'd love the tabards to come back!! MoP grinding is okay - but much harder when your server population is unbalanced!!
94 Night Elf Druid
10/05/2012 12:42 AMPosted by Cptcrushh
What about players with alts on different accounts? Isn't this encouraging them to transfer the toons to one account and cancel the others?

Man, is one account really not enough for some people? my god...

Nope, I have four accounts, three active at all times! Fourth is for SoR.

BoA things go across all accounts per battle.net. Achievies included. Rep should be the same based off the highest rep on that account.
100 Dwarf Paladin
Really Blizzard?

Just when MOP was looking to be the best expansion you have released. Within in a week you cave in to the casuals scrubs that play this game once again?

What's next, nerf's to all the raids because not every guild cleared them the first week, or that it took some guilds more than 5 attempts to down a boss.

When does the catering to terribly stupid and bad stop?
2 Dwarf Warrior
The alt part is good and probably needed the way things are set up now, but revered to exalted on the initial character should stay as it is now. Seems wrong to me that honored to revered would actually require more effort.
Edited by Tofrem on 10/5/2012 2:36 AM PDT
90 Worgen Druid
Overall seems like a nice change. The rep was a bit intense.

My only gripe though is truly the Cloud Serpent Riding. Is it too much to ask for this to just be a riding I can buy for my alts (such as cold weather flying in wrath)? I was lucky enough to hit 90 very early on my server, so I nearly had the egg spawns to myself. That being said, it is incredibly hard to farm eggs these days. You have people camping the egg's spawn points just to get it every couple hours or so. I understand that it is supposed to feel like the Netherwing grind, and that BoA mounts didn't exist in BC (obviously), but would it be too much to ask for our mounts that are considered BoA to be truly BoA these days?

Again, not even asking for the skill to be freely account-wide. If the Quartermaster for the Order carried a BoA book that teaches the riding and costs like, 5k or something that would work beautifully.

I really, really enjoy this entire expansion. Enjoyed it ever since I played the beta. This is truly the only big problem I have with it. Because I don't really think I'm the only one willing to farm eggs again (especially with how bad it is now).

EDIT: More on topic, I agree with the nerf to the Revered to Exalted grind being cut in half. Seems unnecessary, seeing as revered to exalted is supposed to be grindy and give a nice sense of accomplishment at the end.
Edited by Arthfael on 10/5/2012 2:35 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Really? wow, Feels like cheating to me. There is a difference to me as an RP (on hiatus) from a character, and the account. I do not enjoy things getting easier. So i am not in support of this future change. no i am not one of those old school players, and no i wasn't there in the original days. But i do remember certain aspects of the game that used to be more challenging. To make this not a cry response, which it is not, I am simply stating my view (as such is the definition of a Forum) to be this. No i do not support it, no i am not excited for it, and yes, it makes me sad. To make my post constructive, i think it would be interesting to see a divide in the community. Like such, I think it would be cool to see a prestigious award for not taking these routes. No Boa's, no extra rep, no easy route. That... would be cool. Have a title for ONE character, the one leveled correctly, with no help. You put some prestige in there... just watch how people end up playing. You see it all the time. People love to be proud of something. Give us something to be proud of.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
earning double rep and cutting half required rep is the same thing dumba... dumb guy
85 Night Elf Hunter
Really Blizzard?

Just when MOP was looking to be the best expansion you have released. Within in a week you cave in to the casuals scrubs that play this game once again?

What's next, nerf's to all the raids because not every guild cleared them the first week, or that it took some guilds more than 5 attempts to down a boss.

When does the catering to terribly stupid and bad stop?

The bad thing blizzard has done:

Nerf the grind from revered to exalted, I think almost all of us are on the same page with this one.

Gate Reputations.

Make daily farming the -only- way to raise GL, PS, and AC(outside of the "intro" quests while leveling up)

The good thing blizzard has done:

Halved the amount of time to grind out rep for my alts via dailies.

The problem with the one good thing blizzard did is, it still requires about two weeks of grinding minimum per toon just to unlock the two dailies that will require another week+ to get the required rep. Meaning we're still stuck grinding dailies on all of our alts. And when you have even 2 or more alts it turns into months, 4 is half a year. Some people have 10+ alts and only ONE account.

So to break it down:
(my numbers are guesses, I don't know the exact amount of time required, I do know that after a solid week I'm almost revered with The Klaxxi and Cloudserpents and Golden Lotus is mocking me. So my numbers are a rough idea, if someone could put real numbers in that would be great!)

I have my "Main" that reached or will reach revered with all the hubs in panda-land. This requires about 16 days just for Golden Lotus. Now I can chose which of the other two factions to go on. Well since the mounts and pets are boa lets just get the recipe's I need from the one faction. So that's another 10+ days.

so now we're looking at 26 days just to get one thing I needed for my main. She's my enchanter/engineer.

So I need to do the other side as well. So do I do them all together(do I have this much time to play every day with the real world?), or do one then the other. Let's say half and half, and be generous and say it'll only take 15 days to acquire the rep needed on top of the already 26 days invested.

So we're up to 41x days to complete it for one toon. Now each following toon will be able to do it in half that time, at 20.5c days

x = 41
c = 20.5

So by adding x and c together we get 61.5 days of daily grinding to get my main, plus one alt to the required rep level.

but that's only adding in ONE alt. For those with two, you'll have to add in c once more, so you're sitting at 82 days. So we're at four months for 3 toons, unless you can sit there and play all day everyday.

We're talking around 10 quests from each section that you will repeat for 82 days doing your best not to miss a day so you can finally purchase a pattern or recipe from the vendor.

And I've only covered someone with three toons. I think MOST people in wow have three toons and want rep with certain factions. So we're talking a very mind numbing investment just for something they need for raiding or pvp or w/e they want it for.

It's like the whole deepholm shoulder quest grind we had to run on every toon to raid. That was actually a really good system, we did a bunch of quests to unlock the faction, they then gave a tabard and dailies you could use to hit exalted or w/e you wanted. It didn't take weeks to accomplish, we got immersed in the storyline. I enjoyed how that was handled. It did get annoying after the 5th time but it was something that you could get done in a day if you just stuck to it, grab your tabard and go get the rep via heroics.

I probably shouldn't have posted this while on ambien, but, hopefully I at least got a point across!
90 Blood Elf Warlock
This sounds like a fantastic change, and I was just thinking about it the other day since I've changed raiding mains but I want to grind my achieves and the like on this toon (nostalgia or just plain crazy, I haven't decided yet), and I was dreading having to do it all over again from top to bottom, as its turning to be a long and tough grind.

Can't be implemented soon enough!

Also,

10/04/2012 10:14 AMPosted by Pwnykeg
Will this new system apply to all reputations or just Pandaria?

This!
90 Human Rogue
I hate it when they do that! They cater to all the people who don't want to put in the extra effort for anything... They were doing soooo good, since MoP launched I was enjoying the game again for once!.. now all the nerfs are happening ... slowly..
90 Human Rogue
10/05/2012 02:38 AMPosted by Fraezer
Really? wow, Feels like cheating to me. There is a difference to me as an RP (on hiatus) from a character, and the account. I do not enjoy things getting easier. So i am not in support of this future change. no i am not one of those old school players, and no i wasn't there in the original days. But i do remember certain aspects of the game that used to be more challenging. To make this not a cry response, which it is not, I am simply stating my view (as such is the definition of a Forum) to be this. No i do not support it, no i am not excited for it, and yes, it makes me sad. To make my post constructive, i think it would be interesting to see a divide in the community. Like such, I think it would be cool to see a prestigious award for not taking these routes. No Boa's, no extra rep, no easy route. That... would be cool. Have a title for ONE character, the one leveled correctly, with no help. You put some prestige in there... just watch how people end up playing. You see it all the time. People love to be proud of something. Give us something to be proud of.

I agree!
100 Human Paladin
10/05/2012 02:38 AMPosted by Fraezer

It still requires more rep grinding than both wrath and cataclysm. With both of those expansions it was easy to get exalted with any of the launch factions (sans tol barad) in a single day via dungeons. I never even thought about reputations in cataclysm because they were all automatic via tabards.

What we have now is some actual proper gating which is fine, but it was a bit too harsh for alts in a WoW where a lot of people have more than one character. Even with this change it's still more time consuming than either wrath or cataclysm (I say time consuming, because lets be honest here, there's nothing difficult about doing dailies).

As for making leveling more challenging, what's to stop you from "leveling properly", and why is your idea of what is "proper leveling" more correct than anyone elses? I say you have it too easy by being able to wear gear while leveling. You should do it naked and fight everything bare fisted.
Edited by Bravehearth on 10/5/2012 4:03 AM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]