Upcoming Reputation Changes

(Locked)

90 Troll Warrior

This is probably the only part of this I'm not too fond of. As this stands this means you'll go from Revered to Exalted (0-21000) faster than you went from Honored to Revered (0-12000). If the Golden Lotus is any indication you open more and more dailies with each faction as you reach a higher reputation status. This alone should be enough, and I personally don't think that the double reputation from Revered to Exalted is needed.

If you want to do the dailies for twice as long, do them for twice as long. This change has no negative impact whatsoever.

OH NOEZ DA NUBS BE GETIN MY PIONTLESS TABARD FASTER DAN DEY SHULD.

This isn't about exclusion. It's telling people who enjoy the reputation system "Good news! You don't have to do it anymore!". The logical response will always be "Um...what?!"

I don't think this would be as much of a problem if they'd simply made JP & VP vendors completely separate from reputation...seriously bad move imo.
Edited by Sabatieni on 10/5/2012 7:23 AM PDT
90 Night Elf Druid
Yeah... I'm not doing dailies... just not happening... So many fun things to do in this xpac and dailies are not one of them. Soooo... whatever.. fix the ilvl crap that's going on right now.
90 Night Elf Hunter
This is GREAT news! Thanks!
92 Dwarf Paladin
10/05/2012 04:49 AMPosted by Madrina
There are alot of people complaining that a mains rep shouldn't have a speed boost because it would trivialize the rep grind to exalted, but I disagree. ALot of the new dailies only give 100 rep. That's far below what old factions would give for dailies.

If they wanted to they could just make the dailies give more rep and be done with it.

The problem isn't that it trivializes the new reps that you do dailies for, it's that it trivializes the old reps and non-daily reps. By halving the amount from Revered to Exalted, it throws off all sorts of achievements and reputations, both past and present. The Insane. Bloodsail. PVP reputations.

Perhaps "The Insane" FoS should be renamed to "The Slightly Touched"?
10 Troll Warlock
This does nothing to address the mysterious reputation numbers in Pandaria. It does nothing about the fact that all non-Pandaria reputations give ~250 reputation per quest turn in without the guild perk (though it seems to run from 60 rep for "talk to X NPC" quests to 350 rep for difficult or end of chain quests), however in Pandaria we are treated to whopping 110 reputation gains per quest turn in including the guild perk. Are pandas just !@#$%^-s, while humans and orcs are generous?

Sorry, but when combined with reputations gated behind other reputations and the lack of reputation tabards it just comes off as a way to lengthen the reputation grind in an effort to keep players coming back for chores. This is not engaging game play, and by effectively making players grind reputations for more than twice as long as they do for every other reputation in game you will wear out your new and 'exciting' large daily quest pool. And since that's pretty much all you have going on for this expansion's end game so far you're going to wear those quests out more than twice as quickly. All you do by more than doubling the grind time is increasing player fatigue and frustration. Making the Klaxxi take more than twice the time that the Sunreavers take just off daily quests alone doesn't make them more special or more rewarding.

Bump the reputation gains to normal levels or give us tabards to make up for the fact that pandas and roaches are *!@#$%^s who will never trust us enough to actually give us 250 reputation per quest turn in even at revered. Even cat centaurs and undead with a fixation on causing pain were giving players normal reputation gains.

Don't forget that if you are not in a guild with the reputation perk you are completely unable to become exalted with the Forest Hozen at this time. Is this by design or something the developers overlooked? Easy exalted reputation for people in guilds with the perk and unattainable bar for people who when they do those quests?
100 Worgen Hunter

If you want to do the dailies for twice as long, do them for twice as long. This change has no negative impact whatsoever.

OH NOEZ DA NUBS BE GETIN MY PIONTLESS TABARD FASTER DAN DEY SHULD.

This isn't about exclusion. It's telling people who enjoy the reputation system "Good news! You don't have to do it anymore!". The logical response will always be "Um...what?!"

I don't think this would be as much of a problem if they'd simply made JP & VP vendors completely separate from reputation...seriously bad move imo.

Then do the reputation. If you WANT to grind for twice as long, grind for twice as long. What is stopping you? If you legitimately enjoyed it, you'd keep going after you hit exalted.
100 Tauren Hunter
I'm sure all I'm about to say has already been said in the previous 24 pages but whatever, it's an opinion right?

First of all, I'm all for the alt changes, that's awesome and feels like a good change. It definitely eases the dread in leveling a new alt to cap.

But exalted rep has always been optional (barring a couple exceptions, like Therazane during Cataclysm); it's purely achievement points and vanity stuff (mounts, tabards, cool item reskins). I think making the grind to revered to be the longest leg of the rep grind (since exalted will effectively be 10500 rep) is a mistake. This is especially true given the fact that the 'important' factions on Pandaria that I have so far encountered give an additional bunch of dailies after each reputation level is attained. This already makes exalted not too bad since you're gaining rep faster than you were at revered, which was faster than you were gaining rep at honoured, etc. Not to mention the fact that you get a couple quests after each level to give a jump up on the next (like with the Klaxxi; I hit revered last night and am now 2500/21000 because of extra quests, sans another day of dailies).

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that the double rep after revered doesn't 'feel' like a necessary change. It's for no discernible character progression. Sure, it's a grind; but shouldn't it be?
90 Troll Priest
Here's a simplified break down:

Any single character earns Revered reputation with a faction
All other characters on the Battle.net account begin to earn double reputation for that one same faction
The Revered character earns double reputation as he or she works toward Exalted
???
Profit

Hehe, I enjoy Blizzard's sense of humor.
91 Tauren Warrior
love it.
10 Troll Warlock
10/05/2012 07:43 AMPosted by Xolgren
I guess the point I'm trying to make is that the double rep after revered doesn't 'feel' like a necessary change. It's for no discernible character progression. Sure, it's a grind; but shouldn't it be?
It would be nice if the rep gains were normalized and in line with all the other reputations so the revered the exalted grind would remain the same grind and not take twice as long for Pandaria reputations. And if the rep gains were normalized there wouldn't be any need for this weird twisting around and oddball solutions to an issue that only exists due to WTF reduced rep gains.

At least as far as rep grinds for mains go. Like you, I'm not opposed to making things go faster for alts. I just think that Pandaria reputations should never have been painful by design.
94 Human Death Knight
Hopefully there will be some kind of designation or icon on every character's such affected rep. In other words, I'd like to look at rep window for an alt and see something showing which reps are revered on one of my other characters, meaning which reps on this character are now earning double. Even just a little "x2" or "2x".
Edited by Weekender on 10/5/2012 8:12 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I believe the account is the Battlenet account. I know all my mounts/pets are at that level, as are my achievements. As long as the individual accounts are all linked under one BattleNet account, you should be fine
1 Human Warrior
Dont mean to be the negatively nelly here but why on earth would anyone want to soul crushingly grind daily's for Rep on their main and then turn around and do the same daily on 5 different alts regardless of boosted Rep

This is a half !@# attempt to bandage a problem that requires more development time and work to solve.

The true fix for this should be:

If you did the soul crushing grind on your main then your entire B.net acct should have Rev/Exalted across all toons of the same account. So once I do daily's on one toon I never have to do them again.

This change is worthless and i'm shocked that so many morons are happy about it.
Edited by Nelleeye on 10/5/2012 8:24 AM PDT
100 Blood Elf Rogue
yay for double reputation gains.

I was not looking forward to grinding to exaulted with my main at the current rate. Let alone 11 alts.

Dont mean to be the negatively nelly here but why on earth would anyone want to soul crushingly grind daily's for Rep on their main and then turn around and do the same daily on 5 different alts regardless of boosted Rep

This is a half !@# attempt to bandage a problem that requires more development time and work to solve.

The true fix for this should be:

If you did the soul crushing grind on your main then your entire B.net acct should have Rev/Exalted across all toons of the same account. So once I do daily's on one toon I never have to do them again.

This change is worthless and i'm shocked that so many morons are happy about it.

I'll take the bandage at this point. Besides, as the blue post at the beginning of the thread said, rep grinding is and always has been a part of the wow endgame. It's also obvious that blizz didn't want us getting raid geared in a matter of 2-3 days (less after 4.3 in Cata).

I would like to see rep tabards brought back, but I'll take what I can get. At least blizz recognizes there is an issue with rep gains being too slow and that it effectively discourages leveling alts. I also feel that justice point gains are too slow currently, and it's actually way more efficient to do the daily grind for valor than even bother with farming justice points.
Edited by Kelidra on 10/5/2012 8:31 AM PDT
90 Troll Warrior

Then do the reputation. If you WANT to grind for twice as long, grind for twice as long. What is stopping you? If you legitimately enjoyed it, you'd keep going after you hit exalted.

Grinding twice as long doesn't earn anything. It doesn't even earn reputation points. It's like telling people that enjoy leveling to keep grinding mobs long after they've reached the cap.

And yes, R>E being shorter than H>R does in fact reduce the accomplishment.

EDIT: This is comparable to making the final boss in a raid easier to satisfy all the player that don't like raids but still want the rewards. Or reducing the cutoff for PVP's top rewards to include most players to satisfy those that hate PVP. Or making every cast of fishing reward a skill point all the way to 600 to satisfy those that want the cooking buffs but hate the effort required.
Edited by Sabatieni on 10/5/2012 8:40 AM PDT
90 Troll Priest
I only wonder if this is for pandaria reps or everything. It could really make it easier to gain some older reps on my alliance characters easier. Or anything do to with bgs, cause honestly warsong isnt moving lol
thanks blue, good news :)
100 Tauren Hunter
10/05/2012 07:58 AMPosted by Advicetroll
It would be nice if the rep gains were normalized and in line with all the other reputations so the revered the exalted grind would remain the same grind and not take twice as long for Pandaria reputations.

Yeah, I agree that Golden Lotus rep seems to be too low on a rep/quest basis and it feels like a serious gate, but halving the revered to exalted requirements doesn't solve that. Increasing rep/quest solves that problem. I'll say again that the only 'required' rep level, with gives actual character progressing rewards is revered. Exalted rep is not strictly speaking 'needed'. It should be a grind; the motivation is for cool looking stuff.

If the problem is that getting to revered (and subsequently the two other reputations) takes too long, this isn't a solution. Normalize quest gains to 250. That's a solution that solves the Golden Lotus problem. Making honoured to revered take longer than revered to exalted does nothing. You might as well just remove exalted, because making the reputation bottleneck honoured to revered completely nullifies it. Under this system it will still take over 2 weeks to get Golden Lotus to revered, but then 4-5 days to get to exalted. That's the essential opposite of every single reputation grind up to this point, and that doesn't make any sense.
Edited by Xolgren on 10/5/2012 8:58 AM PDT
100 Dwarf Hunter
It's really feeling like we're playing a beta.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I think the change for alts is a great change (I'm a little on the fence about the Revered -> Exalted double rep gain -- as others stated, this makes the entire rep system at that level seem poorly-thought-out), but this comes with a string of other major changes/announced changes that are making it really hard to predict -anything-.

It just really feels like playing a beta where everything is subject to change without much notice, so I just have to keep crossing my fingers that anything I'm banking on staying a certain way won't be changed.

Edit: If this applies universally, please keep an eye out for bugs that allow 'contradicting' reps to both end up at exalted (i.e., Aldor/Scryer). If the doubled rep is more than the lost rep from the 'opposite' faction, it could end up breaking a whole bunch of things.
Edited by Itarater on 10/5/2012 9:01 AM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]