Upcoming Reputation Changes

(Locked)

100 Blood Elf Priest
HELLO bring back tabards @ friendly and cut the nonsense.
Problems solved!
Folks that want to do dailes can still do them.
1 Human Rogue
10/05/2012 07:31 AMPosted by Advicetroll
Even cat centaurs and undead with a fixation on causing pain were giving players normal reputation gains.

This is the most hilarious post of the bunch.

But also so true.

The reputation gains are so ridiculous that I know I will have to grind for months to gain these reps. And just... whatever. I might as well give up now, because doing dailies for months is like a special circle of hell.

For the record, I'm fine with all the mounts and tabards being gated at exhalted with a long grind. Although I collect mounts, I realize that that's something I can live without.

Unfortunately, since I would like to be running raids ASAP I would like it to be much easier to gain crafted recipes and gear...not just for me, but for the toher 9/24 people in my raid. Even if I gear up (doubtful, with this daily thing, but suppose) then if the other people aren't geared I still can't raid. I can't run LFR by myself, I need 24 other people to be geared! And for pugs to spring up on my server I need other people to access the content. Pet battles for me until then.

The funniest thing is, I was and still am FINE with the old BC or so attunement system. Why? It felt epic and fun. Yeah you had to do a bunch of quests but at least there was a story to them and the point was unlocking the raids. Now I just feel like I need to grind a lot of mobs to access the same content. None of the epic, all of the gating.
Edited by Azea on 10/5/2012 9:28 AM PDT
100 Human Rogue
nope sorry ,im not lvling 7 more toons ,then go and up the rep for them all ,!@#$ off ...Talk about doing the same borning thing for the next year ,one toon should give the rep to all ,so the bop can been sent to your toons with it been bound to battle net account...then you have a dam good thing going ,but doing rep on all toons you are off you dam head if you think im going to burn my self out doing 7 toons for rep ,lol The rep stuff for one toon is overwellming now....You made people do this rep for a;ll their toons you are going to see alot people not wontting to log on to play any more ,talk about gridding.....
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
I'd really like my rep grinds to be painful and soul crushing.

Like Hero of Shattrath.

I understand this isn't for every one, though! Can't figure out WHY, but, there we have it.

This is just 100% win
For those that like numbers...

Total Rep by Xpac (before)
MoP 840k
Cara 294k
Wrath 546k
TBC 756k
Classic 1.18m

Total Rep by Xpac for Main (after)
MoP 630k
Cata 221k
Wrath 410k
TBC 567
Classic 882k

Total Rep by Xpac for Alts (after)
MoP 420k
Cata 147k
Wrath 273k
TBC 378k
Classic 588k

* main data assumes 1/2 rep required to exalted applies to all factions
** alt data assumes rep discount applies to all factions after a main reaches revered
100 Pandaren Priest
My suggestion for gaining reputation on alts would be as follows.

1) First character remains the same - you have to grind to revered.
2) Make the tabard purchasable at revered, give reputation in dungeons, and BOA.
3) The tabard stops working at revered.

So, nothing changes for the first character, and exalted is still a grind, though only for vanity items. But once they hit revered, they can buy a tabard for their alts and crank the repuations out that way - but only to revered. They'd still have to grind to exalted.

Gearing alts becomes pretty easy, but the vanity items (and whatever prestige they give) are still time-consuming.
Edited by Souji on 10/5/2012 10:40 AM PDT
100 Dwarf Warrior
While making it easier to grind rep on alts is all well and good, "The Revered character earns double reputation as he or she works toward Exalted" feels very much like overdoing it. I don't really see any problem with the time it takes to go from Revered to Exalted, and -- because doubling the rep gain is effectively the same as halving the rep required -- this would actually mean it takes LESS rep to go from Revered to Exalted than it does to go from Honored to Revered.

Here's a suggested tweak:
  • Any single character earns Revered reputation with a faction
  • All other characters on the Battle.net account begin to earn double reputation for that one same faction until Revered
  • Any single character earns Exalted reputation with a faction
  • All other characters on the Battle.net account begin to earn double reputation for that one same faction until Exalted
Edited by Vegdrasil on 10/5/2012 10:29 AM PDT
80 Gnome Priest
10/04/2012 10:05 AMPosted by Crithto
The Revered character earns double reputation as he or she works toward Exalted

This is the only line I dislike.

This appears as if we would just be grinding through honored twice.
100 Worgen Hunter

Then do the reputation. If you WANT to grind for twice as long, grind for twice as long. What is stopping you? If you legitimately enjoyed it, you'd keep going after you hit exalted.

Grinding twice as long doesn't earn anything. It doesn't even earn reputation points. It's like telling people that enjoy leveling to keep grinding mobs long after they've reached the cap.

And yes, R>E being shorter than H>R does in fact reduce the accomplishment.

EDIT: This is comparable to making the final boss in a raid easier to satisfy all the player that don't like raids but still want the rewards. Or reducing the cutoff for PVP's top rewards to include most players to satisfy those that hate PVP. Or making every cast of fishing reward a skill point all the way to 600 to satisfy those that want the cooking buffs but hate the effort required.

1) If you enjoy the grind, you enjoy the grind. People enjoy grinding reps and leveling because they enjoy being rewarded for the "effort." They don't actually enjoy the act. If they did, they would in face continue grinding after. Hell, even if you're delusional enough to actually believe you're enjoying the process (and not just the result), simply grind it out on a second character. Tadah, still being rewarded as you go and takes even longer!

2) It can't reduce the accomplishment if getting exalted isn't an accomplishment.

3) Those aren't at all what you're talking about (except the fishing one, which should also be implemented). Those things are actual challenges (maybe not much of a challenge, it is an RPG, but still, they require a brain). Grinding reps does not. It literally only requires time and the "skill" of not giving up when bored out of your mind. If being a better player helped you grind rep significantly faster, that'd be a cool solution, too, but it doesn't.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Awesome news!
90 Gnome Rogue
I like the alts part getting double rep but don't understand the point of making reputation double between revered and exalted. Isnt this essentially the same as lowering the amount of reputation needed to become exalted? Doesn't this just kind of invalidate the steps of raising from one reputation level to another?

/shrug
22 Tauren Warrior
My issue with these changes is it's not addressing the the problem. It's just an attempt to band-aid a wound that needs stitches.

The issue isn't the speed of the rep grind it's the fact there are no other options to gain these reputations.

OPTIONS. It's not a dangerous thing.

Put August Celestials rep on mobs inside Niuzao Temple
Put Shado-pan rep on mobs inside Shado-Pan Monastery and/or Setting Sun
Put Golden Lotus on mobs inside Mogu'Shan Palace.

Klaxxi, Tillers, Lorewalker and Cloud Serpent reps aren't a necessity unlike the ones mentioned above.
Edited by Agememnon on 10/5/2012 11:22 AM PDT
As long as Blizzard is rethinking some of the grindy-ness of gearing up and trying to be kinder to alts, please review the BOP nature of Spirit of Harmony! At least make them BOA if you don't want them sold.
100 Blood Elf Priest
I don't mind the alt friendly additions to the game, in fact I welcome these additions. I do, however, disagree with the need to add double reps gains for your main at revered. The double rep gains should not kick in until you have at least one toon exalted.

If all the rants for 'rep should be account bound' happen to sink in with someone at blizzard, I hope the account bound part is not unlocked until one toon is exalted. You should not be able to get to friendly on your main and pick up that grind on an alt.
85 Dwarf Hunter
Wonderful! Great news. Thank you, most especially if this is for all reps not just MoP reps.
90 Undead Death Knight
Earning reputation with various factions has long been an important part to World of Warcraft and as time has gone on, we've made tweaks and changes to the system to make it more interesting and to give players access to unique items. For example, we recently hotfixed the game to apply a change to some reputation items which you can read about in our [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7207170/Patch_505_Hotfixes_-10_2_2012"]recently updated blog[/url] that allows players to purchase certain items much sooner. And we're not done!

Coming in a future patch, earning reputation is going to become much more fluid. Basically, once one of your characters has reached at least Revered reputation with a faction, all other characters on the same Battle.net account will then earn reputation with the same faction at twice the rate. Going one step further, and as an added bonus, your main character who reached Revered will also begin to earn double the reputation as he or she climbs to Exalted.

Here's a simplified break down:

• Any single character earns Revered reputation with a faction
  • All other characters on the Battle.net account begin to earn double reputation for that one same faction
  • The Revered character earns double reputation as he or she works toward Exalted
  • ???
  • Profit

• We’ll keep you posted as this change is closer to being implemented. In the meantime, we’d love to hear your feedback!

"In a future patch"

How about tomorrow? The only reason i'm not even considering playing an alt in MoP is because of this whole botched rep-dailies grind. Even if the rate is doubled for alts, that still doesn't change that fact that you have to grind dailies to be able to grind dailies. Wasn't the whole thing with MoP supposed to be "play the way you want to play".

Right, cause I LOVE dailies...endless, indefinite amounts of dailies. Everyday, forever...and ever.
    Edited by Savíorself on 10/5/2012 11:54 AM PDT
    90 Troll Warrior
    10/05/2012 10:31 AMPosted by Peverell
    1) If you enjoy the grind, you enjoy the grind. People enjoy grinding reps and leveling because they enjoy being rewarded for the "effort." They don't actually enjoy the act. If they did, they would in face continue grinding after. Hell, even if you're delusional enough to actually believe you're enjoying the process (and not just the result), simply grind it out on a second character. Tadah, still being rewarded as you go and takes even longer!

I enjoy the system; the grind and rewards go hand-in-hand. Some people only enjoy the rewards, and that's who Blizzard is catering to with this change.

Raiders don't raid the same instance ad infinitum. They enjoy the act of raiding and the rewards, but once they've exhausted the content, they get bored and look forward to the next one.

2) It can't reduce the accomplishment if getting exalted isn't an accomplishment.

It's not an accomplishment to you. It is an accomplishment to me. Your opinion is not a fact.

3) Those aren't at all what you're talking about (except the fishing one, which should also be implemented). Those things are actual challenges (maybe not much of a challenge, it is an RPG, but still, they require a brain). Grinding reps does not. It literally only requires time and the "skill" of not giving up when bored out of your mind. If being a better player helped you grind rep significantly faster, that'd be a cool solution, too, but it doesn't.

Reps require dedication. If they weren't a challenge people wouldn't be complaining about how long they take. Games can be challenging in many different ways, but none of them appeal to everybody. The wonderful thing about World of Warcraft is that they don't have to - there's enough different challenges for everybody.
    Edited by Sabatieni on 10/5/2012 12:06 PM PDT
    87 Dwarf Shaman
    hhahahahaahahaahahaha UNDERPANTS GNOMES!!!!!!!

I can't believe NO ONE on the first page said anything about the underpants gnomes. omg come on people..... sigh... am I that old that south park references are failing me.

EDIT: Just scrolled through 7 more pages and only one person has commented on the "???" and it was someone that didn't get the reference....

COME ON PEOPLE YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME.
    Edited by Bluebomber on 10/5/2012 12:03 PM PDT
    I like the alts part getting double rep but don't understand the point of making reputation double between revered and exalted. Isnt this essentially the same as lowering the amount of reputation needed to become exalted? Doesn't this just kind of invalidate the steps of raising from one reputation level to another?

/shrug

Isn't this the same thing as the XP adjustments they make with every release except they applying it at the end of the curve instead of the beginning? The bottom line is that this change puts the current content more in line from a total rep availability standpoint with recent expansions - MoP still has the most rep to grind since TBC even after this change.
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]