Upcoming Reputation Changes

90 Troll Hunter
Well...I guess what we've learned here is that most people don't care about the RPG aspect of MMORPG. Personally, I love the dailys. I love gaining rep, and I love that when I go up in "rank" of reputation, there's usually a new set of quests waiting for me that progress the story of that faction.

Blizzard, you've made the questing experience, and even the daily experience, more enjoyable, and made doing dailys more rewarding by giving us extra chances at loot from raid bosses. And all people want to do is run 7 dungeons once a week and not log back in again. I feel for ya.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
I hear ya, unfortunately many not saying a majority but many would disagree. And many guilds want you to be raiding in epics and not Blue gear... A couple of Blues is fine, but you know.

This is not true.

You raid the first content in blues..

It is even do-able in some greens where you weren't able to acquire a blue. I have raided 2 nights since raids came out and have managed to down three bosses casually. In blues, until I had epics drop.

Now by the time I hit exalted with the factions, at the rate I'm going, I will not need the gear offered from vendors. So saying grinding dailies is required is purely false.

If you are not in a raiding guild or do not have time to raid. THEN you should dabble in reps because you can get same level gear that way. Reps offer mounts. Reps offer patterns to help you make money. These are all things that SHOULD require effort as they are purely cosmetic. The gear can be had by other means. To say that you NEED to grind dailies to raid is not accurate at all.. as I will not need the rep gear and will not be exalted probably until after I have raided many weeks and gotten that raid gear anyway.

It sounds to me like people want to remove the questing and dailies out of an MMO but still want things to do. I have seen posts where people complained about the mini-game type quests because they aren't controlling and learning their character. But others who complain about quests being all the same..gather x amount and turn in...etc.

People will never be happy and want it their way right away... But 10 million people playing must enjoy it.

Everyone wants to be a developer.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Earning reputation with various factions has long been an important part to World of Warcraft and as time has gone on, we've made tweaks and changes to the system to make it more interesting and to give players access to unique items. For example, we recently hotfixed the game to apply a change to some reputation items which you can read about in our [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7207170/Patch_505_Hotfixes_-10_2_2012"]recently updated blog[/url] that allows players to purchase certain items much sooner. And we're not done!

Coming in a future patch, earning reputation is going to become much more fluid. Basically, once one of your characters has reached at least Revered reputation with a faction, all other characters on the same Battle.net account will then earn reputation with the same faction at twice the rate. Going one step further, and as an added bonus, your main character who reached Revered will also begin to earn double the reputation as he or she climbs to Exalted.

Here's a simplified break down:

• Any single character earns Revered reputation with a faction
  • All other characters on the Battle.net account begin to earn double reputation for that one same faction
  • The Revered character earns double reputation as he or she works toward Exalted
  • ???
  • Profit

• We’ll keep you posted as this change is closer to being implemented. In the meantime, we’d love to hear your feedback!

I like this. Now do it with EXP and make it stack with heirlooms.
    Reply Quote
    34 Night Elf Priest
    And all people want to do is run 7 dungeons once a week and not log back in again. I feel for ya.

And there is something wrong with this....why? Blizzard is still getting the subscription fee. Why should they care if people don't want to quest?
    Reply Quote
    90 Troll Warrior
    10/05/2012 07:11 PMPosted by Crithto
    With regard to the amount of reputation needed for Honored to Revered, versus Revered to Exalted; we're definitely aware of the difference in numbers and are taking your concerns to heart.

I'm fine with R>E being double-rep...just not the first time.

10/05/2012 07:11 PMPosted by Crithto
    It provided a way for players to essentially double dip on rewards from dungeons and faction reputations simply by putting on a shirt when queuing. In Mists we’ve changed the reward structure in a way that we feel makes for a better, more diverse gameplay experience.

I feel the developers went to the opposite extreme with Mists of Pandaria. Before, you could double dip in dungeon and reputation rewards. Now, you must run dungeons AND reputation dailies to get the same rewards (specifically VP gear).
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Monk
    I have to agree with the guild rep explanation. i got to exalted wit my guild by level 43. Considering my warior and priest took weeks to get exalted. mostly due to the guild rep cap.
    Reply Quote
    90 Troll Hunter
    10/06/2012 06:35 AMPosted by Lureilyia
    And there is something wrong with this....why? Blizzard is still getting the subscription fee. Why should they care if people don't want to quest?

I dunno. I guess I thought people were tired of that. I guess I thought people hated that all you did in Cata was queue up for stuff. I guess I thought that people wanted a reason to leave the cities. I guess I thought that people wanted to see if Blizzard could justify their choice of Pandaren and give them compelling lore.

I dunno. I'm just rambling, I guess.
    Reply Quote
    90 Worgen Hunter

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you can't be wrong. You can be of the opinion that there's anything difficult about rep grinds or anything impressive about achieving exalted all you want, but it doesn't make it the truth. There's no difficulty whatsoever, unless you think overcoming tedium and boredom is a skill (hint: it's not).

And again. If you like the grind, keep grinding. In what way is the grind suddenly less fun because your rep bar no longer moves? The mobs and dailies are still EXACTLY the same. You're quite literally doing the same thing. It's like saying that tennis is only fun when the sky is a slightly overcast shade of grayish blue and not when it's just a normal clear blue. It's completely irrelevant to the activity itself.

Literally the only "reason" to oppose making grinds faster is because you have a pathetic amount of free time and don't want everyone to have the same rewards as you, beacuse it magically (delusionally) makes you less happy with your rewards.

"You don't enjoy the same things I enjoy, therefore you are delusional."

If this will continue being the summary of your argument, don't bother.

Is that really any worse than "I'm right because <opinions>"?

It's really not complicated. The point of WoW is to have fun. To simplify it for you, break people down into two sets.

Set A: Don't really enjoy grinding, at least not beyond a certain point. As it currently stands, to access all of the content, they are required to grind, which they don't enjoy, defeating the point of playing a game. If you make the changes, they're able to enjoy the game much more.

Set B: Enjoy grinding. They are happy right now because there are lots of grinds. Guess what? With the changes, they can still grind as much as they want.

Pre shared rep/other rep changes: Set A can't fully experience the game and play the way they want without doing something they consider to be tedious and boring. Set B can fully enjoy the game.
    Post-shared rep/other rep changes: Set A can much more easily experience and enjoy the game without being bored. Set B can continue grinding and continue enjoying the game fully.

How is the post change situation not superior?
    Edited by Peverell on 10/6/2012 7:02 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Druid
    Honestly, I haven't read all 30 pages of this thread so I don't know if this has already been said.

Running these reps once is fine. The dailies have a good feel and having them alternate has kept them from being repetitive up to honored and low revered. The problem is that I have 10 alts. There is no chance whatsoever that I will have the motivation to re-run all these faction grinds on that many characters. I doubt that even the alternating dailies system could ever keep that from being painful.

I just don't think there is really any solution to this except to make most rep account-wide. Any adjustment to the amount of rep your alts get after your main is revered or exalted would have to be so great (for me) that it might as well be account-wide rep anyway.

What its going to come down to with the current system is that I'm gonna get my third or fourth alt to level 90, need to start on reps, and just mentally rebel at the thought and probably stop progressing on that character. Worse still, I have put so much time and effort into my alts that its the sort of thing I could see myself quitting the game over altogether. As an example, I am still on my current server despite many friends transferring BECAUSE I have so many alts (which I really do enjoy) and Blizzard has never provided a reasonable solution for moving all characters from one server to another. And please don't try to tell me that simple little service should end up costing me half of what I pay each month in rent. That is utterly ridiculous.
    Reply Quote
    16 Troll Druid

I dunno. I guess I thought people were tired of that. I guess I thought people hated that all you did in Cata was queue up for stuff. I guess I thought that people wanted a reason to leave the cities. I guess I thought that people wanted to see if Blizzard could justify their choice of Pandaren and give them compelling lore.

I dunno. I'm just rambling, I guess.

I'd love for there to be actual reasons to go out into the world, like interesting and dynamic and challenging content.

But there isn't. Playing spawn tag with the entire server to kill 12 of X EVERY DAY is not interesting, nor dynamic, nor challenging.

As for caring about the story and the factions, right now I could care less. I do know that I HATE Golden Lotus for sending me on the same god awful boring tasks every day for pitiful rewards.

I wish we could toggle 'At War' with these new factions as I'd much rather kill them all now than do anything for them.
    Edited by Natalana on 10/6/2012 7:18 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Shaman
    Do you understand how ridiculous what you just typed sounds?

2 HOURS A DAY to do things that people don't really want to do, but feel they are forced to do. 2 HOURS, before you can even think about doing what you want to be doing in the game.

Utterly ridiculous.

For some people, that is essentially equivalent to a 2 hour queue before they can actually start playing - only they can't afk through it.

You act as if this concept of performing tasks to accomplish a greater goal is something weird and alien to MMOs.
    What's that got to do with anything?

What Blizzard said they were going to do with mop was offer a choice of which of said tasks you wanted to do to progress. What they actually did was require you to do all of them.
    Reply Quote
    90 Gnome Mage
    10/06/2012 07:18 AMPosted by Natalana
    I wish we could toggle 'At War' with these new factions as I'd much rather kill them all now than do anything for them.

Now that sounds like a fun alternative to the dailies!

10/06/2012 07:06 AMPosted by Maximize
    Running these reps once is fine.

I sincerely hope Blizzard fixes it for people that don't feel these dailies are fine, even once. While you might be fine with running the dailies once, it just stops the game altogether for a lot of us.
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Paladin
    Dude WHERETHE !@#$ IS SHADO-PAN/CELESTIALDAYLIE !!!
    Reply Quote
    90 Undead Warlock
    Bring back championing tabards!!

Make them BOA, purchasable at exalted (or revered).

This I would like. This would be awesome!
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Death Knight
    Why not just set the tabards you recieve to be BOA and allow you to champion in dungeons. I don't mind doing the dailies once to 'see the story' as you want, seems your forcing my gameplay though.

It would meed your needs to ensure people see your content, but allow an option to progress as this xpac moves forward. I truly dread having to do these dailies on 10 or more characters, even with the changes that you are implementing it is still just going to be increadibly boring and time consuming and not a pare of the gameplay I as a customer really want to participate in.
    Reply Quote
    90 Goblin Shaman
    Dungeon rewards won't keep me coming. Once I have full dungeon peices, I won't touch heroics again unless it's on an alt. Is it rewarding? Yeah, while I need rewards. Now, I'm just queing for specifics anyways for the things I need rather than randoms.

Now if I had a tabard, that would be another story.

I do dailies with friends, neither of us want to do them. Yesterday when I procrastinated I was told I shouldn't procrastinate becuause he doesn't "want that shadow looming over him all day." I was able to put dailies off from 10am to about 6:20pm. A personal record. =x (Minus that one day I just didn't do them at all and regretted it)

Gimmie my rep tabards back, you get at least two healers back in dungeon que from me and my dailies partner.

Had 5 80's in WotLK, 9 85's in Cata, at the moment with how gruding things are, I'm looking at -maybe- one alt, and not anytime soon.
    Edited by Tazila on 10/6/2012 8:14 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Druid

One of the most asked questions so far is, what gives with the tabard changes? When we introduced reputation tabards in The Burning Crusade, they were set to be used as a means to gain attunement for raiding. Sadly, the specificity of each tabard made it so they discouraged players from running dungeons together.

I believe that not having tabards reward rep actually (as in BC) discourages people from running dungeons together. In fact, it virtually forces us into solo play to gain the rep we need to be able to spend the valor points we get (mainly) from communal play (i.e.raids/dungeons). This is a big deal.

In Cata, I would rarely have friends bow out of dungeon so they could grind gold from dailies. However, early on if they wanted, for example, the Tol Bad Seagul (or trinkets, etc) they might. But once they had enough rep to get a tabard, they were like "sure, I'll come, I'll just put on the tabard".

Something to think about. While I usually do dailies with a friend of mine, many, many people don't. So, for many people, we're being (in essence) forced to solo in order to spend currency we get from group play. Not a good model, imo, and clearly something a lot of folks are expressing frustration with.
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Mage
    10/04/2012 10:11 AMPosted by Chuckbrtwski
    Are there any plans to implement a similar system for guild rep? For example, if I have my main toon at Exalted rep for my guild, would that mean all my alts could gain guild rep at a faster rate?

Guild rep has been nerfed to oblivion and back, with a 100% tabard, you can be exalted with a guild in about 20-25 levels. Do you want a blizzard employee to come and work your keyboard so you don't have to get out of bed?
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]