Upcoming Reputation Changes

(Locked)

90 Gnome Mage
10/07/2012 09:02 AMPosted by Rhorle
There are plenty of ways to get gear with out doing one daily quest in MoP. They are the very definition of optional. Just because you want something doesn't mean it is required.

I MUST grind dailies to get the enchanting and tailoring patterns. I HAVE to do them. I must grind and grind to get those so don't tell me they are the very definition of optional. The ONLY way to get them is to grind the same stupid dailies.

Firestyle, we get it. You like the dailies, good for you. We are asking for options not advocating the removal of the dailies. Some people like to do them some don't. I don't mind a few now and then but making them mandatory, and yes Rhorie they are mandatory, is what I have a problem with. It turned a game into a monotonous grind and I have one of those already. A job.
90 Human Paladin
The new factions discouraged me from lvling alts.
My guildies and friends say the same.
Why? Because with all the dailies I need to do just to be able to spent my VPs, it feels like I'm still lvling.

During Cataclysm, the ONLY faction I bothered doing on my alts was deepholme, and I hated it.

Now...Im forced to do it in all of my toons if I want to spent my VPs, it's like lvling forever.

You guys kept claiming you wanted to give playes choices in MoP, and yet you forced everyone to quest......A LOT.

I even race changed to human, to try and make it go faster.

I rather spam dungeons, than quest forever.

Doubling the rep rate on a Alts, doesnt seem like enough.
if your main is exalted, your alts should have acces to the VP stuff from that fasction.

Or why not make it a 2 steps unlock?

1- Get exalted on ur main.
2- Exalted classy MoP achievement.
So that instead of hitting 90, a paladin, warlock, etc has to get exalted with the faction.

3- Unlocked on alts.
90 Pandaren Shaman
I just don't see them sacrificing players going out in the world doing things, just so you don't feel like you have to do dailies. And you don't have to do them, again - 4 normal modes down here, I have more epics from that than dailies - and I didn't even have an epic from dailies when I killed them. We'll clear the instance this week hopefully, and my guild isn't even near top tier. We rank like 1000+ in the world for sure.

And no, I don't really like dailies either - but I am ok with them as a trade-off for having a functioning WORLD again.

I MUST grind dailies to get the enchanting and tailoring patterns. I HAVE to do them. I must grind and grind to get those so don't tell me they are the very definition of optional. The ONLY way to get them is to grind the same stupid dailies.

Gating the enchanting patterns was a bad idea. I would have gone a different way on this one and made them rare drops from mobs around the world. It serves the same purpose as getting people out in the world, makes it so you can't have an enchanter alt and ignore the world, but gets the rewards away from dailies.
Edited by Firestyle on 10/7/2012 10:12 AM PDT
100 Troll Druid
10/07/2012 09:32 AMPosted by Firestyle
I really don't understand this point of the change.
By doubling rep at revered you're making it easier to do Revered -> Exalted then doing Honored -> Revered, which comes off as really strange to me.

I love the double-rep for alts deal, that'll be really helpful, but I see no reason to extend this for main characters to speed their way to exalted, especially when getting exalted with current reputations is largely a flavor bonus.

because most of the rewards are BOA, and so it then becomes most efficient to get them by using an alt to go from revered -> exalted, rather than continue on your main.
Unless you're referring to mounts, none of the exalted rewards are boa.
Regardless though, it should just be restricted at revered. There's no real purpose in pushing alts past revered, and pushing exalted becomes far too easy when you double reputation gains.
90 Pandaren Shaman
Unless you're referring to mounts, none of the exalted rewards are boa.

Mounts and pets are pretty big motivators. And yes, that is what I was referring to. But I agree with you, I personally think this all should be left alone. But people wanna cry about dailies, and talk about options, but they really just want to dungeon grind their way to everything.

Realistically, they should go back and play diablo III - but I have a feeling the dungeon grind was too hard there, so they want an easy dungeon grind and QQing here might get it for them.
Edited by Firestyle on 10/7/2012 10:15 AM PDT
86 Human Paladin
okay now just make it so you can get reputation in ways other than doing dailies

thx!
Will this work for all reps?
90 Worgen Warrior

One of the most asked questions so far is, what gives with the tabard changes? When we introduced reputation tabards in The Burning Crusade, they were set to be used as a means to gain attunement for raiding. Sadly, the specificity of each tabard made it so they discouraged players from running dungeons together.

The tabards in BC didn't give rep. Tabards increasing reputation gains in dungeons didn't happen until WotLK. In BC it was doing dungeons that gave rep; normal usually gave rep until honored/revered depending on the level requirements, and heroic gave rep through exalted.

I suspect that you knew this and misspoke, because the next part of your post--about two players not being able to run a dungeon for a specific type of rep--doesn't make any sense if rep tabards were introduced in BC.

In any case, you should fix this post so it is more accurate.
100 Worgen Druid
To be honest there are so many damn dailies now I don't know what to do. For the first time in a long time, I have to do a lot of homework on where my stuff is, and make a plan to do it.

This is partially fun. I enjoy this kind of logistics.

The unfun part is that I have to use a resource like WoWhead to sit and plan out where everything is. JP/Valor Vendors are spread around, I have no idea where to learn new things for my professions.

I enjoyed finding this stuff out in-game most of the time, but the 'discovery' aspect is so far out of reach since you're weeks away from unlocking vendors/rep/etc that it just becomes a huge tedious process.

Honestly I like the changes. I think they are fun, and the need to make a daily plan is kinda cool. I like the idea of it being a bit easier or having more options for my Alts to grind the rep I am already doing on my main, but I hope you guys don't go crazy and nerf the !@#$ out of it. Gating is fine if the journey to the gate/prize is worth it.
90 Undead Priest
@Arrowset As long as they make it battle.net account wide I can't see this being an issue.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Seems like a good idea but for me I only farm rep for mounts so the cross character rep isn't really much of a bonus due to the mounts being shared through all characters.
90 Gnome Priest

You keep saying dont take away dailies, I dont see anyone here posting to take them out its like your arguing with yourself. Asking that rep tabards exist isnt asking that dailies be eliminated. Is there a reason you could not continue to do dailies if rep tabards existed?

Dailies existed in wotlk and cata, and few did them. Trust me, adding rep to dungeons deprecates the dailies because the dungeons would be too rewarding. We can argue this point, but the developers already know this. So you can try to sell me that I'm wrong, but you secretly know I'm not - and the developers know too.

Where did he say rep tabards do not depreciate the dailies? Why change the argument? Where are you getting this idea that people are asking for the dailies to be removed? No one is asking for that here. All people are saying is that it would be nice to have the option to gain rep gear from a playstyle that they enjoy. What exactly is so wrong with that?

No one wants an instant gear button. Blizzard isn't locking these rewards behind a difficulty wall, they are locking them behind a time sink wall. So why does it matter to anyone how I spend that time as long as I am spending it playing the game? For those that love dailies, great, you have that option, an option I am glad you have and do NOT want taken away from you. But the option that I and many others have enjoyed for the past couple of expansions has now been removed.

In Wrath and Cata you could dungeon grind for rep and there was no VP gear tied to dailies, and yet somehow dailies still existed. It wasn't just a few people doing them either, lots of them did. I know every time I was out doing them I saw plenty of others doing the same.

Blizzard wants VP gear to be locked behind a rep grind, okay fine. Why force one path to get that rep though? They could make dailies the easiest and most efficient way to get rep, yet still leave a way for players such as myself. Dungeons too rewarding? Make it so that wearing a tabard negates your ability to roll on gear. Put a cap on rep through dungeons. Make it take 3 times longer to gain rep with a tabard than time spent doing dailies. Have tabards stop working at revered. I really don't care just please give me the option

Rep tabards do depreciate the dailies, but only for the people who hate doing them. For the people who DO enjoy them the reward is still there. No one is asking for that to be removed. We just want our option back!
100 Troll Warlock
Make secondary professions account wide.
27 Blood Elf Priest
Honestly I dont see the big deal with rep in the first place I mean you get a mount you could have gotten by playing that particular race to leveldom. and a very slightly cheaper cost on items and a title is all you get enough exalted reps. not really all that grand a reward the tabbard thing just makes it slightly less time consuming to get them.*shrug* If something was to be improved how about lowering artisian riding to something more reasonable then 4K with the the fact that the new cap is level 90 it seems redundant to pay so much for something thats avaiable 20 levels below cap.
90 Human Rogue
Vox
Where I agree, I also disagree. I like the take on making the rewards system diverse and the experience more geared towards exploring the factions of MOP, but why not just deliver the best of both worlds?

Allowing a tabard that is only unlocked at revered would make the dailies/grind less redundant while still delivering the goal you all set. Also, doing so will allow players to have more choice as to how they finish out their rep and make the rep grind more enjoyable.

Currently, the daily only setup makes getting to Exalted more of a job than fun. I understand you are making it easier, but still--it should be about choice.

I like my idea since it has the best of both worlds and more choice.
90 Pandaren Shaman

Dailies existed in wotlk and cata, and few did them. Trust me, adding rep to dungeons deprecates the dailies because the dungeons would be too rewarding. We can argue this point, but the developers already know this. So you can try to sell me that I'm wrong, but you secretly know I'm not - and the developers know too.

Where did he say rep tabards do not depreciate the dailies? Why change the argument? Where are you getting this idea that people are asking for the dailies to be removed? No one is asking for that here. All people are saying is that it would be nice to have the option to gain rep gear from a playstyle that they enjoy. What exactly is so wrong with that?

No one wants an instant gear button. Blizzard isn't locking these rewards behind a difficulty wall, they are locking them behind a time sink wall. So why does it matter to anyone how I spend that time as long as I am spending it playing the game? For those that love dailies, great, you have that option, an option I am glad you have and do NOT want taken away from you. But the option that I and many others have enjoyed for the past couple of expansions has now been removed.

In Wrath and Cata you could dungeon grind for rep and there was no VP gear tied to dailies, and yet somehow dailies still existed. It wasn't just a few people doing them either, lots of them did. I know every time I was out doing them I saw plenty of others doing the same.

Blizzard wants VP gear to be locked behind a rep grind, okay fine. Why force one path to get that rep though? They could make dailies the easiest and most efficient way to get rep, yet still leave a way for players such as myself. Dungeons too rewarding? Make it so that wearing a tabard negates your ability to roll on gear. Put a cap on rep through dungeons. Make it take 3 times longer to gain rep with a tabard than time spent doing dailies. Have tabards stop working at revered. I really don't care just please give me the option

Rep tabards do depreciate the dailies, but only for the people who hate doing them. For the people who DO enjoy them the reward is still there. No one is asking for that to be removed. We just want our option back!

I don't have an issue with it. But I know people tend to 1) follow the shortest path / easiest path, and 2) don't do things without associated rewards. Let's be honest, people aren't going to do dailies and will not be out in the world if it is not the most efficient route to obtaining the rewards; period.

I'm completely on board with other 'options'. I am 100% against dungeon-based rep as a solution. I've seen people shoot down dailes, and shoot down item (mogu key, dread amber shard) grinding.

What other options do you have, that is not dungeon grinding? Specifically those that might also keep people in the world.
94 Night Elf Rogue
You know what? I was going to type out something worthwhile, but there are already 42 pages of people who probably think this is fantastic, so the hell with it.

Way to dumb down the game, Blizzard.
As someone who is revered with 3/5 of the daily hubs, I can tell you I'm about to rage. The only reason I haven't raged is because I've finally reached the point where I'm -just- doing the hubs I'm not revered with and ignoring the rest for now until you add in the lol'able double rep to hit exalted. Then I'll just knock out one of them per week!

Seriously blizz, this has been aggravating, worst part is I'm STILL not done with GL and I haven't missed a daily since hitting 90 on the 28th.

11 days of the EXACT same dailies are ridiculous, I really don't care if the last 4 of the 12 dailies required finally changes at honored to something that takes about 30 seconds to complete minus the killing 10 bugs on the wall, please give us an option B for -alts- at least, please.
90 Human Warlock
In Cataclysm, I ended up running dungeons with a couple of characters and battlegrounds on two more.

Others, sadly, were left on the shelf or used as mat farmers.

If Account-wide rep isn't put into play, I guess it'll be the same over again.

Off to the battlegrounds after 90, I guess.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]