Upcoming Reputation Changes

(Locked)

81 Human Warlock
You two and going back to the same dribble. I already replied earlier today why you shouldn't get rep in dungeons. Go read it and learn something. They're already making it easier for alts as it is. I'm glad Blizzard has stood by their guns and i hope they continue to do so. Group content runners don't need easier access to non group runner's gear... if you want the non group content gear, then do the none group content. Especially since, now get this, you can do it in a group!
100 Human Warlock
10/07/2012 09:10 PMPosted by Tomie
You two and going back to the same dribble. I already replied earlier today why you shouldn't get rep in dungeons. Go read it and learn something. They're already making it easier for alts as it is. I'm glad Blizzard has stood by their guns and i hope they continue to do so. Group content runners don't need easier access to non group runner's gear... if you want the non group content gear, then do the none group content. Especially since, now get this, you can do it in a group!

Every word you said screams superiority complex. It's fantastic you feel like the current system is good, that's your right. But I don't see how you are an absolute authority on the subject, and I don't see how your opinion is better than ours, or how our's is wrong.

I don't want easy access to "non-group runners" gear. I want an alternative to spamming dailies over and over and over in order to get the only VP gear in the game. The only gear atm that is higher than 463's(top dungeon gear), the only tailoring patterns in the game higher than 450's. I don't see how that is for a select group of elite people such as yourself.
Edited by Urmomsaidwow on 10/7/2012 10:39 PM PDT
36 Human Paladin
10/07/2012 10:36 PMPosted by Urmomsaidwow

Every word you said screams superiority complex. It's fantastic you feel like the current system is good, that's your right. But I don't see how you are an absolute authority on the subject, and I don't see how your opinion is better than ours, or how our's is wrong.

I don't want easy access to "non-group runners" gear. I want an alternative to spamming dailies over and over and over in order to get the only VP gear in the game. The only gear atm that is higher than 463's(top dungeon gear), the only tailoring patterns in the game higher than 450's. I don't see how that is for a select group of elite people such as yourself.

YOu don't need the valor gear to progress. You can do lfr with heroic gear. Just because you want your epics and YOU WANT IT NOW!!! Doesn't mean you need it. And if you don't plan on doing LFR or raiding at all, than u deserve to actually work for your stuff rather than throw on a tabby and run a cpl easy !@#$ heroics for free epic handouts .
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/07/2012 02:18 PMPosted by Lailokan
I have a damage macro that hits all of my offense CDs with one button during boss battles. MASSIVE damage with Holy Avenger.

I let guardian of the ancient kings out first, when it has 20 seconds left I pop Holy avenger THEN wings with hammer of wrath. You get more DPS out that way since the guards stacks are higher then they would be if you used a one shot macro.
36 Human Paladin
10/07/2012 05:50 PMPosted by Urmomsaidwow
Tabards giving rep in dungeons is all I want to see. I don't care if I have to run a dungeon 5 times to get equal rep as doing dailies.

5? That's it? We have how many dailies and you think u should only have to run 5 dungeons? .. I think the tabard is an awful idea and blizzard knew it and it's why they didn't implement it in this expansion
Edited by Claryssa on 10/7/2012 10:54 PM PDT
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I personally like the expansion so far. But, I think that dailies were the absolute worst addition to the game. Ever.

I have no interest in running a quest more than once per character. I like playing the game with friends. I don't like running quests repeatedly. If I have to do the same thing over and over again I would prefer it to be something that requires a group to do.

Since the game is an MMO and Blizzard said they wanted people to play together and put the multi- back in multi-player I would think that running group content would be the goal.
36 Human Paladin
I personally like the expansion so far. But, I think that dailies were the absolute worst addition to the game. Ever.

I have no interest in running a quest more than once per character. I like playing the game with friends. I don't like running quests repeatedly. If I have to do the same thing over and over again I would prefer it to be something that requires a group to do.

Since the game is an MMO and Blizzard said they wanted people to play together and put the multi- back in multi-player I would think that running group content would be the goal.

IF they even added rep tabards back in the game, they would definitly have to add a daily rep cap. But you would still be missing out on all the gold the dailies give, the valor (for what its worth), and the treasure bag from the vale dailies. I can't see them adding extra valor into dungeons otherwise they would have done so from the start. I think alot of people are having a hard time adjusting to the changes, but with this rep nerf, it's going to be twice as fast. I personally hope Blizzard doesn't nerf the rep gain anymore. I like it how it is.. and for the person who said they want a SoH to drop off of every heroic. No. They made them hard to get for a reason. You have to work to get them :)
100 Human Warlock
10/07/2012 10:53 PMPosted by Claryssa
Tabards giving rep in dungeons is all I want to see. I don't care if I have to run a dungeon 5 times to get equal rep as doing dailies.

5? That's it? We have how many dailies and you think u should only have to run 5 dungeons? .. I think the tabard is an awful idea and blizzard knew it and it's why they didn't implement it in this expansion

I don't care If I'd have to run 20 dungeons to hit a daily cap of 1000 rep.

But in all fairness I really do think 5 dungeons would be about even with doing 15 daily quests (or however much you can do per faction per day). doing 15 quests takes what...20-30 min? 5 dungeons takes alot more than that.

I'd be willing to take more time earning rep though, as long as we don't have to do dailies. Dailies leave a bad taste in my mouth that I can't even describe. It's the crap of Wow, and is something that shouldn't even exist in an mmo in my opinion.
100 Blood Elf Paladin

IF they even added rep tabards back in the game, they would definitly have to add a daily rep cap. But you would still be missing out on all the gold the dailies give, the valor (for what its worth), and the treasure bag from the vale dailies. I can't see them adding extra valor into dungeons otherwise they would have done so from the start. I think alot of people are having a hard time adjusting to the changes, but with this rep nerf, it's going to be twice as fast. I personally hope Blizzard doesn't nerf the rep gain anymore. I like it how it is.. and for the person who said they want a SoH to drop off of every heroic. No. They made them hard to get for a reason. You have to work to get them :)

Adding a cap is fine. As for the gold, I could care less. I don't care about the nerf personally, I just don't want to do daily quests.

I dislike seeing the blue ! and thinking yep daily quest, don't read it just hit accept open map go to area highlighted and kill anything there until the quest says it is complete. Where as if it were a real quest, I would read it to see what I have to do. Then go do what ever it was and go back to turn it in.

If I need to do a task in game to progress to the next level of play, I should have to actually pay attention to the game while doing said task. If I can watch TV while doing the required task then what am I actually getting out of the game at that point? Loot for mindlessly clicking on the screen? It's kind of like telling someone you will give them $100,000 a year to do 1 hour work a day. Then telling them the 1 hour of work is spread across 10 hours and they have to stay at work the whole time mindlessly clicking on a box on their computer screen that moves to a different place every 5 minutes. Some people might like that but, its not for me.
85 Blood Elf Death Knight

YOu don't need the valor gear to progress. You can do lfr with heroic gear. Just because you want your epics and YOU WANT IT NOW!!! Doesn't mean you need it. And if you don't plan on doing LFR or raiding at all, than u deserve to actually work for your stuff rather than throw on a tabby and run a cpl easy !@#$ heroics for free epic handouts .

No and you didn't need to abuse the crap out of LFR to progress. Nor did you need to use the DS buff to progress. Nor did you need to farm the crap out of old instance for gold to progress. You didn't need to run toc 4 times in a week to progress. However if optional content is to rewarding it stops becoming optional and simply becomes the way that people play the game. That is a literal direct quote from ghostcrawler. The developers KNOW this. They won't give pvpers weapons at honored. Why? BECAUSE THEN EVERY PVER WOULD DO IT. Because it's simply to rewarding to do it. The most rewarding styles of gameplay become the ones that are always done. I don't understand why he can recognize that one second and then completely ignore it the next.

The extension of the argument that I don't need valor gear is to say that really I don't need to do anything in the game. When you tell people they don't need to do something and they don't have to then they won't. They will sit around and ask what to do now? Especially when so much of the progression one could hope to achieve on ones own is tied behind this stuff. I mean this may surprise you but even people who don't raid regularly or even at all still like to grow and progress their characters. Blizzard has done these plays a great disservice.

These changes are absurd and frankly should have never left beta. This will only serve to create a bigger rift in the community because a handful of people decided to hijack the game to suit their own ends which more or less revolve around HEY HE CAN'T HAVE IT TO.... You still had your 403 gear in DS and nobody gave a !@#$. You just want people to care about your gear. This is cataclysm 2.0. It is a wholly regressive change that will be nerfed.
Edited by Malemort on 10/8/2012 12:29 AM PDT
10/07/2012 09:10 PMPosted by Tomie

You haven't proven anything. In fact all you've done is taken a supposition which isn't supported by any evidence, isn't supported by the history of valor or justice gear and with a second of intuitive thought can be undermined pretty fast. If valor gear is only meant for single players then why isn't the only way to get it from dailies? The gear upgrading system of which we know nothing about simply isn't rewarding enough to make up for the fact that you are loosing out on some relatively easy and inexpensive pieces of gear SO LONG AS YOU DO DAILIES EVERY DAY FOR X AMOUNT OF TIME. Any raider who is worth his or her salt will not only upgrade pieces but will also look to see if any of the daily pieces are better than what she/he has or what he/she can upgrade. Simply it is to good as it is and either needs to be removed from the vendors or nerfed. I would prefer they remove it from the vendors. The rep grind in TBC was almost all cosmetic stuff anyway and could be easily avoided. That's what made IOQD the best daily rep grind ever and the pinnacle of this system. It was server wide and those who had the time could participate in it as they chose and those who couldn't or could only participate a little bit didn't lose out on a thing.
Edited by Malemort on 10/8/2012 12:30 AM PDT
Let's not beat around the bush here, their is only one reason for this change and it isn't particularly good. You and I were having to much fun under the old system of things and Blizzard coudln't keep up. Gating and backstopping content to this degree is hardly any different than 9 months without content. Blizzard needs to do a better job at producing compelling pve (dungeons and raids) content at a faster pace. It is simple as that. You either make more or squeeze out more of what you have. They have elected to do the second which leads me to believe they are incapable of doing the first. Perhaps titan has sucked up to many resources.

I had been enjoying myself in this expansion right up until I hit lvl 90 and realized how unrewarding the dungeon experience is. It ihas never been this unrewarding and by any comparative or relative measure this can be understood. The tabards were put in place to encourage people to do dungeons but apparently that wasn't a good thing. Yet another 180 degree decision. As I stated earlier this change is regressive, punishes people who can't log in every day and does little for the average player except give them the impression that their is so much to do when in reality it's all just gated content that will last them who knows how long. Hell they even reverted the change they made to heroic dungeons in cataclysm. You now have to do them every day instead of 7 per week whenever you felt like it. I don't understand it one bit. I suspect just like in cataclysm we will soon be seeing a blog detailing all of this in great measure.....
Edited by Malemort on 10/8/2012 12:21 AM PDT
36 Human Paladin
10/07/2012 11:42 PMPosted by Urmomsaidwow

I don't care If I'd have to run 20 dungeons to hit a daily cap of 1000 rep.

But in all fairness I really do think 5 dungeons would be about even with doing 15 daily quests (or however much you can do per faction per day). doing 15 quests takes what...20-30 min? 5 dungeons takes alot more than that.

I'd be willing to take more time earning rep though, as long as we don't have to do dailies. Dailies leave a bad taste in my mouth that I can't even describe. It's the crap of Wow, and is something that shouldn't even exist in an mmo in my opinion.

There are more than 15 dailies lol
36 Human Paladin

Adding a cap is fine. As for the gold, I could care less. I don't care about the nerf personally, I just don't want to do daily quests.

I dislike seeing the blue ! and thinking yep daily quest, don't read it just hit accept open map go to area highlighted and kill anything there until the quest says it is complete. Where as if it were a real quest, I would read it to see what I have to do. Then go do what ever it was and go back to turn it in.

If I need to do a task in game to progress to the next level of play, I should have to actually pay attention to the game while doing said task. If I can watch TV while doing the required task then what am I actually getting out of the game at that point? Loot for mindlessly clicking on the screen? It's kind of like telling someone you will give them $100,000 a year to do 1 hour work a day. Then telling them the 1 hour of work is spread across 10 hours and they have to stay at work the whole time mindlessly clicking on a box on their computer screen that moves to a different place every 5 minutes. Some people might like that but, its not for me.

No and you didn't need to abuse the crap out of LFR to progress. Nor did you need to use the DS buff to progress. Nor did you need to farm the crap out of old instance for gold to progress. You didn't need to run toc 4 times in a week to progress. However if optional content is to rewarding it stops becoming optional and simply becomes the way that people play the game. That is a literal direct quote from ghostcrawler. The developers KNOW this. They won't give pvpers weapons at honored. Why? BECAUSE THEN EVERY PVER WOULD DO IT. Because it's simply to rewarding to do it. The most rewarding styles of gameplay become the ones that are always done. I don't understand why he can recognize that one second and then completely ignore it the next.

The extension of the argument that I don't need valor gear is to say that really I don't need to do anything in the game. When you tell people they don't need to do something and they don't have to then they won't. They will sit around and ask what to do now? Especially when so much of the progression one could hope to achieve on ones own is tied behind this stuff. I mean this may surprise you but even people who don't raid regularly or even at all still like to grow and progress their characters. Blizzard has done these plays a great disservice.

These changes are absurd and frankly should have never left beta. This will only serve to create a bigger rift in the community because a handful of people decided to hijack the game to suit their own ends which more or less revolve around HEY HE CAN'T HAVE IT TO.... You still had your 403 gear in DS and nobody gave a !@#$. You just want people to care about your gear. This is cataclysm 2.0. It is a wholly regressive change that will be nerfed.

I agree with some points you've made, however alot of people are complaining they can't get geared fast enough to RAID, becuause they need to unlock the valor gear. All I am saying is you dont HAVE to have it in order to raid, it's not essential, sure it would be nice, but that's what doing the dailies everyday will eventually reward. I'm getting confused as to what the real problem is. Is it that people just don't like dailies? Or is it that they want their valor epics faster? To say they shouldn't be gated behind rep is ridiculous. I hated how in Cata, you could hit 85, and they had a full set of justice gear that was above heroic level and very easily obrtainable.. I think this time they wanted the BOSSES to drop better gear than the vendors.
36 Human Paladin
10/08/2012 12:10 AMPosted by Malemort

You haven't proven anything. In fact all you've done is taken a supposition which isn't supported by any evidence, isn't supported by the history of valor or justice gear and with a second of intuitive thought can be undermined pretty fast. If valor gear is only meant for single players then why isn't the only way to get it from dailies? The gear upgrading system of which we know nothing about simply isn't rewarding enough to make up for the fact that you are loosing out on some relatively easy and inexpensive pieces of gear SO LONG AS YOU DO DAILIES EVERY DAY FOR X AMOUNT OF TIME. Any raider who is worth his or her salt will not only upgrade pieces but will also look to see if any of the daily pieces are better than what she/he has or what he/she can upgrade. Simply it is to good as it is and either needs to be removed from the vendors or nerfed. I would prefer they remove it from the vendors. The rep grind in TBC was almost all cosmetic stuff anyway and could be easily avoided. That's what made IOQD the best daily rep grind ever and the pinnacle of this system. It was server wide and those who had the time could participate in it as they chose and those who couldn't or could only participate a little bit didn't lose out on a thing.

It's really not that hard to do dailies though to get the rep you need, it's honored now I beleive. They have already nerfed it. Plus the double rep for alts, and from revered to exalted on main. I think it's a good compromise personally. I really doubt they'll bring back rep tabards. That's not the route they are taking this time around.
36 Human Paladin
Let's not beat around the bush here, their is only one reason for this change and it isn't particularly good. You and I were having to much fun under the old system of things and Blizzard coudln't keep up. Gating and backstopping content to this degree is hardly any different than 9 months without content. Blizzard needs to do a better job at producing compelling pve (dungeons and raids) content at a faster pace. It is simple as that. You either make more or squeeze out more of what you have. They have elected to do the second which leads me to believe they are incapable of doing the first. Perhaps titan has sucked up to many resources.

I had been enjoying myself in this expansion right up until I hit lvl 90 and realized how unrewarding the dungeon experience is. It ihas never been this unrewarding and by any comparative or relative measure this can be understood. The tabards were put in place to encourage people to do dungeons but apparently that wasn't a good thing. Yet another 180 degree decision. As I stated earlier this change is regressive, punishes people who can't log in every day and does little for the average player except give them the impression that their is so much to do when in reality it's all just gated content that will last them who knows how long. Hell they even reverted the change they made to heroic dungeons in cataclysm. You now have to do them every day instead of 7 per week whenever you felt like it. I don't understand it one bit. I suspect just like in cataclysm we will soon be seeing a blog detailing all of this in great measure.....

I think their goal is to keep people coming back day after day. If they gear up too fast they will be bored and not have a reason to do anything. Idk. I see ups and downs. I like that the gear from dungeons is better than what I can buy with justice from a vendor.. however my priest is almost ready to do LFR, and I have like 3000+ jp or so... and not quite sure what to do with that, since the justice gear does me no good now.

I agree with some points you've made, however alot of people are complaining they can't get geared fast enough to RAID, becuause they need to unlock the valor gear. All I am saying is you dont HAVE to have it in order to raid, it's not essential, sure it would be nice, but that's what doing the dailies everyday will eventually reward. I'm getting confused as to what the real problem is. Is it that people just don't like dailies? Or is it that they want their valor epics faster? To say they shouldn't be gated behind rep is ridiculous. I hated how in Cata, you could hit 85, and they had a full set of justice gear that was above heroic level and very easily obrtainable.. I think this time they wanted the BOSSES to drop better gear than the vendors.

And yet here I am effectively done with gear in the dungeons and ONLY farming the ones I need, dropping group when they don't drop what I need. The problem at it's core is that Blizzard simply cannot create content fast enough to make people happy. In lieu of this they have made the content they do have stretch out way further. This goes beyond not liking dailies (although frankly I hate them with a passion) and goes to the core of what was really wrong with cataclysm. To many people working on Titan and not enough reinvestment back into World of Warcraft. They have stretched themselves far to thin and it's beginning to show in the quality of their work. Think about their great solution to get people out in the world. Daily quests with a reward so good it just baits people out there. How utterly uncreative, how utterly bland and boring and how utterly lacking in any innovation or progress that is. Wtf were they doing for 9 months? I like alot of the changes in Mists but it really shows that in some aspects they are scraping for the bottom of the barrel here. Not only did they have to dredge the zombie of the daily quest farm up from the grave in this expansion they also had give such a good reward that people would feel compelled to do it, a great majority of then. The rep grinds in tbc wouldn't have worked for what was required because they were mostly cosmetic items. It's not about NEED get that out of our skulls right now. I don't need a damn !@#$ing thing in this game. I could pay 15 bucks and sit at the main menu. It's about DESIRE. When DESIRE is to great it stops being optional and starts becoming required. They know this. Ghostcrawler LITERALLY said it it himself. It's the same reason they HAD to nerf the pvp gear it was to good and everyone was doing it. BUT THEY CHOSE to forget this as it counts for rep and dailies.. they CHOSE to ignore this lesson... why did they chose to do that?
Edited by Malemort on 10/8/2012 1:10 AM PDT
90 Human Paladin
This really is one of the most silly changes that I've ever seen in this game. I have 2 90's and 6 85's. My room mate has 1 90 and 8 85's. We are not going to grind out 8 and 9 sets of dailies no matter how much reputation bonus you give me on any of my characters.

This is completely ridiculous. Who loves being forced into having to pay 15 dollars a month so I can go grind dailies all day? That's not fair at all. How can Blizzard advocate fairness amongst players if they can't even make something as simple as a reputation grind fair?

I hate to be THAT guy, but me and my room mate will not be playing WoW for very much longer if this isn't addressed soon.

I literally feel shoved into a corner because leading up to the patch you (Blizzard) really made me feel like the game was going to diverse and that the players had the choice in what they wanted to do when they logged on. Why did you even put things like Pet Battles in the game if you planned on making people farm reputations all day?

I'm not going to pay to play a game and be upset, I'm sorry. But all these dailies are going to do is burn out all the players that support your game. People were already burnt out on dailies after BC. Dailies are not fun. To some players they are fun, but that is the point of diversity. I should be able to run dungeons for rep while Jimmythedk does dailies, or while Sarathedruid runs raids or PvP's. But being forced into doing one thing because that's the only way to do it IS NOT FUN, and that defeats the purpose of your product.
Edited by Uncorrupted on 10/8/2012 1:38 AM PDT
90 Orc Warlock
Daily quests are garbage. I just did the quest grind to hit level 90. Why would I want to grind more quests? I hate doing dailies and refuse to spend the time that I have to play grinding them. I know some people who disagree and love dailies but they are not for everyone. I tried so hard to do them this time around but after the first 3 days, I just had enough.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]