Upcoming Reputation Changes

90 Gnome Mage
They want you out in the world. They have literally stated this on numerous occasions.

It's possible gating content was partly a reason, but bottom line is they want you out in the world. That is why we have dailies because they are for the most part out in the world.

If they want people out in the world that like small group content, put small group content out in the world. Give us 4-man dailies that are somewhere in the ballpark of scenarios/heroics for difficulty. There's no compelling 4-man content right now, so kill two birds with one stone.

I have no problem with dailies existing to entice people out in the world. Lots of people like them, so it's smart to put them out in the world instead of in SW/Org if you want people out there. But that's still no excuse to tell dungeon runners that they have to do boring single-player content if they want to actually be allowed to use all those valor points they keep getting.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
The thing is dailies don't KEEP people out in the world. Especially when you start out and only effectively have klaxxi and golden lotus to do. I mean if the other two weren't hidden behind golden lotus I could see myself spending more time doing them but even than as soon as I was done I'd be back in org afking. Honestly when you finish them do you hang out in valley of 4 winds and chill? Or do you hearth back to org and afk.
Edited by Malemort on 10/9/2012 3:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
10/09/2012 05:22 AMPosted by Jerzeydevil
I stopped doing them completely. I hate dailies. And if it means I can't raid then so be it. Rather not raid and cancel my sub then do hours of dailies everyday. And as a result, if I can't raid, I WILL cancel my sub. I don't pay $15.00 to do dailies. I pay $15.00 to log on and do what I want which most times is Raid and Never is Dailies!

If you are doing dailies for hours per day, you are doing it wrong. And for the sake of everything intelligent, stop using the "I'll cancel my subscription Blizzard, appease me!".
It's bad and you're bad for saying it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Just wanted to point out a few things.

1. I absolutely love the new system of reputations/valor gear. It has a very old school feel to it. And it makes you have to work for gear as opposed to the late wrath version of grind instances = full tier.

2. The dailies are easily and quickly done. This is especially true in a group. By grouping up I have both gotten to know some guild members better and met new people on my server. And they aren't so bad for dailies, heck the Klaxxi quests are done with two huge buffs that discourage pvp so that you can complete them quickly and without hassle.

3. I do not like the 1000 valor per week limit. By completing (for instance) 30 dailies a day at 5 valor per, I receive 150 valor per day. 150 x 7= 1050 valor. I have already exceeded the cap and I have not killed a single raid boss or run a heroic. In addition, my additional valor is not converted into justice or gold or even extra rep (from dailies). I feel that this needs to be adjusted to 1500 valor or even 2k per week.
Reply Quote
3 Undead Mage
I just think that rep should be account-wide on a single faction for MoP if you're gonna make dailies a staple.

It is earth-shattering, mind-boggling, unsub-inducing to have to log on in your main, do dailies across 3-4 factions, log out, then log onto your alt, 2nd alt, etc...

I get my GL dailies done in about 20 minutes (it's usually the flower picking that slows me down because everyone else is busy trying to pick the same thing), then now I have to move onto the klaxxi, another 15 minutes -- then log onto my alt and do the exact same thing again?!

It doesn't matter whether you earn rep at double the rate, that isn't the solution to most players, I think I speak for most when I say we'll gladly tolerate doing them once per day, but then the grind is over when you get exalted or wherever you want to. Over, period. Shouldn't have to do the same dailies 2 or more times in the same day...that's when it becomes "failies".

As for not enough endgame content...look, it's just better to admit that you're never going to have enough content for those who play 5 hours a day, and no game company can aim to do that. For the rest of us:

20 mins of dailies, 10 mins of traveling around the world, 25 mins daily BG, 25 mins daily heroic/scenario, 10 mins of waiting, 15 mins of crafting and 15 mins of chatting, that's already plenty to do - 2 hours just to finish doing the basic everyday stuff.

Don't forget the once a week LFR, once to twice a week raids, collect pets, maybe you might pet battle once a day, do a RBG, kill a world boss, play farmville, do old raids...

My point being, there's just so much to do in MoP, you are miles and miles ahead of your competitors in terms of content. GW2 and Swtor added together don't even have half of the stuff you can do in WoW. But more in this case =/= better. There has to be a balance between keeping things "fun" and keeping the hardcores happy.

IMO the hardcores are unlikely to unsub. They play so much, run out of content, but they'll keep coming back anyway. The reason why they play so much is because they're addicted. Most of them do. And you've got to play a heck of a lot of WoW to run out of content in pandaria.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I am curious if the most effective way to overcome significant in-game barriers, such as content difficulty and gating is to in fact come here and cry about it. It sure is the easiest, and if it is effective, then it certain becomes the most reasonable way to get what you want. I mean why do dailies, when I can complain about dailies on a daily basis, and by the time I would have otherwise completed them, the dailies will have been patched out and I never have to do them and now I have what everyone else has without having to do anything. Yah!

Blizzard has said that the reason for people quitting in Cataclysm was overwhelmingly lack of things to do. Now that there is stuff to do and this thread exists to basically say, "well we don't want to do that".

So basically the message from a lot of folks to Blizzard is to crank up the speed on the gear- grind machine, start churning out dungeon and raid content like there is no tomorrow and feed this monster they created. Because hard content won't cut it (as much as people proclaim they like challenge, they don't), nothing less than massive amounts of easy content on a never ending gear hampster wheel suffice.
Edited by Firestyle on 10/9/2012 6:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
10/09/2012 06:44 AMPosted by Firestyle
Because hard content won't cut it (as much as people proclaim they like challenge, they don't), nothing less than massive amounts of easy content on a never ending gear hampster wheel suffice.

You're making the mistake of assuming the playerbase is homogeneous. I hope Blizzard doesn't continue making the same mistake. Hard content won't satisfy everyone, but neither will easy content.

And for the record, when I quit last time I checked off that "not enough stuff to do" box because every time I asked if people wanted to do something, they replied with "no thanks, I'm doing dailies." And that was with TB dailies... on their 3/4/5th alts. Since I enjoy group content and that wasn't being done, there wasn't enough content for me. I could have found a different group, but it's too hard to find a group of players you really enjoy spending 10+ hours a week with. And I didn't put that as the reason for leaving WoW because Blizzard can't fix that anyways.
Reply Quote
I am curious if the most effective way to overcome significant in-game barriers, such as content difficulty and gating is to in fact come here and cry about it. It sure is the easiest, and if it is effective, then it certain becomes the most reasonable way to get what you want. I mean why do dailies, when I can complain about dailies on a daily basis, and by the time I would have otherwise completed them, the dailies will have been patched out and I never have to do them and now I have what everyone else has without having to do anything. Yah!

Blizzard has said that the reason for people quitting in Cataclysm was overwhelmingly lack of things to do. Now that there is stuff to do and this thread exists to basically say, "well we don't want to do that".

So basically the message from a lot of folks to Blizzard is to crank up the speed on the gear- grind machine, start churning out dungeon and raid content like there is no tomorrow and feed this monster they created. Because hard content won't cut it (as much as people proclaim they like challenge, they don't), nothing less than massive amounts of easy content on a never ending gear hampster wheel suffice.

Where to begin on this...

You seem to assume that we are all at home playing WoW and expressing our displeasure of this system at the same time. In fact, I am in my office, where I go every day from 7-5 until I go home and spend time with my family. When they go to sleep, around 8:30-9, I log in and have 2-3 hours of time to relax and enjoy playing my game. Only problem with that is an hour of that time, 33-50%, is taken up by mind-numbingly boring daily quests. So rather than running dungeons with my guild I have to do those dailies.

Blizzard has stated multiple times that they want people to play in the way that they want to play. This is NOT it.

Let me clarify a few things for those that weren't a part of this yesterday.

I don't want anything made easier. I don't want it made faster. I don't want it made SO much better than dailies that people stop doing them. I just want a way to gain rep OTHER THAN DOING DAILIES!

Keep your charms and keep your gear. I don't care about it. Keep the VP gear behind the reps. Doesn't bother me at all. Just make dungeons give rep somehow, with a cap so people don't complain, and most of us will leave your precious forums alone.

For the record, you and everyone else knows that people quit in Cata because we had a final major content patch that went for like a year. THAT was what people meant by nothing to do. I GUARANTEE you NOBODY meant they wanted a bunch of dailies to run every day.

Somebody earlier mentioned this felt "old school". That's because it IS old school. It was done before AND ABANDONED AS BAD DESIGN!!! It's how we got tabards in the first place.

Please don't sit in here and say we are whining for "easier" or "faster" because we aren't. Dailies are EASY, but they are also BORING... I enjoy group content. All I would like to see is that group content, which there is plenty of in MoP, give rep somehow. Not CRAZY amounts, but enouh to where I don't have to do dailies.
Reply Quote
Also, keep the charms out of it. If you want charms run the dailies. I think that is totally fair.

Although, I would like the 7 dungeons per week for VP brought back instead of 1 per day. Again, a failed design that was abandoned, but now seems to be ok because "we want people out in the world".
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
They want you logging in every day. That's the idea behind incentivizing the increased daily VP reward. It's also the reason why I like providing rep in dungeons as part of a daily quest. So you do a daily random, and a daily specific instance - and you got your VP and your rep for the day.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
10/09/2012 08:40 AMPosted by Firestyle
They want you logging in every day. That's the idea behind incentivizing the increased daily VP reward. It's also the reason why I like providing rep in dungeons as part of a daily quest. So you do a daily random, and a daily specific instance - and you got your VP and your rep for the day.

When did Blizzard say they want us logging in every day? I'm sure a lot of us that cannot log in every day would love to know Blizzard will be throwing design decisions at us constantly that frustrate us. It makes decisions related to the game a whole heck of a lot easier to make.
Reply Quote
Yes, and they have done this before. However, they stated that was bad design, which is why we got the 7 dailies per week instead of 1 per day.

Now they have seemingly decided it wasn't a bad design and have gone back to 1 per day, which punishes any person who can't log in every day.

Someone stated this a few pages ago. A player who can play for 1 hour every day will progress faster than someone that can play 3.5 hours twice per week. Why is that? 7 hours per week is 7 hours per week right? Why FORCE people to log in every single day?

I am not looking for an answer. I already know it. People that log in every day feel more "invested" in their characters. There have been studies done on this type of thing. The more "invested" you are in something the less likely you are to quit.

The problem with that is gamers are not normal people. If they stop having fun, they will leave. I just hope Blizz remembers this at some point.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
10/09/2012 08:43 AMPosted by Analt

When did Blizzard say they want us logging in every day? I'm sure a lot of us that cannot log in every day would love to know Blizzard will be throwing design decisions at us constantly that frustrate us. It makes decisions related to the game a whole heck of a lot easier to make.

It's implicit in the provision of additional rewards for the first dungeon instance daily. T hey are doubling the rewards for doing one instance per day - imply away.
Reply Quote

Cataclysm 2.0 people. Already their are posters telling us not to cry and to shut up and go along. The content in !@#$ing mists isn't hard it's just tedious. Learn the difference. Yes lack of things to do because it took them 9 months to give us any content at the end. I do think they could stand to do some gating but this is simply to much. I don't expect a major raid every month but at this point in this iteration with this much gating who !@#$in knows when we'll see another big hefty pve patch.
Edited by Malemort on 10/9/2012 9:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/09/2012 08:47 AMPosted by Firestyle

It's implicit in the provision of additional rewards for the first dungeon instance daily. T hey are doubling the rewards for doing one instance per day - imply away.

You mean like the rewards you get for doing dailies and how you don't get the maximum benefit from them if you don't do them daily. I just don't know sometimes...
Reply Quote
Also, keep the charms out of it. If you want charms run the dailies. I think that is totally fair.

Although, I would like the 7 dungeons per week for VP brought back instead of 1 per day. Again, a failed design that was abandoned, but now seems to be ok because "we want people out in the world".

Yea wtf why? this one made about as much sense as the quick and the dead nerf. No sorry the quick and the dead made more sense if you believe it was about the world bosses. It's crazy. It's like the devs are being led by the joker and he's just chasing cars.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
This is an MMO, and the game is premised around having things to do in it every day. That's the genre. If you don't want to do things in it every day, then you shouldn't expect to have all the same things as someone who does. At least in WoW - you CAN have those same things, just on a little bit slower progression - which is dictated by your own pace.

And doing them 5x over is really going to be time consuming, but the blue posts in this thread indicated they are accomodating that by doubling rep gains for alts. So doing it 5x over is really only 3x as time consuming.

I don't know what to say, I hope having stuff to do in this game stays around - particularly having stuff to do that occurs outside of instances. As a matter of fact, the more stuff we get outside of instances the better.

I want to play World of Warcraft, not Instance of Warcraft, or World of Instancecraft - or something where a players entire interaction post levle 90 occurs in a staged environment with a set number of players.
Reply Quote
Firestyle, why do you feel that it has to be one or the other? When have I ever said, make it so that nobody can run dailies?

If you like the dailies then do them, but why do you want to force ME to do them too. I want a way to get the same rewards, putting forth arguably MORE effort and time than you because dungeon runs would actually be longer and require more time.

I am not in any way trying to make it so you have less to do, so why try to force me to play in a way I don't enjoy? This game is big enough and has enough diverse things to do where we should all be able to enjoy ourselves.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]