Upcoming Reputation Changes

(Locked)

58 Blood Elf Death Knight
The main character gaining double reputation while leveling through Revered seems like overkill. Why not just half the required rep to go from Revered to Exalted? It's essentially the same thing.

I like the increased rep gain for alts though, and I think it will balance out well: still requiring the rep grind, but making it more accessible. I may end up with alts who have more than 5 reps at Exalted. ><
100 Human Mage
10/04/2012 10:52 AMPosted by Wafle
The change to reputation gain for alts sounds like a good one. I only have a few alts, and rep grinding on all of them is bad enough. I don't really get the change to double rep gain after Revered on your main, though. Why was this necessary? I just hit 90 yesterday, and I'm already Friendly and Honored with a few factions, and my reputation gain can only get faster from here. It's not like this is a horrible, game-breaking change, but I just don't see how reputation gaining was difficult enough to warrant this. Not to mention that it makes it take less time to get from Revered to Exalted than Honored to Revered, which is just awkward and feels very contrived and unnatural.

They doubled the pace of your alts once your main hits revered with a faction. They didn't say they would turn the speed boost off once your alt hits revered, so they had to increase the speed your main gains rep to exalted otherwise your alt would be 2x faster than your main which wouldn't make sense.
100 Night Elf Warrior
What if we converged a couple of the approaches.

I totally get wanting to make folks go through the dailies/questing to grind the rep for a faction. It immerses us in the faction, as well as helps the end-game last a bit longer.

I'd like to see the tabards go back to requiring Exalted to purchase. The kicker is that they're BoA items, and provide rep via dungeon runs, as we had the past couple of expansions. This would force us to go through the immersive experience with our mains, and then speed our alts through at whatever pace we prefer. We can pick up a tabard for our alts and skip the traditional grind completely, or we can skip the tabard and go through the grind again, if we like. Or even a combination of both :)
1 Undead Warlock
10/04/2012 10:10 AMPosted by Pahanda
Less grinding? I don't think too many people - except the truly Insane - will object to this.

Pahanda you don't agree this will cheapen the title for those of us who earned it prenerf or even those who earned it after the nerf ? (this rep change would be a second nerf to achieving The Insane title)

The Revered character earns double reputation as he or she works toward Exalted

This turns the grind from revered to exalted a joke for those doing the insane.

I like the rep changes stated in the OP but "The Insane" title should be made no longer obtainable as sad as it makes me to say it. It will make a prestigious title worthless imho

edit: Or instead of making the title no longer obtainable make the rep changes stated above only apply to MoP reputations and future reps.
Edited by Dotimusprime on 10/4/2012 11:12 AM PDT
100 Tauren Warrior
Because it would make it too easy and honestly don't be so lazy.

Honored with Klaxxi is extremely easy, honored with golden lotus is a week of dailies which you should be already.

Shado Pan honored is going to be extremely fast once you unlock it.

August Celestials I have no idea. Yet if you are even a semi competent raider the VP gear is not going to matter THAT MUCH. MV already matches it, heroic beat's it. Terrace and Heart are better than it.

It's the second freaking week too.

You're dramatizing the amount of time, and also the "importance" of VP gear. The entire PURPOSE of this change is for -alts-. Alts rely on JP/VP gear, LFR, Heroics, and some small raid groups to get gear... If they have to do a month+ of dailies to spend their JP... You still with me? BTW Shado pan takes 2-3 weeks depending on your bunch to get Revered. Celestials takes a bit longer.
90 Tauren Druid
I understand the change for the alts, but why would you make it easier to get to Exalted from Revered. Why just not turn off the boost until a "main" character reach to exalted then your alts can enjoy the boost to exalted from revered.

It's just unnatural to make the last step faster.
90 Human Warrior
You're still masking the rep issues. I'm still going to have to re-grind reps to purchase VP gear and other rewards on alts, it'll just be twice as fast now but still annoyingly required.

And I'm still not going to do that. Dailies aren't fun, they're required chores.

I really don't see why rep can't be shared.

They will never make Reputation account wide, period. This is the best you will get. No one if forcing you to play alts, if you do, that is your own decision.

This time around, I don't mind dailies, they keep me busy and out in the world rather then sitting in a city waiting for a queue to pop.

@ Riptor I am fairly certain that it is a bug with the quest you are given to get the tabard, the arathi tabard for alliance is the same way.
94 Night Elf Druid
This is a step in the right direction but it still will require us to log onto each alt for x amount of days to do dailies in order to gain exalted. Which is what we are wanting to avoid. I'd much rather have rep gains be normal til exalted then to be able to buy a BoA tabard that gives rep I can send to alts.

This removes gating, this makes us all endure the endless dailies you added into the game and experience them as I assume you want us all too(I'll still do them after exalted on occassion), and gives alts the new method of gaining rep via tabard option back.

The biggest issue those of us with many alts have is the fact that we're being -required- to grind dailies in the first place, doing less of them isn't going to make us much happier(it does a bit, but only slightly). It just means that instead of it taking 6-7 months to complete all of my reps for my alts it's going to take 3-4 months... ie, I'm -still- stuck grinding dailies every day on two alts at a time in order to have any chance of accomplishing my rep grinds in a timely manner.

We'll still wind up burning ourselves out on dailies way to quickly. I'd like to enjoy pet battles more but raiding is what keeps me in wow, and without the right rep/patterns then I'm raiding handicap, which means I have to keep grinding these out on all of my other alts via dailies.

Tabard or account bound rep please.
Edited by Samanthya on 10/4/2012 11:01 AM PDT
100 Orc Death Knight
And I'm still not going to do that. Dailies aren't fun, they're required chores.

Hate to sound like your parents. but GET A JOB...

No seriously... Chores were to teach you to earn the things you want. Just because you earned the money for a car, doesnt mean you can yell at the real estate dealer and tell them, DAMN I just spent the past 3 years paying off my car, and you want me to pay a house payment now?!
90 Goblin Warrior
YES! /support
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm a little confused about the following.

10/04/2012 10:05 AMPosted by Crithto
  • The Revered character earns double reputation as he or she works toward Exalted

• Could we possibly get a in-depth breakdown of how this will work?

If I'm interpreting this correctly it essentially halves the time to get from revered to exalted on your main. That seems a little excessive don't you think? We've already established that you don't need to grind rep for gear to get into raiding since there are alternative routes.

Besides that one qualm this is a great change. I love the idea that once the initial rep grind is done on my main I can follow up in a more timely manner on my alts.
    90 Blood Elf Mage
    10/04/2012 11:02 AMPosted by Concequence

Hate to sound like your parents. but GET A JOB...

No seriously... Chores were to teach you to earn the things you want. Just because you earned the money for a car, doesnt mean you can yell at the real estate dealer and tell them, DAMN I just spent the past 3 years paying off my car, and you want me to pay a house payment now?!

This is the, so far, least intelligent post in this thread. By far. And that's saying a lot.
    90 Human Warrior
    This turns the grind from revered to exalted a joke for those doing the insane.

I like the rep changes stated in the OP but "The Insane" title should be made no longer obtainable as sad as it makes me to say it. It will make a prestigious title worthless imho

The game changes, get used to it. I do not view "The Insane" as any type of prestigious title, whenever I see someone with it I think to myself, he / she really is insane to have done all the work to get it.

Maybe, just maybe with this change I would have a small change to actually get that title now (still probably won't). The most prestigious title I have is my Vanilla PVP Commander title. Do I care that you can now get it by doing RBG's which is no where near the grind that it once was ?

No.
    87 Draenei Shaman
    NO BLIZZARD, PLS NO, only releasing the tabard is enough!!!
    2 Undead Monk
    Ok, we are not only doing 1000 dailies a day, we will also have to get rep on an alt so we can get double rep on the main. Brb quiting my job.
    Edited by Kungfudeo on 10/4/2012 11:05 AM PDT
    93 Draenei Shaman
    The main character gaining double reputation while leveling through Revered seems like overkill. Why not just half the required rep to go from Revered to Exalted? It's essentially the same thing.

I like the increased rep gain for alts though, and I think it will balance out well: still requiring the rep grind, but making it more accessible. I may end up with alts who have more than 5 reps at Exalted. ><

No it isn't. Why do people keep saying this.

It is much easier for them to code to double the reputation than to half the rep required from revered to exalted and then make it so the double reputation stops at revered.

You're just adding extra steps for a non-existent problem. Because either way characters will be getting 2x rep, so 2x rep at half the required rep to exalted will then only be the equivalent of only 5,250 at the current rep rates.
    100 Orc Death Knight
    10/04/2012 11:01 AMPosted by Samanthya
    I'm -still- stuck grinding dailies every day on two alts at a time in order to have any chance of accomplishing my rep grinds in a timely manner.

What is a timely manner? ... what do you even want on these rep vendors that's so important you NEED it now?

Shado-Pan Tiger Mounts? ... Golden Lotus Crane Mount? ... Oh I know August Celestial Bag recipe... you need your 28 slot bags like yesterday right?
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]