Upcoming Reputation Changes

(Locked)

90 Night Elf Mage
I can't do anymore dailies, ill just focus on lvling alts now. /:
Edited by Psynide on 11/8/2012 1:51 AM PST
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Mist of Pandaria went live on 9/25/2012 and it is currently 11/8/2012 at the time of this post. By my count that is 43 days of playable time including all the downtime due to maintenance and what not. I hit 90 on my hunter about 1 to 1.5 weeks after it went live (7 to 11 days) which would leave between 32 to 36 days. There are 7 days in a week which would put said time at around 5 weeks. So my first statement would be correct.

Yes I can and have been doing the dailies in around 1.5 hours or less since I hit 90. If you can’t I don’t know why. So my second statement is also true. Currently being exalted I do about 12 dailies each day for Golden Lotus which even competing with others I can do them in about 30 minutes or less. Since I have never played with you and have no idea who you are I not sure how you are able to tell me what I can and can’t do.

I would also say since you have no MOP rep above honored on this toon you should work on the dailies a little more before passing judgment on what others that have done the grind on at least one of toons say. By the way if you want to look up my hunter his name is Qallan and is on Hellscrean, Night Elf hunter.

Thank You and have a nice night.

Good job. On the fact that you were able to do something you enjoy doing and for distracting me off my actual point. I could state that you are the one that said "I" could do the dailies in such and such and my comments were directed to how long it took me to do something but, that is not the point.

I HATE DAILIES!!

That is the point. I just want blizzard to keep their promise of being able to play the game and progress in a way that is enjoyable to us. I don't care if you disagree mainly because apparently we have different opinions of what is fun. And, regardless of whether or not blizzard said anything about this before this forum is exactly for people to express their opinions on how they want the game to be. I am expressing my opinions and clearly stated that was what the statements I first posted were. You are the one who said it takes a certain amount of whatever to do what I wanted. So, what I said was true. You are incorrect. But, as stated it doesn't matter because that's not the point.

I HATE DAILIES!

There have been an insane amount people who have stated similar opinions and blizzard has not made any comments to that. I am not saying that we are in the majority. I am just saying that there are a lot of us. blizzard is, by all appearances, ignoring the folks who HATE dailies. In fact they are going to tie more of the game to doing the garbage dailies to progress. In case anyone can't do the math to figure this out, more dailies to do in the new patch is awful when:

I HATE DAILIES!!

As far as the comments about what I have or haven't done in this toon, I do have two reps above honored from MOP. But, that is actually here nor there. Firstly because you have no idea what other toons I have. Secondly it doesn't matter how many reps I have done the garbage dailies for how many times. That doesn't alter the facts of my arguments.

So, in closing,

I HATE DAILIES!!!!!

blizzard please make it so, I can still progress in reputation with out having to do daily quests.

Thank you and have a nice day.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
When it comes to double dipping on rep I think what people are talking about (my opinion) including myself is you do the dailies and lets say earn 1250 rep for a faction then throw on a tabard and run 3 or 4 dungeons and get another 2000 or 3000 rep. To me this is double dipping because you would be getting rep from two sources not just one. Also, remember by doing dailies yes we are getting the rep and earning the right to eventually being able to buy VP gear but we are not being given anything else except the charms which are useless unless you raid. If they give us tabards back that allow for rep gains while running dungeons and raids then you are getting the rep, VP, the right to the rep rewards and whatever else that drops along with the gear that is only given in whatever instance you are in.

The argument against what I just said is “well the people who do dailies could also run dungeons” which I would reply by saying there may be just as many people who like doing just dailies and not dungeons. This is why I mentioned putting a daily cap on rep gains no matter which way you chose to gain rep allowing only for additional rep on top of the cap through item drops that are in game now. The would also help to cut down on people hitting exalted in 2 days and saying “what do I do now”.

Right now no one is being held back from earning rep with a faction. If you are not doing dailies it is your choice for whatever the reason you may have. If I wanted a mount or certain gear from a dungeon or raid but didn’t feel like doing them I wouldn’t tell Blizz or others that they where holding me back when its my choice not to run them. If I want something in game or in life I realize I need to do something and put in the effort to earn it.

I understand somewhat why people are upset about rep being required for VP gear which would get you up to speed a little quicker for raiding but VP gear as mentioned in a lot of threads is more of pre-raid gear or filler gear for the spots that you haven’t gotten an upgrade for yet. To me the old way which was “run what you may need VP gear for first to get VP to buy the gear that you no longer need “ didn’t make sense. The system that Blizzard has put in place for this expansion is good in my opinion because for the people that don’t raid or run endless heroic’s this gives them a way to gear up if they do want to try it out. They could also go the path that has been there for a while now which is regular dungeons, heroic’s, LFR, 10 man, 25 man and so on. Both paths get you to the same end point and again just depends on the amount of effort you want to put in. If you just want something to spend VP on then wait until they finish the system with upgrade option for items or just do enough dailies to get to honored.

For the people who think this system doesn’t work or is to much of a grind because you need to do dailies I would say it’s nothing new just a little different from past grinds. There have been a few reps in the past that could be only be earned by doing a certain dungeon or raid. There have been a few that require killing a small group of npc’s or looting objects to gain rep. In all case there was only 1 way to earn rep. If you think these dailies are bad go to Booty Bay and earn your Bloodsail rep by killing only the bruisers there. And yes I do realize that a lot of these older reputations didn’t offer many so called required items (VP gear), but it is the same basic principle as in there was only 1 way to earn rep.

The problem I have with your statements is that before you could raid and fill in holes in your rng with the valor gear. Now you can not. Unless of course you have gone to work and did the garbage dailies. Regardless of that is the fact that they have gated progression (the actual term not the game term) behind dailies. If you don't do the dailies you will hit a wall.

Bringing up the past and saying that we used to have to do xxx so many times to move forward in a reputation is a silly argument because it is easily countered with "We used to be able to put on a tabard and run dungeons to get rep"

Locking reputation behind one mechanic is bad design. If you need to have me time gated that is fine. Do it some other way. There have been crap tons of suggestions. Stop forcing me to do things I HATE to more forward in reputations. There is really only one result that will come of that.
Earning reputation with various factions has long been an important part to World of Warcraft and as time has gone on, we've made tweaks and changes to the system to make it more interesting and to give players access to unique items. For example, we recently hotfixed the game to apply a change to some reputation items which you can read about in our [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7207170/Patch_505_Hotfixes_-10_2_2012"]recently updated blog[/url] that allows players to purchase certain items much sooner. And we're not done!

Coming in a future patch, earning reputation is going to become much more fluid. Basically, once one of your characters has reached at least Revered reputation with a faction, all other characters on the same Battle.net account will then earn reputation with the same faction at twice the rate. Going one step further, and as an added bonus, your main character who reached Revered will also begin to earn double the reputation as he or she climbs to Exalted.

Here's a simplified break down:

• Any single character earns Revered reputation with a faction
  • All other characters on the Battle.net account begin to earn double reputation for that one same faction
  • The Revered character earns double reputation as he or she works toward Exalted
  • ???
  • Profit

• We’ll keep you posted as this change is closer to being implemented. In the meantime, we’d love to hear your feedback!

I know mmos need time sinks, but dailys are the worst, least fun way you can possibly do this.

We did enough quests leveling up tyvm.
    100 Blood Elf Paladin
    I was looking through blue posts on MMO champ and saw that over in the EU forum a blue actually is having a dialog about the nonsense that is dailies. Granted of course he is only spouting the drivel about "it's not necessary" or "you don't have to do them to progress" but, at least the EU blues are commenting about it. While over here we get silence.

Come to think of it I am not sure which I prefer.

But, I have some comments on some of the blues remarks:

Oh it is. But the developers were quite clear on that side. They felt that running dungeons on itself is already rewarwd enough and wanted to move away from a model where reputations were just a byproduct of doing something that you are going to do anyways (run heroics).

Why is it a problem that dungeons already have rewards associated? Dailies already do as well. So, you would rather the boring dailies have triple rewards? I don't understand the necessity of this:

blizzard: "Do you want this shiny?"
    Me: "yeah I do!"
    blizzard: "Why?"
    Me: "It looks cool" or "It would help my group"
    blizzard: "Too bad! You can only have it if you do this insanely boring or tedious task for a month!"
    Me: "But, I want to play the game, have fun and progress"
    blizzard: "Too bad. Get to work. And by the way make sure your payment info is up to date so we can charge you for the pleasure of doing that thing you don't want to do."

Is there a good reason why you need to get the cloud serpent on all your alts? I think a concept that disappeared over the course of Cataclysm was that of your "main" character. The "main" character has always been that on which you invest most time and has most things than any other character in your account.

Umm... I thought the point of shared achieves, pets and mounts was specifically to move away from the "main" mentality to allow you to play whatever toon you want or whichever is most beneficial to the group.

So, what should be changed on dailies so that they're fun to you? (and please don't say "remove them" or something that would turn them into something irrelevant, or we'd be missing the point of the question!)

Just as an example, all the factions on Mists have rotating dailies (some of them are set, like the profession dailies for the Order of the Cloud Serpent and some of the Golden Lotus daily quests) and there's variety on them regarding what you do, which is not always kill this, gather that.

I won't say to remove them because some people like them. Even though that is what I would like to see. How about make it so I never have to do the same quest more than once and remove the blue "!" replace it with a yellow "!". Then replace your gating mechanism or time sink with something that I would enjoy. A dungeon quest that says to kill the last boss in some dungeon. Or plant 10 flags in the corpses of fallen {opposite faction} players inside or outside of a battle ground. Or something as interesting and fun to me as daily quests, get on your flying mount fly up for 10 seconds, fly north for 5 minutes, west for 5 minutes, south for 5 minutes and east for 5 minutes. Land your mount and see if you are in the same place and then turn the quest in.

I am not sure if posting a link is allowed to a post in the EU version of the forums. So, if it is not please tell me and I will remove it.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5848175524?page=12#225

edit:
    PS why can't I post on the EU forums and the EU folks post on the US forums?
    Edited by Saraphina on 11/8/2012 2:38 PM PST
    Great fix to this constant topic, but the best fix I believe is making reputations account-wide.
    100 Night Elf Hunter
    Saraphina,

^^. nothing but ^^.
    29 Undead Rogue
    11/08/2012 02:40 PMPosted by Oliver
    Great fix to this constant topic, but the best fix I believe is making reputations account-wide.
    100 Worgen Death Knight
    I Love Profit!
    90 Tauren Death Knight

Here's a simplified break down:

• Any single character earns Revered reputation with a faction

• All other characters on the Battle.net account begin to earn double reputation for that one same faction
  • The Revered character earns double reputation as he or she works toward Exalted
  • ???
  • Profit

• This South Park / meme quote made my day. <3 u blizerd
    100 Blood Elf Warlock
    Edited by Jàyde on 11/11/2012 5:44 AM PST
    100 Tauren Warrior
    the revered to exalted bonus on the original character is really unnecessary
    100 Worgen Death Knight
    10/04/2012 10:05 AMPosted by Crithto
  • ???
  • Profit

• WIN!!!
    100 Night Elf Hunter
    Cool I was wondering how this was going to play out for alts. I assumed it was going to be a BoA tabard that could be purchased at exalted allowing alts to earn rep at an inflated rate. This sounds easier I guess since its not limited to realm, but the tabards having a use would have been kinda nifty too.
    100 Blood Elf Death Knight
    Can we make it that all toons have double rep to exalted if one toon has exalted?
    Also i agree what they should add is a BoA rep tabard avaliable at exalted with a faction.

All this current rep changes are are minor PR.
    currently rep
    from Neutral to Friendly: 3,000
    From Friendly to Honored: 6,000
    From Honored to revered: 12,000
    From Revered to exalted: 21,000

With the changes it will be effectively on an alt:

rom Neutral to Friendly: 1,500
    From Friendly to Honored: 3,000
    From Honored to revered: 6,000
    From Revered to exalted: 21,000

While saying that we are getting double rep, the changes only end reducing the rep grind by 25%.

While this 25% does make the rep grind easier it is not a solution for players that are leveling multiple alts and want to get to exalted with a reputation or several.
    By including exalted in the double rep for alts you reduce the rep grind by 50% which sounds more fair.

(i still want either BoA rep tabards available at exalted or BoA reputation but this sounds more reasonable.)
    100 Blood Elf Warlock
    Why are you assuming that the double rep bonus for alts stops when they hit revered?
    11/16/2012 12:55 AMPosted by Gavalorn
    Why are you assuming that the double rep bonus for alts stops when they hit revered?

trying to find which wall of text i read that in but ill find it.
    cant find it maybe i did assume that.... but damn i am sure i read up to revered somewhere
    100 Draenei Mage
    11/08/2012 01:51 AMPosted by Psynide
    I can't do anymore dailies, ill just focus on lvling alts now. /:
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]