Upcoming Reputation Changes

(Locked)

90 Tauren Death Knight
While I think dailies can get boring, monotonous and sometimes silly(water balloon bombing the ground, which is supposedly super-fertile to grow vegetables so big, even the NPCs comment on it), I think dailies should be the way to gain rep with a faction.

If you gave me a tabard for a faction, I'd be exalted with them in a day, maybe two if I got lackadaisical(that is a word right?).

EDIT: I snipped out 3/4ths of my post, as it was long. I may make a new thread with my entire post later. I left what I thought to be most relevant.

All in all, this long, long post will blend in like all the others in this now 83 page thread. I just like to put at the bottom, I am pretty content with the content in MoP so far. I have things to do, rares to kill(for the goodie bag, rare pets, and XP Elixir) and Galleon to camp. Stay on this path and I'll be happy, hopefully along with a good majority of players.
Edited by Deffknight on 11/16/2012 2:47 AM PST
55 Human Death Knight
The Revered character earns double reputation as he or she works toward Exalted

This I don't understand.

My guess is so people can start gearing up their alts faster so they put the rep bonus at revered.
Blizz has their reasons I'm sure.
Edited by Rock on 11/16/2012 4:43 AM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Best change ever!
100 Night Elf Druid
So they are makeing rep changes at the same time they are makeing upgrades for vp available. Seems a little late and a huge waste of time. Who is going to do the grind when they don't have to? I for one won't, mounts and not so good looking tabards that do absolutly nothing aren't enough reason for me.

EDIT: By don't have to I'm not implying dalies are forced. I just mean if you want vp gear than you have to grind.
Edited by Taladruid on 11/16/2012 5:20 AM PST
90 Pandaren Monk
I think the rep thing is all fine and dandy but since I don't really need the rep except tillers for anything but mounts (allready raiding with little or no rep) what the big deal about rep? I think there is too many and this change helps but if you think I am going to level another toon based on the idea I need to? I didn't for the first char thus far I saw nothing I wanted that bad except the flipping table which is going to be SLOWWWWWW.

On a totally off the wall note. I hate how LFR doesn't tell you who won what that would be nice but thanks to the coin thing I won 4 bloody epics in one run. I hadn't won anything forever and now I am overflowing!

I hate not seeing but I love it when I can cause I know it's all mine. Really though thanks for the optional (get it through yer heads people) rep grinds and especially the LFR option; it's the only way I can raid and bonus!!! I never have to leave a guild to raid again!

(Yes yes it's not the best stuff what the heck do I care it will all be replaced via next expansion anyways =P) I am here to play a game not live another's life.)
90 Human Paladin
i'm probably the 5 millionth person to beg you guys to make rep easier to farm from neutral to revered... 7 golden lotus dailies per day for friendly to honored is extremely annoying.
10 Gnome Warlock
Honestly, the dailies on 2 toons is making me dislike WOW. It's bad enough that we can only get valor gear through rep but to add the professions items in the rep is awful. I have leveled 4 toons mainly because i want the professions for my main and this is absolutely rediculous! Having to spend 3-4 hours a day just to do the "maintenance" for my 2 90's is beyond BS!
90 Human Hunter
When you play games such as World of Warcraft you play them so you can have fun.

Dailies feel more like a chore than anything else. Which not surprisingly takes the fun factor out of the game, and it feels more like a job than a game at that point.

Its ok to have a small few, but in my opinion they gone over the top with the dailies. It takes me a couple hours to get all dailies done with all factions. I hit revered recently with the Golden Lotus so the rest of the factions are now unlocked and my list for dailies gotten much bigger. Not looking forward to rep grinding for the new factions as well as continuing to do so for the old ones, and the thought of doing it all again for alt characters makes my stomach cringe, so I am very thankful you are going make great strides to change that.

As others pointed out I am sure, this concept is not casual friendly. Due to the fact it is so time consuming to get these dailies done each day, casual players may only have enough leisure time each day to get the dailies done and not much else.

I myself am not a casual gamer but I can sympathize with the casual gamers who are dealing with this situation.

My suggestion would be to turn these dailies into weeklies, and increase the amount of rep they award to compensate for having to wait a week before doing them again. Increase them to where they awarded seven times the amount they used to, to compensate.

So even though there still will be a lot of quests to do, having people do them once a week instead of daily I find to be less harsh.

Normally I would not suggest this but due to the fact that players are overwhelmed by dailies each day, is the reason I find this to be a possible solution.
Edited by Clavicus on 11/16/2012 6:48 PM PST
100 Human Paladin
I have an odd question about the rep "token" in 5.1. From what I have read it will increese rep gained with it's faction (ie. tillers) by 100% for all charactors on that acount. One charactor has to get to revered with the faction inorder to get it.

So here is the; question are thay comulitive? If I get to revered with the second charactor and buy the "token" again will it now be 200%? And if not why?

As I see it the more charactors that get it should make it so the next one dosn't have to do as much. That way for those that 9+alts the rep gains would almost be like rep was Boa.(like a lot of people wanted in the first place)
90 Draenei Priest
11/16/2012 05:24 AMPosted by Hangankim
I think the rep thing is all fine and dandy but since I don't really need the rep except tillers for anything but mounts (allready raiding with little or no rep) what the big deal about rep? I think there is too many and this change helps but if you think I am going to level another toon based on the idea I need to? I didn't for the first char thus far I saw nothing I wanted that bad except the flipping table which is going to be SLOWWWWWW.

Because not everyone can just jump into raiding headfirst, have a guild capable of doing so, or they have patterns/recipes that are currently locked behind reputations.
90 Goblin Death Knight
There not going to add jack fix crap or do anything ! there were talking about adding ghost flying and still we walk / add reputaion to alts as double and still they dont ! there lyeing to us not gonna add crap till we do not need it at all! and mop sucks balls really boreing now ! and everytime i see a panda i laugh took a year to get a stupid bear really!anyway dec 5 my account runs out wish to hell i had waited on buying mop! Boreing really boreing ghost walking did it for me and the 8 hour a day daily runs lmao ! and I fineally got best friends with all at halfhill and bam i got a straw hat in the mail has not 1 stat on it i guess it is for takeing a dump in all i could figure
Edited by Longnose on 11/18/2012 10:12 PM PST
49 Human Warlock
Reputations should just be removed, as should leveling. Just give people an option to select what level they want to make their character, and give everybody exalted status with all factions.
90 Tauren Death Knight
I am actually having a difficult time understanding this simple concept, forgive me. Ok, my hunter is my main; he is exalted with every faction in panda land. I buy which ever Grand Commendation from one of the vendors. Since they are BoP to my hunter, I have to right click to use it. Is there some kind of buff that the alt will see once it is at least neutral with a faction?

My 85 1/2 warlock has not engaged more than Hozens and maybe Shado-pan at this point. So if I understand this right, when said lock finally engages one of the factions. The WoW system is going to be smart enough to know that I already purchased one of the Grand Commendation from a vendor and receive 100% more rep from quests or dailies. I have a hard time thinking the WoW system is that intelligent. What if I wait another 3 months or more to level a monk from 1 to 90, will the system remember I bought all the Grand Commendations?
14 Night Elf Hunter
When you play games such as World of Warcraft you play them so you can have fun.
Dailies feel more like a chore than anything else. Which not surprisingly takes the fun factor out of the game, and it feels more like a job than a game at that point.

Its ok to have a small few, but in my opinion they gone over the top with the dailies. It takes me a couple hours to get all dailies done with all factions. I hit revered recently with the Golden Lotus so the rest of the factions are now unlocked and my list for dailies gotten much bigger. Not looking forward to rep grinding for the new factions as well as continuing to do so for the old ones, and the thought of doing it all again for alt characters makes my stomach cringe, so I am very thankful you are going make great strides to change that.

As others pointed out I am sure, this concept is not casual friendly. Due to the fact it is so time consuming to get these dailies done each day, casual players may only have enough leisure time each day to get the dailies done and not much else.

I myself am not a casual gamer but I can sympathize with the casual gamers who are dealing with this situation.

My suggestion would be to turn these dailies into weeklies, and increase the amount of rep they award to compensate for having to wait a week before doing them again. Increase them to where they awarded seven times the amount they used to, to compensate.

So even though there still will be a lot of quests to do, having people do them once a week instead of daily I find to be less harsh.

Normally I would not suggest this but due to the fact that players are overwhelmed by dailies each day, is the reason I find this to be a possible solution.

I love dailies. And most certainly am not overwhelmed by them. Players just want to have everything right now and wont pace themselves. It's not like they can get all the gear at once. They still need the VP which takes over 20 weeks for all the pieces.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]