Upcoming Reputation Changes

90 Tauren Hunter
Forgive me for not reading the past 80+ pages, but just a simple question:

Does the rep boost work ONLY on Pandaria factions, or does this apply to all factions gamewide?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Forgive me for not reading the past 80+ pages, but just a simple question:

Does the rep boost work ONLY on Pandaria factions, or does this apply to all factions gamewide?

ONLY on Pandaria factions
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
So um... I don't think this buff is working. I turned in a shado-pan daily and still got the usual 275 reputation instead of 100% more. I'm revered, yes.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
11/27/2012 01:32 PMPosted by Eluulii
So um... I don't think this buff is working. I turned in a shado-pan daily and still got the usual 275 reputation instead of 100% more. I'm revered, yes.

Did you purchase AND use the Grand Commendation from the Shado-Pan quartermaster?
Edited by Novalas on 11/27/2012 1:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
My main is still earning the same rep at revered he always has.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
11/27/2012 01:34 PMPosted by Novalas

Did you purchase AND use the Grand Commendation from the Shado-Pan quartermaster?

Ah I see this now. Damn I did all my dailies for today without even seeing it. -.-
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
11/27/2012 01:42 PMPosted by Vail

Ah I see this now. Damn I did all my dailies for today without even seeing it. -.-

What he said. I did not know it was a purchase thing. Saw nothing in the notes about purchasing something, I thought it was an auto-rep gain. Thankfully, only turned in one daily..
Reply Quote
Community Manager
11/27/2012 01:34 PMPosted by Novalas

This is what you'll need to open up the benefits to all your characters on your account (e.g. Grand Commendation of the Order of the Cloud Serpent).
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

This is what you'll need to open up the benefits to all your characters on your account (e.g. Grand Commendation of the Order of the Cloud Serpent).

What? Cloud-serpent?

It's just an example. Pretend it says Shado-Pan, or any other MoP faction.

The point remains; you have to purchase and use the commendation to get the bonus rep.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior

And presumably, if you have alts on two different accounts, transfer them to one and cancel the other or accept being punished for being one of Blizzard's best customers.

This whole reputation grind thing is almost like someone was trying to lose subscriptions. I know they weren't, but it sure seems like it.

And now with the conquest upgrades, you are telling those with alts who hit 90 late in the season "forget about ever catching up this season." I'm sure that will cause a number of people to give up on the game.

Whoever is making these decisions could really use some more business sense.
Edited by Finelor on 11/27/2012 1:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
This is not what we were "promised". Double rep on Panderian factions will do not good if I burn out while leveling my alts through the first 85 levles of rep grinding.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I love dailies. And most certainly am not overwhelmed by them. Players just want to have everything right now and wont pace themselves. It's not like they can get all the gear at once. They still need the VP which takes over 20 weeks for all the pieces.

No, I just think dailies are not so fun. Some of the individual dailies are kinda fun, granted, but that and raiding are the bulk of the max level content (unless you want to go do all the lowbie quest you missed). I'd rather have more max level quest to do (and yes, I've got the Loremaster of Pandaria achievement).
I also find the rep rewards from a lot of the golden lotus and kla'axi dailies to be really insultingly low. Shado-Pan isn't bad though, and Anglers were actually fun.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
One of the most asked questions so far is, what gives with the tabard changes? When we introduced reputation tabards in The Burning Crusade, they were set to be used as a means to gain attunement for raiding. Sadly, the specificity of each tabard made it so they discouraged players from running dungeons together. If one player needed reputation from one dungeon, while his friend needed it for another, the two ended up not playing together when they would have liked to. You saw the shift away from this philosophy during Wrath of the Lich King and on into Cataclysm. For Mists of Pandaria, though, we feel dungeons are already rewarding so it made the most sense to have reputation earned by doing things for each particular faction. The various factions are what really bring a lot of the flavor and character to the world of Pandaria. We weren’t very happy that the status quo in Cataclysm was to virtually ignore most factions and what they’re about, by instead doing the fairly unrelated task of running dungeons. It provided a way for players to essentially double dip on rewards from dungeons and faction reputations simply by putting on a shirt when queuing. In Mists we’ve changed the reward structure in a way that we feel makes for a better, more diverse gameplay experience..

Even when I can understand that I don't think this is even enough. Daily quests are boring and dungeons are NOT rewarding enough. Most of the times you team up with inexperienced players who do less damage than the healer and you end up doing most of the damage. Sorry, but that doesn't feel right at all.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I don't know about healers, but tanks are doing nuts DPS right now. On one hand it's kind of nice killing stuff quickly but it's ego-deflating as hell.

Agreed on heroics not being particularly rewarding though.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Earning reputation with various factions has long been an important part to World of Warcraft and as time has gone on, we've made tweaks and changes to the system to make it more interesting and to give players access to unique items. For example, we recently hotfixed the game to apply a change to some reputation items which you can read about in our [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7207170/Patch_505_Hotfixes_-10_2_2012"]recently updated blog[/url] that allows players to purchase certain items much sooner. And we're not done!

Coming in a future patch, earning reputation is going to become much more fluid. Basically, once one of your characters has reached at least Revered reputation with a faction, all other characters on the same Battle.net account will then earn reputation with the same faction at twice the rate. Going one step further, and as an added bonus, your main character who reached Revered will also begin to earn double the reputation as he or she climbs to Exalted.

Here's a simplified break down:

• Any single character earns Revered reputation with a faction
  • All other characters on the Battle.net account begin to earn double reputation for that one same faction
  • The Revered character earns double reputation as he or she works toward Exalted
  • ???
  • Profit

• We’ll keep you posted as this change is closer to being implemented. In the meantime, we’d love to hear your feedback!

Swift move to get more money out of us 35/40 gold per faction when if I remember right you NEVER said anything about a charge.... Typical blizzare, lies and no communication.
    Reply Quote
    90 Draenei Shaman
    Well the original part of this post sure did turn out to be misleading.

So are the reputation changes done or is this just a short term solution to people freaking out about dailies?
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Paladin
    I really hope this isn't all, was looking forward to faster vanilla, BC, and wrath rep grinds on alts :(
    Reply Quote
    11/27/2012 02:37 PMPosted by Darghon
    Swift move to get more money out of us 35/40 gold per faction when if I remember right you NEVER said anything about a charge.... Typical blizzare, lies and no communication.

First, you do realize that in-game gold isn't real, don't you? Blizzard doesn't actually make money when you buy stuff from vendors.

Second, really? You're complaining about 35-40g per faction?
    Edited by Keeblik on 11/27/2012 2:48 PM PST
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]